I've come to see Tarantino's movies in a new light since I've started watching anime (not that I recommend it)...

I've come to see Tarantino's movies in a new light since I've started watching anime (not that I recommend it). They might seem to be unconventional to the typical American movie goer, but they are actually very unoriginal and predictable from an anime watcher's point of view. They are basically anime turned into Hollywood.

He's a meatloaf director in the vein of early Godard.

I've come to see Anime in a new light since I've started watching Hollywood movies (I recommend it). Anime might seem to be creative to the typical weeaboo, but they are actually very unoriginal and predictable from a Hollywood movie watcher's point of view. Anime are basically Hollywood turned into Japanese cartoons.

You are doubly missing the point.

No he's not, he understood what you meant and disagreed with it, exactly like I do. Live action movies that are anime is stuff like Crows zero.

No, "he" didn't. It doesn't even make sense to turn it around referring to Hollywood movies in general when I only referred to Tarantino movies. It was also not a comparison of anime and Hollywood porductions.

predictable how? could you give examples?

It made sense, because it was just as silly as what you were trying to assert, an equally retarded opinion, so that way you may understand how your opinion is retarded.

What you're postulating is an illogical fallacy, you can't negate and inverse a syllogism and then say it was an attempt at banter and a serious nonsensical critique. Go back to peddit you low IQ plebian

Yes, if just acting retarded is your way of trying to make an argument there might be nothing that doesn't make sense to you. That's not how it works for reasonable people though.

>Pulp Fiction
>Jackie Brown
>Reservoir Dogs
rest of his movies are SHIT

well if the initial assertion is retarded, and not worth debating, you can't be upset that the arguments against it are also retarded, do you understand?

>say dumb things
>don't get taken seriously.

not a lot going on in this thread.

DUDE I ALWAYS FEATURE BLACK MEN HURTING WHITE MEN IN SOME KIND OF WAY BECAUSE MY MOM WAS A COALBURNER LMAO

Trying way too hard; I'm recoiling in vicarious embarrassment.

You think the content of my post is retarded (which it isn't), what you followed up with is logically wrong, not regarding the content. I don't know if you don't understand this or if you're trying to weasel yourself out of intellectual responsibility for what you say, but either way what you're doing is wrong.

Says the slow retard thats trying to relegate over a point he failed to comprehend

No what you're doing is wrong, posting things you literally don't believe to try to trick someone into having a 'serious debate'

Anime and Tarantino films are not similar, you dodged this question, and have failed to give any examples on how it's predictable.

You made a claim, and then didn't have any examples on why you believe this, it's just... shit posting, and you'll get met with shit posting. every time.

I thought The Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds were his most enjoyable. Though I did go see Hateful Eight in 70mm. And desu it was the greatest experience I ever had at the cinema.

please explain to me how any of his movies besides Kill Bill are "like anime"

Jackie Brown is based off an Elmore Leonard novel, and Django is a spaghetti western ffs

So now you're pushing the responsibility for something you said that's wrong on someone else by trying to change the subject. Seeing how hard it is for you to admit that something you said didn't make any sense only demonstrates intellectual insecurity. I posted an opinion of mine, you started riding around on this mistake of yours, nobody is trying to "trick" you into anything. If you suddenly think you care about my opinion again, something that started to seem predictable to me with anime experience was how the child was alive in Kill Bill, or in regard to which story elements there would be "twists" in Hateful 8.

>something that started to seem predictable to me with anime experience was how the child was alive in Kill Bill, or in regard to which story elements there would be "twists" in Hateful 8.
I've seen many autisms in my day but this one is extra special

I defended the person who didn't take your post seriously, he hasn't posted again, I know you were trying to imply that I've been defending my own position by pretending I'm someone else.

I don't care about your opinion, It's half baked and nonsensical, how are those two examples you gave 'anime'? just fucking stop dude your opinion sucks.

>And desu it was the greatest experience I ever had at the cinema.

I guess we all can't have such low standards.

It had the traditional olden-days roadshow extras like the 'prelude' and an intermission. was very comfy

Yes, after all has failed you're pretending to be unsatisfied with my examples. Is it able for you now to go to sleep tonight with your dignity intact?
Yes good job on realizing why I used the quotes, it was supposed to be obvious. You care more about proving with a screenshot that you're not a certain other anonymous poster to someone about whose opinion you don't care than about that person's opinion? There's something wrong with your priorities. Also those examples aren't "anime" themselves, I said in the OP that watching anime made plot elements like the ones I mentioned predictable.

The Hateful Eight was essentially The Thing set in the 1800's without the alien. Loved that shit.

>They are basically anime turned into Hollywood.

That would be Black Swan and Inception, and that's just based on the little anime I watched.

How are those anime plot elements?

it was obvious, and you kept trying to make that implication, so I told you to stfu with a screenshot. and to be fair with your level of faggotry, it could've been a dig at me assuming someone's gender.

But Kill Bill 1 is literally weaboo turned to movie, it features anime and is entertaining enough, you just know she's going to win just like you know chuck norris or steven seagal is going to win (even though Tarantino often kills the mc the movie builds after her near death anyway)

here's another screenshot to let you know that you're retarded again. Everyone who disagrees with you on Sup Forums is not one poster.

What did I just say?
>Also those examples aren't "anime" themselves, I said in the OP that watching anime made plot elements like the ones I mentioned predictable.
You have to learn to differentiate or you will never really understand anything. Something that would be anime-like itself would be the character of Pai Mei.

70's exploitation is his major source of material which alot of anime also plumbed for inspiration. Check out Battles without honor or humanity or the classic Ultraman.
QT just repackages stuff like The Mac and Dolemite knowing the average pleb never saw such wonders.

I know, my arguments don't really revolve around that besides that one "he" I put into quotes.

>watching anime made plot elements like the ones I mentioned predictable.
as it would have reading books, watching movies or watching plays
what's your point exactly?

>Something that would be anime-like itself would be the character of Pai Mei.
No, that would be wuxia-like

they are barely unconventional at all wtf are you talking about. have you ever watched, ya know...ANY other movies?

came here to post this

OP, watch more movies, read more books
You'll discover even more
one day you might even get to the source of it all

No, it wouldn't have, at least for me and Tarantino movies, since they are unconventional and unique in their presentation. That's the obvious point I made in the OP.

>I've come to see Tarantino's movies in a new light since I've started watching other movies (I recommend it). They might seem to be unconventional to the typical vidya lover, but they are actually very unoriginal and predictable from a movie watcher's point of view. They are basically stories turned into movies.

The ass hurt this guy causes Sup Forums is fascinating. Especially more bizarre that there seems to be that reservoir dogs is spoken of as being his best, yet it is a very amateur Tarantino film.

It's bizarre.

Yes, movies have stories, good job on realizing that. Anime storytelling is different from storytelling in western movies however, and what is unconventional in Tarantino movies from the viewpoint of someone who is used to western movies is unoriginal to someone who knows anime.

>since they are unconventional and unique in their presentation
There's literally nothing unconventional about Tarantino's movies. He just makes pastiches of other movies.

I'm not praising his abilities but I do think his movies are unique among other Hollywood movies.

and yet you failed to post any examples.

this is a good bait thread, really.

>what is unconventional in Tarantino movies from the viewpoint of someone who is used to western movies
nothing?

I can think of only one unconventional thing when I think about Tarantino: the jumbled chronology he did in his earlier works.

I don't recall this being an anime trope.

So, OP, please elaborate.

well, you are wrong. he just copies cool stuff from other movies. that's his whole thing

Are you saying you don't distinguish his movies, however "good" they are, among other Hollywood movies like Man of Steel or Jurassic World?

UNO

>Something that would be anime-like itself would be the character of Pai Mei.

I guess? Tropes exist, and THAT trope has existed before anime. Your criteria for what makes things 'anime-like' is obviously *very* loose, and therefore not even really an argument, has both anime and Tarantino some similar themes and tropes? Sure! However his work also references things from a lot of other film and books, and known tropes in general.So it's really quite far away from the statement
>They are basically anime turned into Hollywood.

How retarded could you be? no one gives a shit that you watched two animes recently for the first time and found similarities to the plebian films that you also enjoy, your scale of reference is so small that it comes off as a really childish comparison.

He doesn't copy from other current Hollywood movies.

I distinguish them beacuse he uses the same actors, same dialogue style and mixes (steals) stuff from older movies. He also likes the whole vengeance thing and has good taste in soundtrack music. Not a single one of these characteristics is in any way related to anime.

what the fuck did he mean by this

But I didn't say that?
He steals from older movies. For example, Reservoir Dogs is basically a remake of City on Fire with western actors.

>How retarded could you be? no one gives a shit that you watched two animes recently for the first time and found similarities to the plebian films that you also enjoy, your scale of reference is so small that it comes off as a really childish comparison.
this desu

also, anyone who types out something like
>Yes good job on realizing why I used the quotes, it was supposed to be obvious. You care more about proving with a screenshot that you're not a certain other anonymous poster to someone about whose opinion you don't care than about that person's opinion? There's something wrong with your priorities. Also those examples aren't "anime" themselves, I said in the OP that watching anime made plot elements like the ones I mentioned predictable.

is either 12 years old either must kys immediately

You don't need to give a shit that I watched anime, I posted an opinion and you cared enough to respond to it. Whenever a certain trope came into existence is irrelevant, anime also isn't a completely original medium.
You distinguish them from other western movies from the point of view of a western movie watcher.

hiro a fag for removing sage
guess I'll have to man up and just NOT REPLY

>unconventional and unique
>but I do think his movies are unique among other Hollywood movies.

how? and then go ahead and tell me how that unconventional uniqueness is something that is "anime turned into hollywood"

How?
o
w?

>You distinguish them from other western movies from the point of view of a western movie watcher.
yes, but for characteristics in no way, shape or form related to anime
you're fucking dense m8

Nice thread tards

How is that this irrelevant? It makes it not an anime trope. Meaning that it doesn't make pai mei in kill bill an anime trope (your literal only example in the thread that you used to support your initial claim.)

newfags take notes
this is how you bait

like a good joke, you superimposition must be completely absurd; don't ever post any examples of your claims either, because then it would be easy to argue with.

10/10

>Hateful Eight
>Django
>IG
>Pulp Fiction
I cannot think of a single anime with even a remote similarity

Kill Bill no shit, he literally had an animation directly in the movie, it was clear he was drawing a bit from anime for those.

Yes, because what you mentioned is not what's characteristic for the difference between western and anime storytelling. What distinguishes them from other movies for you is something that someone who only knows western movies could notice.
No, an anime trope is something that's more characteristic for anime than for other media, like cliched interactions, characters that are caricatures, and fiction that's unrealistic to surreal.

>like cliched interactions,
you're saying an anime trope, is when they interact with anime tropes?

>characters that are caricatures
>IASIP is basically anime turned into a sitcom
>trailer park boys is basically anime turned into a sitcom
(if you need more examples, I can do this one all day.)

>fiction that's unrealistic to surreal
Most movies

Nice.

1. No highschool settings
2. No moe or kawaii girl

His films are nothing like anime

>pic related is like anime

No, interactions between the characters of a story. Did you honestly not understand this? I don't know your examples and you may be right about the similarities, but they probably lack the unifying characteristic of being written by one guy, like Tarantino's movies. No trope is ever unique to one medium, let alone one production. A sum of them can however be distinct for a medium.

>no trope is ever unique to one medium
There are hundreds.

>probably

Yep I'm done replying now. I'm convinced that you don't believe your assertion, that you know it's incorrect, and want some sweet (You)s.
The alternative is that you consume very little media and are making your first arbitrary connections.

If it's the latter then I'm excited for you, watch some more anime, and movies you'll see all sorts of connections. You have an untapped world of media waiting to explore and enjoy.

Anime is nothing like hollywood, thats the point

>inglorious bastards
>not his best

I said "probably" because I don't know your examples. Reasonable people are careful with judgments regarding subjects they are not familiar with, in this case your examples. Your mentioning single examples like that when I'm talking about the productions of one certain director however is completely pointless. You have decided well to not reply to me anymore seeing as you still haven't even understood the OP.

so what if he does, many directors steal ideas from older movies all the time and Taratino copies ideas and makes it flow well within his movies.