So was this any good...

So was this any good? I lost interest after all the autistic Dune mythology stuff in Chronicles but for some reason I can't shake the urge to watch this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XIQKER2OLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's literally
>Chronicles the first 10 minutes
>Pitch Black remake the last hour and change with more Starbuck tit scenes

It was fun.

They could make potentially infinitely entertaining Riddick movies with the following constants:

>a desolate planet
>an abandoned or unused building
>a group of random ass people from all walks of life
>some monsters
>Richard B. Riddick himself

You can't go wrong.

The first 15 minutes is backpedalling all the faggotry from Chronicles and putting the character in a situation that's actually fun. Then it's like an hour of Riddick surviving a harsh alien planet, and the last twenty minutes is a painfully rushed Pitch Black retread.

It's pretty bad and doesn't add much to the series, you'd be better off just rewatching pitch black

It's like 3 movies in one. First act is Riddick trying to survive in a harsh alien environment with an alien Hyena that he raises. 2nd act is a slasher movie with Riddick picking off a group of bounty hunters who came looking for him. And then the 3rd act is a shitty Pitch Black retread.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. You should watch it. Skip the directors cut though if you hate Chronicles faggotry.

I watched Chronicles yesterday, is it the closest we will ever get to a WH40k movie?

event horizon you retard

The concept of the warp would make it only tangentially related. Chronicles has far more in common.

i liked it, but like everyone else said, it was pitch black2, which isn't a bad thing.

the middle is the best, once the other bounty hunters show up, it gets great, and the last part sucked
not because it was a rushed pitch black ending, but because of how they handle the "betrayal" of literally the nicest person in the movie (up until that point), just to give a dramatic/actiony ending

who has seen the Directors cut? why did they include that awful cgi shot of the necromonger fleet?? other than that its fine
Anyway film is good, at its best when focussing mostly on Riddick, though katee sackhoff is great to watch too

It's a serviceable Pitch Black sequel. You should be warned it looks like the cheapest of cheap shit though.
Lots of ugly yellow tinted green screen shots.

There's also weird sexual subtext in a lot of scenes (Riddick not wanting to fuck a harem of hot chicks, Riddick hitting on a lesbian, etc).

>Riddick hitting on a lesbian
starbuck wanted the rid-DICK so hard, she was just lesbian while in tombs party

also in some of the deleted scenes, it shows hes bored of fucking them, because he has literal dozens of concubines, and none of them are fun to him anymore

i took Dahls character more as bisexual and just was telling that creepy guy to fuck off earlier in the film

>acting outlaws
>more like rubbing my dick raws

In the original script she admits that she isn't a lesbian. She just says that so guys won't hit on her. I guess it was supposed to mirror Jack's revelation in the first movie. Not sure why it was cut if it was even filmed at all.

yeh thats what i thought, i did get that in the final film but can totally see why some people would be like wtf at riddick turning a lesbian

when are we gonna get the fourth film? we have had last witch hunter and a xxx sequel before this, come on already!

>Chronicle of Riddick is bad

Wow such shit tier taste
Chronicle was the best of the series by far

So did we ever get an answer as to why Johns' Dad is the same age as his son?

I loved that one scene in chronicles where the fem merc chick was checking him out and smelling him when she thought he was sleeping, desu

not bad, just different, fun for what it is but much prefer a tighter focus and story

In the original script it was going to be Cole Hauser's brother, not father that shows up. I'm assuming the actor was cast with the former in mind but then Twohy changed his mind for some reason and didn't care that the ages didn't add up.

where did you guys find the original script or just going by articles you have seen?

i wish that calander wasnt $60
i also wish the older pic sets were released

It got leaked like a year before the movie came out. It was originally called The Chronicles of Riddick:Dead Man Stalking, which is a way cooler title than what they went with.

the pics are out there just gotta look, also there is the bts vids youtube.com/watch?v=7XIQKER2OLU

Not really digging her this glammed up. The more dykey the better.

thats true, its just annoying the further back you try to go, the harder it gets.

I knew it was going to happen but I still hated that space dog died :(