twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCK OFF

t. pleb who can't appreciate complex time signatures

i'm gonna eat your ass

what song?

pop?
try again

Moon

And it's very pretty and doesn't sound awkward at all, which is hard to achieve when you're writing in odd time!

>17/8
What is this meme? it's just 8/8 with an extra beat every other measure.

If it's so simple to write a song in 17/8, why don't you do it yourself and then show it to us? I'm genuinely interested.

Exactly

;p

you want actual mad genius, here: youtube.com/watch?v=tbLt0S0W5jE

that's just a poseur

zzzzz. wake me up when a pop artist writes music with techniques influenced by bach, like grimes did:

>In small-ensemble situations (typified by the jazz and classical chamber groups) sonic interest is principally achieved through variations in scale, chord progression, time signature, and tempo (aspects known as the horizontal axis elements of music in music theory circles - since they're rendered horizontally in standard music notation) rather than through variations in sonic texture and timbre.

>In contrast to this, large ensemble situations (typified by layered/sample based music - ala Grimes - and classical orchestra/organ music) the opposite is true. Sonic interest is primarily achieved through variations of sonic texture and timbre (aspects known as the vertical axis elements of music in music theory - since they rendered vertically standard music notation) brought about by combining individual samples/instruments together in constantly changing configurations, while leaving the horizontal axis elements relatively untouched.

>One of the best classical examples of this latter method is Bach's Passacaglia in C Minor (originally written for organ, but transcribed here beautifully imo for full orchestra.Notice how, despite its extended running time and constantly variating sound, the horizontal axis elements described earlier are very simply defined and NEVER change (the entire song's chord progression consists of the same 4 chords repeated ad nauseum.)

>This is the sort of context in which the complexity of Grimes' music (especially regarding her earlier stuff) is based; constant, conscious variations in sound quality rather than formal structure.

>Most Grimes songs are verse-chorus-verse (unlike classical). In fact, they're nearly always close to verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Sometimes with intros, outros, and pre-choruses, sometimes extended a bit in her longer songs, but still pretty much following the pop "macro structure" formula.

Any lewds?

oh god, are doing this again?

no vsnares is to classical what Squarepusher is to jazz.
youtube.com/watch?v=_fX4qoruQik
Before you call talentless hack, skip to 1:45

I've wanted to fuck this glorious angel since i was like 13.

But she doesn't write pop, you vapid cunt.

the op is doing it again too

We all have, user. She does write pop though, she's even said so herself. It's just very interesting pop music.

youtube.com/watch?v=t-dpiIzYQ5g
>Nick Lowe used 15/4 on a #7 hit in England
bork ain't that special, dumbass

pagan poetry vid

wow you guys really do just post the exact same thing everyday, how depressing and echo chamber-y

just post softcore images of her

Sort of

> sew a vagina onto your jacket

Mad mad genius

> wear a mask with a vagina on the forehead

Call the Nobel committee she's done it again!

plz. Enufff

brilliant stuff

so for like 2 years?