What is the Operation Barbarossa of film and television?

What is the Operation Barbarossa of film and television?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u52sOb_hFuE
youtube.com/watch?v=I98P1AxQRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7Clz27nghIg
youtube.com/watch?v=UNDhswF1GKk
youtube.com/watch?v=1SdO-btKuds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vinyl considering they cut Boardwalk Empire short because of it

>Huge tactical success but thanks to hubris and shitty intel an ultimate strategic failure

Interstellar?

>tactical success
>couldn't take the main objective (Kremlin) but could see the light reflecting off its domes
More like tactical failure. Wehrmacht got cucked.

That's what you get for using horses as logistical support in 1940 you dumb Krauts.

In the opening weeks, they smashed the RKKA to pieces and took hundreds of thousands of prisoners. Those were tactical and operational succcessES (plural).

Tactics is lower level fighting
Operations is mid-level
Strategic is the grand plan.

>implying they had money for trucks
>implying trucks would do any better in the mud

American 2.5 ton trucks used by the Soviets performed marvelously

Learn the difference between tactical and strategic success senpai

Wehrmacht fucked the USSR sideways until August and October but the whole point was to take Moscow/Leningrad/Kiev so it was a strategic failure

Batman vs Superman

Star Wars
>started out promising
>turned into a blunder by the Hitler's (Lucas) mistakes
>German Army (Star Wars franchise) never recovered from it
i'm talking about the quality here btw

Ben hur remake, John carter, water world, etc

Big, expensive, complicated, but short sighted and doomed for failure

Nothing in Barbarossa was a tactical success. Even The short ranged objectives were not accomplished

>going to USSR with summer clothing

>you will never march through Red Square in review and see Stalin with your own eyes before continuing directly to the front line just outside the city.
>you will never bloody the nose of the Wehrmacht, and remind them that they are men.

youtube.com/watch?v=u52sOb_hFuE

Star Wars prequels

the biggest flop

>you will never have a 2 to 1 casualty ratio when assaulting their capital even though you have total air supremacy, tens as many tanks and artillery, and their forces are mainly teenagers, elderly, disabled, and poorly trained militias.

>you will never retreat 280km as you starve and freeze

wehraboo getting salty

Whats the Stalingrad of film and television?

I'm saying Apocalypse Now

>using horses as logistical support in 1940
so like 99% of the world?

Stalingrad

The Revenant

big fucking grand plan all fucked with by the snow.

>couldn't take the main objective (Kremlin)
The main reason it failed is specifically because the objectives were so vague

>you will never get sent into your sure death because zhukov hates russians

this

Hitler generals were using old WW1 tactics since they were WW 1 vets

> How about Stalingrad, gentlemen?
> Time to teach lvan a lesson.
> With these crew ?
> We'll take that city in three days
> in three days. Cheers!

> literally take half the nation and its objective
> only few hundred kilometers from Capital and heartbeat of a nation
> nothing of importance
lel

>Brits, Americans, and Russians had vehicles
Look who it is, the winners

What the fuck?
Hitler had some of the best generals in the war at his disposal.
Guderian = master of tank warfare.
Von Manstein = master of tactical defense.
Model = master of grand defense strategy.
Student = master of airborne assaults.
Rommel = master of independent operations and also of tank warfare.

Hitler had so many competent generals coming from Prussian aristocratic families with military traditions it's hard to list them all.

Don't forget hat Hitler himself was a great General, responsible for successful objective captures, outflanks, pincer's and battle victories

>During May 1945, Zhukov signed three resolutions regarding the maintenance of an adequate standard of living for the German people living in the Soviet occupation zone:

>Resolution 063 (11 May 1945): dealing with the provision of food for the people living in Berlin
>Resolution 064 (12 May 1945): allowed for the restoration and maintenance of the normal activities of the public service sector of Berlin
>Resolution 080 (31 May 1945): dealt with providing milk supplies for the children living in Berlin.
>Zhukov requested the Soviet Government to transport urgently to Berlin 96,000 tons of grain, 60,000 tons of potatoes, 50,000 cattle, and thousands of tons of other foodstuffs, such as sugar and animal fat. He issued strict orders that his subordinates were to "Hate the Nazism but respect the German people", and to make all possible efforts to restore and maintain a stable living standard for the German population.

No wonder this guy got flushed down the memory hole! He's a traitor!

>stable living standard for the German population.
More like Russian

Meanwhile, people in Russian lands were starving and had their livestock confiscated by the government to feed the "enemy".
The problem with Russia was communism, not the fact that they're Slavs.

> people in Russia
> ever starving
Meanwhile in Ukraine

>he fell for holodomeme

It's not our fault all the Prussians ran away and left us their land)))

They was starvation in Russia. Not in the same scale, but it happened.

Also poor Kazakhstan. They had a massive famine, but who has ever remembers the Kazakh victims of Stalin?

A Bridge Too Far

dont post again

I would advise watching the following,

youtube.com/watch?v=I98P1AxQRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7Clz27nghIg
youtube.com/watch?v=UNDhswF1GKk
youtube.com/watch?v=1SdO-btKuds

>Hitler himself was a great General
What the hell am I reading...?
I'd bet that no Wehrmacht general ever thought of Hitler as more than an autistic leader who would impede on the executions of their orders, tightening his grasp on the army ever so much as it started being ousted from Russia. Hitler had one single strategic foresight in his life, which was not to become entrenched in a war with France, and cheat-code by bypassing the Ardennes and pocketing them in the Ardennes, but firstly that was owed mainly to von Manstein who had crafted the strategy itself, although Hitler repeatedly denied him the glory for it, and secondly, that was an enormously gamble which might've never materialized itself in a victory had Rommel and Guderian not disobeyed orders.
And from then onwards he'd deluded himself into thinking he was genius and committed these fuck-ups for Germany:
>lmao wunderwaffen and Tigers xD
>erm, let's let these French and British escape, cause we wouldn't want to get flanked lol
>lemme promote Rommel just because I'm jelly of being surrounded by prussians, even though Rommel has proven he repeatedly forsakes orders
>muh K/D ratio so let's pull all my Group Center army to encircle Kiev and forget about Moscow ;DDDD
>umm, sure I can ressupply your army von Paulus, we'll even free you too
>erm, no, I want these tanks stationed in Calais WHICH IS WHERE THE ALLIES WILL LAND I promise!!!
>heheh, of course Kursk will work ;), trust me on this guys
>uh no don't escape from the Minsk pocket you noobs, WE HAVE to get butchered by the ruskies silly bois :p
Etc...

What is throwing your forces quickly against the germans, without fretting over strategies and plan, to storm Berlin before the Americans can it free it themselves?

>Operation Barbarossa

lol gg no re

stupid fucks forgot the antifreeze lmao nazis

>falling for the Rommel meme

I wonder, if Hitler was an actual genius who didn't fuck up once, could Germany actually win the war?

Too bad he was the leader of the german army and just did whatever the fuck he wanted

The Allies stopped at the Elbe deliberately. They gave Berlin to the Soviets.

boyhood.

Honestly, even more qualified would've struggled with the tactics the Stavka matured throughout the war, and the only conceivable victory for Germany would've been one in 1941 by capturing Moscow.
Every time the front weathered down into a more stable line, it was an opportunity for the USSR generals to expirement with maskirosvka tactics growing more and more effective.

Except that Stalin remained terrified that he'd be betrayed by the Allies, and even ordered his generals to lie to the Americans and promise them that they'd be strking further south in Vienna rather than breaching for Berlin.
Also the Red army had to capture them in haste as a growing amount of German soldiers were purposefully surrendering themselves to the Americans, and the Russians were terrified that they would later be used against them if America rebuffed Germany in a plan Unthinkable scenario.

more qualified commanders*