How do we stop Disney?

How do we stop Disney?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKWwsU40ABA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We don't, they'll run out of steam in a decade or so. Until then just grit your teeth and hide all SW/capeshit threads.

Well, for one thing don't have like 2/3's of the threads on Sup Forums be related to one of their IPs.

Expose their hold on critics, half of those movies are fucking awful and the others are just mediocre

Make a good movie

>Star Wars IP
>Marvel IP
>Animation division
>Live action remakes of vaults and vaults of IPs
They can't be stopped. They're self-sufficent.

Rogue one is a flop, I find it funny people are pretending it's not.

For a franchise as big as star wars to be struggling this hard to cross the billion dollar mark is an embarrassment, especially given how much money they have spent on advertising. When BvS didn't it was mocked everywhere, Star wars gets special treatment.

>BvS makes 960million
>"It's a flop, didn't even break 1 billion with a big franchise!"
>"WB on suicide watch!"
>Star Wars Rogue one 900 million
>"Wow it's so profitable, amazing success!"
>"lol boycott, so much money!"
>"Disney does it again guys, nearly a billion dollars...wow!"
>Rogue one flops in China
>"wow all that smog, such bad luck!"

terrorism

Even with it being a flop Disney can afford to lose money. They expected it to perform poor

>dude the empire is evil fite the power
>presented by Disney

pottery

but then Americans won't see it.

But BvS sucked donkey balls

Disney is killing not doing that

The government will call them a monopoly soon enough

>Expose their hold on critics

Maybe WB should own one of those major review sites, like Rotten Tomatoes

That's true, but Disney don't care... until Star Wars VIII. If that movie is a flop too, things will be ugly.

BvS sucked honey. Marvel has nothing to do with it.

despicable me 3 will destroy disney next year

>BvS makes 960million
Wiki says a movie with two most iconic superheroes pitted against each other couldn't push 900 million. Meanwhile a spin-off Star Wars movie with literally who characters did.

when do they do stop counting towards a gross value?
do we just keep adding all the money spent on purchases of the films from release until the end of time? because that's pretty much how it works for gone with the wind and all the rereleases of titantic and others. sort of cheating.

>Darth Vader
>who?

At least thanks to it we will get Tron 3 soon. At this point Disney can afford shit ton of missteps.

He sold tickets I guess but he wasn't a central character. Unlike Batman and Superman in their movie.

>Star Wars VIII
>3 Marvel movies
>whatever animated shit they have again
Yeah they'll still be the no.1 studio of the year even if Despicable Me will do great.

If Rogue One wasn't so propped up by US manchildren, then it wouldn't have even passed BvS.

>it doesn't count!

Kill yourself

Spideys mony goes to Sony

BvS was propped up by US manchildren as well. Just like any other capeshit.

Does it? Even without Spider-Man, GotG will easily reach 1 billion and Thor & Hulk will reach 700 million.

Star Wars will make a gorillion amount of money again because of Carrie Fisher's death. There's no way they won't win the year again.

meant for

>BvS
>capeshit
DCEU is capekino. Marvel/SW is capeshit

By watching actual cinema and if you refuse then go back to Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r/movies or Sup Forums you below entry level scum.

>GotG will easily reach 1 billion

Disney is literally the only studio who's making competent blockbusters right now. When WB, Sony and the like stop being retarded they'll have real competition

Disney figured out a secret, if you make movies that are good people will see them.

Yes, but Star Wars is the ultimate manchild bait, and far more manchildren jerk off over Star Wars than they do Batman.

I'd argue that Batman v Superman's main audience was teenage/20-something year old guys, while Star Wars' main audience is literal manchildren - 30-50-year old men who cream themselves over a children's franchise.

>GotG will easily reach 1 billion

No.

>Star Wars will make a gorillion amount of money again because of Carrie Fisher's death.

Might not even pass Jurassic World.

More like if you can remake your entire back catalogue competently nostalgia fags will see it in their millions

It will, dumb frogposter. First one made 778 million and it was a sleeper hit, everyone and their dog will come for the memes and "le kawaii baby Groot xD".

It has the most wide appeal out of any Marvel IP. Families with children will flock to it again because of talking animals and toyetic characters. Screencap this, you know I'm right.

Hiring James Gunn was smart. I liked his other movie. youtube.com/watch?v=oKWwsU40ABA

You're an idiot who knows nothing about the box office. Do you even know how crowded its release window is?

Making shit and attaching a big name doesn't fly in the age of Rotten Tomatoes. Disney seems to be the only ones to figure this out.

Blockbusters aren't masterpieces but theyre better blockbusters than the other studios.

>First one made 778 million
>second one will make a billion

lmao

Infinity War will top Avatar?

Don't be fucking retarded.

Been a while since I've seen a post as wrong as yours.

Nice rebuttal, kid.

rogue one was simply a filler movie, closer to marvel's civil war. BvS was also in the same vein as Civil War and BvS radically underpreformed comparatively. Marvel/Disney can't be stopped.

DCucks level is off the charts. Take your second place, consider it mercy. If Disney wanted it, you'd be dead already.

If you think Guardians will make $1b then you simply have no understanding of the box office.

Furthermore, even if Ep 8 makes $700m domestically, Star Wars is so weak overseas that it'd only make $750m overseas on top of that, which isn't enough to pass JW.

>inb4 b-but Paul Walker's death gave F7 a huge boost overseas, hence Carrie Fisher's deal will do the same for Ep 8

Literally the logical reasoning skills of a 5 year-old child.

>propped up by US manchildren
Unlike BvS, and suicide squad, right? Because capeshit totally isn't propped up by manchildren.

Just checked Jurassic World's box office. $1,670m worldwide - thought it was closer to $1.5b

Yeah Episode 8 isn't passing that. Even with $800m domestic and $850m overseas, it'd still fall short.

It's not my fault that you don't know what you're talking about Mr. WB Executive

>i'm going to pay to watch a Star Wars movie for 10 minutes of Vader fanservice alone
>instead of simply watching on YouTube uploads after online and blu-ray releases
Pretty retarded desu.

Episode 7 grossed 1150m overseas.
8 needs to be shit and sticks to loose 300 millions after death-hype.

Disney's Star Wars fans for you

I bet you fags thought BvS was going to make $1 billion+ easy. WB in full damage control kek

A Star Wars movie is not going to make a billion as we speak though

Not at all. Have you seen Rogue One? TFA was already weak overseas in comparison to domestic - Rogue One is even weaker.

TFA was the introduction to Star Wars in a lot of major markets, and a huge chunk of its overseas gross came from that curiosity factor. Now that that's gone, Star Wars is back to performing worse overseas than it does domestically. TFA underperformed hard in a lot of markets (Russia, Spain, China, Italy, Brazil, and more) because of how poorly it was received, and Ep 8 will do much worse because of it.

Why are you calling me "WB"?

What does any of this have to do with BvS?

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, it should do better in the foreign market now that they have been introduced to SW with ep7. Also, when you say foreign market, you mean China? Because SW is just as huge in Europe than it is in America.

By that logic, next Avengers will not gross 1 billion, because solo movies make around 600-700m.

920m without China. It will outgross Civil War by the end of january.

No one gave a fuck about jurassic world you stupid cunt. Of course the next episode of star wars will surpass it. Kill yourself for literally being retarded and a burden on others

>Because SW is just as huge in Europe than it is in America.

No it isn't. It's as huge in the UK only. In Germany and France it's relatively big, but everywhere else it's a second-tier property. TFA did poorly in Spain, Italy, outright flopped in Russia, and also did just "OK" in smaller European markets like Norway, NL, Belgium, Portugal etc.

>If anything, it should do better in the foreign market now that they have been introduced to SW with ep7.

You missed the part where Episode 7 was poorly received in all those new markets and benefited hugely from the curiosity factor.

>By that logic, next Avengers will not gross 1 billion, because solo movies make around 600-700m.

All solo Marvel movies are as strong as Ultron was overseas, relative to domestic. They all make ~65% of their gross overseas. Avengers (2012) made 59% of its gross overseas, and because it was a new property and people liked it, Ultron increased that and made 67% of its gross overseas. The markets that were introduced to Star Wars through Episode 7 didn't like it. Ep 8 will fall significantly from TFA in China, Russia, Italy, Spain, etc.

It's at $914m through Sunday, which includes its $30m debut in China (Friday to Sunday). It's impossible for it to pass Civil War at this point, and it might end up at #4 worldwide behind Dory and Zootopia.

I love Star Wars fanboy tears.

forgot to quote you in this

>A Star Wars movie is not going to make a billion as we speak though

It's already grossed $915m and is the highest grossing film for the 3rd weekend in a row.
It's going to pass $1b within the week

>M-muh jurassic world

You're clearly an Indian or some inferior race. No one cares about that stupid fucking franchise but nostalgia fags. I don't know a single fucking person that went and saw that gay ass stupid fucking dinosaur movie

>$30m debut in China

Holy fuck this is bad

I don't give a fuck about Jurassic World, I just know that Episode 8 isn't going to pass it.

>I love Star Wars fanboy tears.

Even if SW is going to slow down at the box office, why would it bother the fans? Disney still makes a shitton of money with the movies thus will continue to make them. We aren't shareholders at Disney, so why should we give a shit if ep8 makes 2 billion, 1,6 billion or "just" 1.3 billion $?

That's why you're a fucking idiot

>why would it bother the fans?

I don't know, but it really seems to.

The only people I constantly see obsessing over box office numbers are people like you though.

>Dory beat Zootopia Worldwide
What? Why? Last time I checked Dory didn't reach the billion and was out of cinemas. What the fuck? RIP Zootopia 2

What's "a person like me"?

I only pointed out that Episode 8 was unlikely to beat Jurassic World, and instantly Star Wars fanboys got extremely upset.

>What's "a person like me"?

Someone who hates Disney / SW for political or personal reasons and is really angry that they are practically printing money with this franchize while critics and fans alike love it. So now you somehow found comfort in hoping they will make slightly less money next year.

Why are you projecting this persona on me?

I've made no mention of hating Disney or Star Wars, or any mention of politics at all.

I know it'd be nice for you to be able to group everyone into these nice little categories you have in your mind, but just because I said Star Wars won't beat Jurassic World, doesn't mean I hate Disney or Star Wars. You're an idiot.

Unfreeze Walt Disney and he will kick all the money hungry jews that are ruining his company

>Wiki says
kek'd

is jungle book good? my little sister wants to watch it with her friends

I can't really get too mad at Disney, I mean yeah they always churn out generic, mediocre, and bland films, but Hollywood is a business after all. They managed to create the formula to create money

We cant. They will continue buying huge properties people like and squeezing every last dime from them because the fans have no fucking choice

I can't think of a huge property they don't own. DC might even be theres before the end of the decade once these justice league films fucking suck

>How do we stop Disney?
work that meme magic, user

it's in our hands, literally

suffocate all shills, make some good pastas and pics

work it, and we'll have the giant on it's knees in no time

>Rogue one is a flop
Rouge one is currently one of the top 50 highest grossing films worldwide of all time and in the top 10 in the US. It may not top Civil War globally but it will beat out Finding Dory in one week to become the highest grossing film released in 2016 in the US. It is still in theaters. It's been number one in the US and most elsewhere since it was released.

All of that for a non-mainline standalone Star Wars film with low expectations even by Disney. In what universe is that a flop?

>with low expectations even by Disney

HAHAHAHAHAH

they did have low expectations

>It may not top Civil War globally but it will beat out Finding Dory in one week

kek

do you really know nothing?

it's over, they've become too big

>Rouge one is second only to TFA in earnings in burgerland
>flop
I bet Disney shills are to blame

>a star wars movie with Darth Vader released on christmas

Vader was in it for 2 scenes and everyone knows it

>star wars in the title
>darth vader in the movie
>"w-we expected to make less money than finding dory haha"

lol