Let's say you're standing outside of a theater right when Rogue One is finished playing...

Let's say you're standing outside of a theater right when Rogue One is finished playing. What percentage of viewers would be able to tell you their names directly after seeing the movie?

That's two people?

Cool chink with staff
Cool chink with gun

Chirrut and Baze, not that fucking hard

I don't even remember the name of Ira Belle

The actors don't even know how to pronounce them

Okay, let me try to name as many characters as I can from the movie without looking anything up. (I saw it by the way)

Jyn Erso
Galan Erso
Mrs. Erso
Saw Gerrerra
Director ???????
KSO1??????
Darth Vader
Tarkin
Leia
Bodi Rook?
Cassian ???????

Remember when there were characters with normal names like Luke and Owen? Or at least ones that were easy to remember.

Okay, let me try to name as many characters as I can from the movie without looking anything up. (I saw it by the way)

Ira Belle
Big Guy
CIA
Juan Ovus
Kirby
Ching Chong
Wong
Naruto
Jackie Chan
Darth Vader

hmmm

jyn erso
galen erso
lyra erso
cassian andor
orson krennic
willhuff takin
death vader
k-2so
base malbus
chirrut imwe
bohdi rook
saw gerrera
mon mothma
bail organa
princess leia
r2-d2
c-3po
dr evanzan
admiral raddus

You looked it up. Not even dedicated Star Wars fans know that.

nah dude that was all off the top of me head

granted i have seen the movie 6 times

The only name (Apart from Vader, Tarkin, Mon and Leia) I could remember was Jyn.

Classic example of bad writing that really stood out for me was this line when they stick a bag on his head

>Are you kidding me? I'm blind!

Now if he had just said "are you kidding me?" it would have been a perfectly acceptable line. But no, we must assume the audience is absolutely retarded and do what everyone knows kills a joke and immediately explain it.

>granted i have seen the movie 6 times
Literally why?

But...why?

i've gone with different friends each time when they asked when if i wanted to go with them, cos i like star wars and i liked the movie so why not? went with my dad once too.

If they didn't make the names so different from normal names it wouldn't be an issue
>Han
>Chewie
>Luke
>Princess Leia
>Ben
>Lord Vader
Are very easy to remember

Who the fuck is going to remember
>Chirrut
>Cassian
>Krennic
>Saw (thought his name was "Sol")
etc

You're on the spectrum my friend

Yea the spectrum for having money, unlike poor torrentfag like you

HA at least 6 different friends. Sure buddy...

Blind guy and the big guy

I watched a little over half of that movie then deleted it. It just meh.

eh, maybe. no big deal.

5 different friends and my dad yeah. idk what's so weird.

also i don't know why it's so hard for people to remember names so long as they pay attention to the movie.

I had trouble knowing the name of that Imperial pilot, and squid thingy.
After I saw movie for the second time I knew that squid thingy is Bor Galet or something.

I'm glad someone made this thread. Nobody fucking stated their name in a way that anyone could understand, and even if they did the names are so retarded that you still can't understand.

Why isn't your dad your friend?

His dad fucked his mom. Hard to get past that.

Jealousy always ruins the best friendships

he is my dad.

Why does it matter? The protagonists of Fight Club and Kill bill don't even have names, and people love them.

So why didn't you just use the time to take a nap? It's not like you could talk with them during the movie. And up until the climax, it was making me so sleepy the only way I could stay up was to keep myself in constant pain. No movie has ever done that to me before.

But how would the people capturing him know he's blind? Why would he assume they know that? You're writing to a story as much as an audience.

Are you fucking stupid?

Yeah but the stormtroopers didn't know that

Don't really remember their names but fuck it irritates me to no end that they never explained why the gilfs crystal was so important that these two joined.

i'm sorry you had a bad experience with the movie.

The squid had a name? Also, I had a little less trouble remembering the pilot's name because it was Rook, and that's a real word. Also, I couldn't stop thinking about how funny it was that they had a Muslim pilot whose ship blew up.

Looks like political compass

Aim Juan and Daforz
easy peasy

Because his eyes are obvious not working? Literally in the immediately preceding scene the stormtroopers go "what is this blind guy doing?" before he attacks them.

Wrong on so many fucking different levels.

Everybody I know has been just calling them some variation on "the cool chinese dudes"

this tbqh

ip man
the robot guy
that guy from four lions
the woman
darth vader

thats all i got.

Churro and Maze

>death vader

nah you're a spacker

nigga everyone knows donnie yen from his weirdly large library on netflix.

I can only remember;

Jyn Ursa
Galen Ursa
Director Krenic
Captain...Alder something
T 1 3....something
Saul Guerrera

That's not bad really.

Captain Cassian?

That's what they called him.

And I forgot Bodhi.

Yeah. I literally stopped mid laugh when he said "...I'm blind".

The writing was so flat in this. They needed a dialogue writer to come in and punch it up.

That's Jackie Jedi and Machete Kills.

I remember jyn / jen
Then spic
And repo man and ip man
Also K2PO

92%

That's more than I can name from OT

Only autistics and plebeians care what characters names are.