youtube.com/watch?v=_6_hXjOBAMI
youtube.com/watch?v=G0l-ywr8DW8
youtube.com/watch?v=kE_fB-j7lyU
youtube.com/watch?v=wEflPY7FBIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Banana :)

I wonder when the last person from the 20th century/last millennium will die

100 years

the last person confirmed to have been born in the 1890s died within the last two years, but human lifespans are going to extend over the next century
>reminder that the last confirmed CS veteran died in 1951
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Crump

>100 years after the war started
wew
they had some really interesting names in the 19th century though, didn't they

90 years, lad
the last Union veteran died two years later.
It's weird to think of how many people from the 19th century were still kicking around right up to the 50s and 60s. I once saw a game show clip on YouTube which featured an old guy who witnessed the Lincoln assassination.

oh right, but yeah it really puts time into a different perspective
>George III was born in 1738
>Queen Vic was alive during George III's lifetime
>There were people who were alive when we were born who were born in the reign of Queen Victoria

I guess that means everyone in this thread is only two lifetimes away from having been in the same room as George III

Independence for Cascadia NOW

/acadiana/

Just remembered that John Tyler, the 10th US president and born in 1790, has a grandson that's still alive who resides in Franklin, TN

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tyler#Family_and_personal_life

good lad

bad lad

another fun fact: the Department of Defence is still paying a Spanish-American War veteran's widow a pension as of 2016

was just about to type the Tyler thing before you posted it, too

you missed the last two threads, step it up M. Louis

This is a post of outstanding quality

t-there's two of them?
that explains the consistency

/appalachia/

I didn't think people would notice

/dixie/ is not the same without /acadiana/, keep it up

>captcha: Poitiers

Speaking of Acadiana, map post time.
I got a new flag ;).

>tfw no more Bourbon dynasty in France
suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=jRDXE3LHNGo

>tfw no more Nouvelle-France
we often meme about it but for me it is a real pain

youtube.com/watch?v=8I_vQHbmmaY

Maybe if France actually put people in New France rather than just building forts every other day than maybe you could've stopped the A*glo and Sp*nish forces from taking it.

iktf, personally I'd be ecstatic if the Bourbon restoration happened and they took over the administration of Nouvelle-France again
it would give me an excuse to brush up on my French

youtube.com/watch?v=2b58E7TyxeM

Yes. I have no idea why the king had so little interest in America.
I imagine the control of such profitable places like the St Lawrence river and the gulf of Mexico could have made the kingdom even richer

I'm not against a restauration, as long as it's not the Bonaparte and that they stay truthful and devoted to the real people of France.
But I don't see how they could take back Nouvelle-France in any way

>tfw too smart to colonize North America

>I have no idea why the king had so little interest in America.

At the time, Nouvelle-France was not very receptive to agriculture like the Thirteen Colonies were, so it was hard to find people to go there and there was no real need for indentured servants. Not to mention Louis XIV solved the issue of religious dissidents by sending them to hell rather than another continent.
The real wealth of those regions was in the fur trade, and it was more profitable to allow the natives that lived there to collect furs since they could go further inland and knew the terrain better. They also didn't need payment in gold but were happy to take trinkets like cookware.

Also I know the restoration of the monarchy and liberation of Nouvelle-France will never happen but I can still dream..

Why not the Bonaparte dynasty, though?

Because
1) Napoléon III
2) Bourbon comes first

Hmm, fair enough, especially about the Bourbons

I have a hard time blaming the Franco-Prussian War on Napoléon III personally, though. I blame Bismarck for being so good at manipulating the peoples' nationalistic agitation. The fucker knew how to mess Europe up good.

slow day today

Ye

fucks up with that guys neck

Slayed thirty pussies today.

evening /dixie/

>bumped the old thread like a dip because i didnt scroll to the bottom

i saw it
>wtf is this big idiot doing

i was excited

>i was excited
*looks at ur crotch*
owo whats this

bit gay

NOW BONERTIME NOW

its only med banter m8

some people cup other people's balls and make them sing the national anthem as ''banter'' here

ur one to talk

>conway will be a trap before 2020

youtu.be/Jsm4ryP6RqM

Same over here as well.

fucking italians
is no culture sacred to the land

N-no!

>tfw ordered a maid outfit

Going to be going up to Lexington, Virginia tonight. Should I get flowers for Lee?

transvestism is a grave sin.

stop wearing skirts

If the CSA reformed TODAY, who should our president be?

I like them

oh well

Me, or possibly Emperor Norton.

gay

gay

gay

gay

gay

gay

gay

Jim Webb

absolutely

There is nothing wrong with being gay :^)

faget

Yes there is

Great, now I'm going to have to sleep down stairs again, thanks a lot Virgin-ia.

No there isn't.

great post my closet homo friend

kek

It's going to be fucking great

Summer classes have almost ended to so now he won't have 6 gorillion essays to do

uniforms are top tier

my ears perk up every time i hear a girl is from catholic

because every one of those sluts kept their little plaid skirts because they know of the legendary status of school girl uniforms

The one thing i miss from going to high school is all the girls wearing skirts.
I like skirts and dresses, unfortuanetly normie girls only wear shitty jeans

Would the confederacy have enslaved Mexicans in the western territories or would they have just imported more blacks?

>uniforms are top tier
yessir

I had to wear slacks and a dress shirt at catholic school. Looked like a fucking mormon

The confederacy would have abolished slavery by 1910 at the latest. I'd imagine that they'd either deport blacks to Liberia or use them to colonize the less developed parts of Central America if they had gotten that far

Eventually external pressures would have convinced them to enfranchise everyone

i had straight black pants and a white shirt.
Thankfully my school didnt had the mandatory necktie

we had to wear neckties unfortunately

ah well
did you had to keep your hair short and shave everyday like we had to?
that shit sucked

>did you had to keep your hair short
Not too short, it wasn't that bad

Didn't really start shaving until 9th grade and by then I had moved to Arkansas

Thoughts on kentucky?

very nice place, good bourbon, ive got some family that lives out there

southern but not confederate

i didnt had to shave since couldnt grow a beard.
The short hair was the shit part, the first thing i did at my last year was to just grow it out.
I havent had it cut since

>I havent had it cut since
That can look either really good or really bad desu

I can't grow a beard either but occasionally I have to shave the few hairs that do grow

>Not having a full beard by 16

haha

Is SC cooler than NC?

>manlets with beards
There's nothing more pathetic

this is really good

youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6zYnBrJR8

Other way around

True, you would look even worse with a beard now that I think about it.

NC is basically occupied by yankees at this point, it's been developed into a bland corporate suburbia

the mountains in the west and the coast are still unique culturally, but the middle of the state around Raleigh is garbage

south carolina isn't near as bad, and kept more of it's heritage intact. NC and SC more german ethnically, so their bbq is mustard and vinegar based

it looks good on me thanfully.
I have very nice hair, even though i put minimal effort into it to straigthen the fucker.
But girls arent into guys with long hair here, i got way more looks in ankara though, they were intrested there since its anatolia and it isnt something you see everyday there.

>few hairs that grow
i dont have beard growing around the sides of my mouth and 2 weird spots in my neck.
Everywhere else gets facial hair, hopefully those places will too.
I dont think i would have a full beard if i could, but i do enjoy going outside with that ''i havent shaved in 2 days'' look every once in a while.

Btw speaking of shaving, i get alot of skinburn (that grey skin you get after shaving) when shaving my upper lip (mustache basically) and tried a couple of solutions but not of them worked.
Any solutions?

try something with aloe vera in it for that skinburn

wax that part maybe

Or get a safety razor. Those are usually better than the shitty disposable heads

thanks for the explanation

anyone here familiar with wilmington, nc?

i think waxing also gives you skinburn but i might try.
One of my friends really praised safety razors though i think i will get one of those.

are there any after-shave cologne with aloe-vera in it or should i just get some skin cream

i used to live near there

nice enough place

nah it's not an aftershavy kinda smell

honestly i'd try lotion/sunburn gel with it in it first, altho you can definitely find skin cream with some in it

>i think waxing also gives you skinburn but i might try
not really. Though I've never done it to my face and that's a lot more sensitive than your legs

Safety razors are great tho. It's easier to cut yourself but once you get used to them they're a lot better than regular ones

is it true that there's like semi ethnic french people in louisiana? They're called "cajun" or something like that.

not french myself btw, im on vacation here

>is it true that there's like semi ethnic french people in louisiana?
There are the original French settlers and the exiles from Acadia

yessir, the cajuns are some of the craziest southerners we have (some of the best cooks too)

wonderful folks, im from arkansas and they're just south of us

Yes, they live in these areas, some of them speak Cajun French as well, a near extinct language, but it's usually the older people that speak it .

>tfw our French settlers died out
feels bad

i mean, they just lived in arkansas as they traded up and down the rivers

new orleans was always the center for french settlement in the south

>tfw I will never live in The South
>tfw I will never get to be long-haired, skinny hippie, wearing oversized jeans tied with a rope
>tfw I will never live in shack or big trailer caravan
>tfw I will never be general handyman in a small town, making a living by doing jobs here and there
>tfw I will never own busted pick-up truck with which to haul my puppy Peanuts to a town with shotgun on board to get groceries and supplies
>tfw I will never find a crappy band made of some random drunks I found from a bar
>tfw I will never get to play authentic Southern SwampStoner BluesSludge'n'Roll

There were a few near Arkansas Post but they left when the American settlers started to arrive

I know there weren't that many but still

youtube.com/watch?v=_6_hXjOBAMI

you can do it senpai, it takes virtually no money to accomplish those goals, just lack of dedication and perhaps alcoholism

youtube.com/watch?v=G0l-ywr8DW8

Should I get this shirt, /dixie/?
Also what's the best /dixie/ brand of clothing?

you could always hop the border and become a gopnik, it's the next best thing

youtube.com/watch?v=kE_fB-j7lyU

youtube.com/watch?v=wEflPY7FBIc

People say I dress like I'm going to fight in the Yugoslav war haha. Just wear some regular shit like Wrangler or Levi.