Why do lightsabers automatically turn off every time a Jedi dies?

Why do lightsabers automatically turn off every time a Jedi dies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENikSZMTsGg
youtube.com/watch?v=uDGAPZMn8bk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some jedi use the force to hold them open instead of using a butan

for safety reasons

the button needs to be held down for them to stay on
it's why lightsabers are never lying on the ground, turned on. someone has to be holding them or using the force to keep them on

Then how come the lightstaber throw exists?

they could be holding the button with the force

>or using the force to keep them on

Can you read dumbass?

Its one of those buttons you can hold down but if you push it in further it clicks in place and stays on.

kek

You have to hold the button down to keep it on.

When they throw it, they use the Force to keep the button down and also to maneuver it.

Also, Jinn wasn't dead at that point. He's just mortally wounded. He doesn't die until after the fight, after Kenobi cut Maul in half (but didn't kill him) and ran over and talked with Jinn for a bit.

some jedis carry force scotch tape and just tape the button dodwn

>You have to hold the button down to keep it on.

Are you guys kidding? You just need a button to turn them on? I thought their entire deal was only force users could use them.

actually makes sense.

human engineers are smarter than jedis

>Who is Han Solo?

I was going to say Han Solo used Lukes lightsaber in Empire but then I remembered his sons a sith lord so he must have some force inside him.

really now

Why the fuck did none of them attack the generators on the walls of the red hallway?

Now we are just making stuff up

Very literal there you autist, only force users can *operate* them *effectively*

Kylo got it from Leia

Or maybe his wife has

marvelous deductive skills there user

Jedis are so considerate that they use the force to turn the sabers off right before they die.

Sith do this too. Isn't that nice?

only jedis can wrap their minds around the awesome power needed to press a button

no one can kill a jedi

JEDI MAKE THEIR OWN LIGHTSABERS

IT IS TO THE PREFERENCE OF EACH JEDI, WHETHER THE SABER IS FORCE ACTIVATED, BUTTON ACTIVATED, OR EVEN BOTH

Why did the PT ruin fucking everything

I always assumed this was a fakeout. When Yoda says there is another he could have meant Han or Leia at the time and when the movie came out a lot of people thought it was Han because he could use a light saber.

To me having to press a button on the hilt of your sword for an entire fight is stupid.

>Literally a button on every lightsaber ever

>'HURRR DURR GUYZ HOW DO IZ TURNS ON DA LIGHTSABER'

No wonder you guys are shitposting autists

Look, you literally need The Force to construct them. I'm overlooking the fact that children can make them, and also that there are wooden ones because this series is technically canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENikSZMTsGg

Kinda like George Lucas.

Asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=uDGAPZMn8bk

Again, where is the button then? Why would the Jedi build a weapon that literally anybody can turn on?

Vader considered lukes sword innovative cuz it had a switch

the button is hidden like mac power buttons

Nah, anyone can turn on and swing a lightsaber around.

The thing about lightsabers is, if you're a Jedi, you can deflect blasts with them. Hell, you can even reflect them right back at the guy shooting at you and hit them with their own blasts. A non-Jedi can't do this. A non-Jedi also can't run super fast or do the Jedi leap or close the distance. Therefore, a non-Jedi with a lightsaber is at a distinct disadvantage against a guy with a blaster, whereas a Jedi has a huge advantage when they use a lightsaber against a guy with a blaster.

That and lightsabers are really rare (and so are Jedi) and not that easy to master. Ultimately, although a non-Jedi can use a lightsaber (such as Han in Empire), there's really no incentive for them to do so. They're way better off with a blaster, or a cheap stick that won't kill them if they accidentally touch the blade, and doesn't cost a ton.

>Kylo Ren
>Prequel Trilogy
>???

Why didn't Darth Maul mutilate Qui Gong? Like, rip his guts out, decapitate him, sear his eyes out etc? The psychological horror of seeing his master get used like a playtoy would have caused Obi Wan to ever be to stressed to fight well, or become furious and go over to the Dark Side.

>Why would the Jedi build a weapon that literally anybody can turn on?
Were they specifically trying to make something exclusive to their special club? Other people realized that ranged weaponry is superior, because only force sensitives have the reaction times capable of blocking blaster shots with a laser sword.

>>Were they specifically trying to make something exclusive to their special club

I assumed they were the jedi did everything with only jedi in mind. Why would they build lightsabers for anybody else except jedi?

star wars is a kids movie

>Why would they build lightsabers for anybody else except jedi?
They made them so humanoids could use them. Anyone that's not force sensitive wouldn't be able to use a lightsaber very well. You're letting your headcanon and autism infect the movies. stop.

I don't get the joke.

Anakin gets his limbs chopped off in Episode III, 15 minutes after murdering kids. Not an argument.

well if a a saber is throw it is being controlled or cased in the force? thus resulting in the button being held.

I'm not making up excuses just trying to make some sense out of it.

If they are holding the button with the force why is a button needed at all?

sleeping with the lightsaber on? not smart.

it literally is an argument: ratings allow for removal of limbs, stabbing, etc. ratings do not allow for mutilation of the kind that was specified.

So wait, the only reason Finn could use it too was because he just pressed a button?

what happens if you drop a lightsaber blade-down? does it fall forever?

That makes no sense, some sabers have emitter switches nowhere near the grips. Dooku, for instance.

JEDI MAKE THEIR OWN LIGHTSABERS

IT IS TO THE PREFERENCE OF EACH JEDI, WHETHER THE SABER IS FORCE ACTIVATED, BUTTON ACTIVATED, OR EVEN BOTH

yeah.

just like Luke.

pics?
(Dooku's lightsaber could be different. We never see him drop it other than when Anakin takes it and it doesn't turn off)

The force keeps it on then?

I suppose so but it just feels so stupid of an explanation. But that also explains why the Jedi can do all of those one handed flips with the sabers without deactivating them

Seems pretty logical to me.

Welcome to star wars lore

>trying to make sense of the shit I pulled out my ass

The very first time a lightsaber is ever turned on in Star Wars it's done by a kid who doesn't even know the force exists yet

Luke could use it because he had strong Force even if he didn't know it.

To prevent premature lightsaberifiation

Yeah but what about the droid attack on the wookies?

Luke's saber was button activated

seeThat's the same saber in TFA, which is why Finn could turn it on.

Was Grievous a jedi? Why could he use them

Adi, you always getting ahead of time, that comes in the last second 3rd of the movie

I thought Luke's (well, Anakin's) was press activated, like you need to constatly grab the hilt to keep it one, or was that in the old canon? I say it because some lightsabers have a red button while others have a big rectangular piece

greivous wasn't a jedi because he lacked the organic tissue required to manipulate the force for your own ends.

he could use lightsabers because he had a baddass droid body. notice his technique is shit, and obiwan defeats him despite being the master of an overwhelmingly defensive style.

The fuck? He isn't even holding down one of the buttons.
Also I just noticed they reused Jedi lightsabers that already existed in the movie for Grevious' hilts
>literally Obi-Wan's saber
>Anakin's saber with a green blade
>fucking Plo Koon's saber

sometimes a button is actually a switch. press on, then press again for off.

I thought he had organic tissue he was just never a force user before he got all vadered up.

>via the wiki
"With General Grievous, I wanted somebody who was reminiscent of what Anakin is going to become, which is a half man, half robot. In this case, Grievous is sort of 20% alien and 80% robot."
―George Lucas on the creation of Grievous

getting this angry over something fictional.

>fiction
It happened in a far away galaxy a long time ago user.

yeah 6 of one half a dozen of the other. i guess maybe if he had learned some force stuff beforehand he might be a lil bit proficient.

I would have mine randomly turn on for comedy purposes.
It would also mess with my robot cat, because those exist in that world,and they must be messed with.
Do you think robot cat are as funny as real cats, sounds tough to program...

Holy edge.

oh.

Why do you need to hold the button to keep it on? Why can't you only press it once and it stays on? That sounds pretty inefficient, I can imagine their fingers getting tired after fighting for too long

To stop it wasting power? So that lightsabers don't cut shit if you accidentally drop them?

Fingers can't get tired if your hand gets cut off like in most light saber fights.

If you drop a lightsaber blade first onto the ground, would it keep going until it reaches the planet's core and blows it up

can't be. Obi-Wan gives Luke a saber for training, long before his Force powers come into effect.

Nothing in the schematics imply there's any kind of safety switch/release either.

It's just a movie convenience.

No, keep up, it doesn't need the force to turn on
It has a button that needs to be held

Dooku's lightsaber has a button in a place such that he uses the force to keep it pressed

Where in any of the films is that described or explained? Oh right it isn't and you're autism fills in the blanks of plot holes in shitty kid films.

>Dooku's lightsaber has a button in a place such that he uses the force to keep it pressed
1) Throw a ysalamir at Dooku
2) Can no longer use his lightsaber
3) Kill him

>Why do you need to hold the button to keep it on? Why can't you only press it once and it stays on?

because if it was a switch like that then the other guy would just use the force to turn yours off

Guys, it's like chakra blades from Naruto. When you lose a significant amount of midiclorians from being hurt your force chakra depletes and you can't keep the lightning blade up.

it's not really a plot hole if it can be easily explained
would you really rather a shitty expositional scene where they talk in-depth about how lightsabers work? Of course you would, apparently you can't think for yourself and need everything fed to you

The pressure sensors shut if off automatically when they don't detect a grip.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but lightsaber throw only exists in the expanded universe, which isn't canon.

lol they only do that in the fucking video games

general greivious was meant to have really good technique, they just couldn't make a cg robot like block realistically against a real human so they just made him spin them.

Vader throws his saber in rotj

samefag

it just looks shitty because of how old it is. they defintely got the idea from there I wanna say

I distinctly remember Yoda throwing his lightsaber into the chest of a Clone trooper when he returns to the Jedi Temple.

It could be a safety release, pressing the button turns it, then a seperate pressure switch in the grips keeps it on. Once that is released it turns off.
They don't all have to be designed uniformly either.
Different styles suited to the users taste.

vader in rotj
yoda in rots

kek

because each one has the toe feather of a phoenix in it, and when a jedi receives a saber he must spirit bond with his tendrils to it,