Emotional Attachment to the Third Reich

How many of you were emotionally attached to the Third Reich as a pre-teen child?

Honest question, please answer as thoroughly as possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNka5Uk5juA
youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The edgy pre-teen children here are still attached to the Third Reich.

I was attached to Stalin/USSR for some reason.

I still have the USSR anthem memorized.

who wouldnt be?

youtube.com/watch?v=dNka5Uk5juA

Jokes aside, I'm talking about actual pre-teens.

Just curious, do you remember what it was like when you first heard the USSR anthem?

First time I heard Deutschland Uber Alles, it triggered a lot of emotion. Kind of weird.

Thats a funny thing to ask. What do you mean by this?

This is for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

I was addicted to nazism and the like at about 5. Finding and reading as much material about the nazis and their ideology from that age forward.

My beliefs today are much more right wing economically, but the social Darwinism of nazism, the base philosophy and so on and so forth hasrely stuck with me.

Something was always so interesting and powerful and amazing about them the nazis, I admire them to this day.

I was obsessed with the Nazis as a child. They fascinated me and I watched many, many documentaries about world war 2.

Also drew swastikas over everything.

I mean to ask whether anyone here was emotionally attached to the Reich - or actually any historical period - in a way that a child normally would not be.

In my own case, I remember being a child and being very attached to the Operation Barbarossa. Whenever I would see a documentary or something about the Reich, I'd feel angry that the Germans lost.

I was a little kid and I was pissed off about the way the war ended.

I also told my parents some odd things that a child shouldn't.

Thanks for the clip, genuinely enjoyed it.

>who wouldnt be?

People who aren't pre-teens.

Ok, I once made a costume as an SS officer for Halloween, but my parents wouldnt let me got out like that. Apparently mass murderers and the like was cool, but nazis was just beyond all decency.

My Concepcion of the Nazis as a teenager was that the nazis were the cool bad guys. You hate them but at the same time you want to be like them.

Alright I did too. But looking back on my own pre-teens, I was attracted to the dark side, the anti hero, before the hero. I liked Dracula even more than I liked the nazis, and preferred Batman to Superman, etc etc.

But having grown up and looking back, I think there may well be 'family dynamic'psychological reasons for these choices. You see, I am a younger brother, and younger siblings must define their persona, by staking out the unclaimed territories left over by their elders.

That is- my elder bro naturally related to the allies,and so I was left supporting the axis.

He supported the hero of Dracula- Van Helsing, so I supported Drac.

Similarly with Superman/Batman question.

How old were you when you put the costume together?

In middle school i realized i was a riencarnated German Soldier.

And i had the biggest hatred of the english until then.

Nope. I hated learning about them in school though, and the constant reminder that they were the bad guys made me hate anything that wasn't white. I was about 7.

I always watched the Military Channel and History Channel as a kid. Every other show would be about Nazis, so I was naturally curious about them from a young age.

That's a very interesting perspective. There are some parallels and some major differences in my own case:

- Loved batman, disliked superman (he just seemed too fake / overpowered).

- Oldest child, only one younger sister. So I had a completely different family dynamic.

- Very protective of younger sister.

- Not attracted to the dark side of things. Always tried to stand up to kids who were bullies.

Bout 12, it was for a boy scout party. you know what scouts are? its like a boys brigade thing, to instill military discipline and outdoors skills in young chaps.

My elder bro had a leather trench coat for which I made an armband, and I crafted a cool officer skip cap and iron cross out of cardboard and spray paint kek.

Thing, is, I wasn't trying to be outrageous- it was Halloween, and I thought it was a cool idea to go as a modern evil. But it was apparently in poor taste, which I still don't really get the whys and wherefores of.

>Always tried to stand up to kids who were bullies.

This too. Despite the nazi vampire thing, I remember having a very strong sense of the importance of 'Good', and standing up to bullies.

Also hated kids who were unkind to animals, for similar reasons.

Its not difficult to see a corrupted version of these childish ideals in the preoccupations of Sup Forums

Sounds like you were a smart young chap who reasoned to himself:

> If you dress as something evil on Halloween, then why not dress as one of the evil guys who I hear about all the time?

That's a very logical premise. My perspective was very different. It was more along the lines of:

> Germany was in the right and should have won the war.

I remember looking at a map of Europe and thinking that its borders looked completely wrong and arguing with my parents about the morality of the Third Reich.

Over time I mostly grew out of it.

> Its not difficult to see a corrupted version of these childish ideals in the preoccupations of Sup Forums

Part of me wonders if that's where my own preoccupation came from. For one reason or another, I saw the Germans as victims and wanted to 'take their side' so to speak.