DB vs DBZ is the ultimate pleb filter

DB vs DBZ is the ultimate pleb filter.
Dragon Ball is just the far superior show and is not just the same formula of fight, get beat up/die, train more/ learn a new move, and win.
Dragon Ball is ultimate kino with the combination of humor adventure and martial arts based action instead of muh energy and muh ssj12.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAx7flxQWDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dragon Ball is better because it actually feels like a martial arts manga while DBZ feels like it's just capeshit.

Leave Dragon Ball Kino to me.

It's no contest, OP.

Dragon Ball was incredible. One of the most enjoyable things I've ever watched, along with Hokuto No Ken.

Dragon Ball Z on the other hand is pure horse shit. It has the pacing of molasses and was so shit I wanted to kill myself. I will never watch another Dragon Ball related show as long as I live because of it.

DB is better because it's an actual fucking adventure.

Anime is pleb-tier.
Patricians only view mango.

At least up to Freeza saga Dragon ball Z still managed to be interesting thanks to the whole "Origins of Goku thing", but after Freeza's death it jumps the shark completely with the time travel bullshit, stupid ass androids etc

>Lets his wife be hit on and she gets to decide wether or not she wants to cuck Gohan or not right infront of him

Both are one and the same stultifying, degenerate garbage.

Off yourself to your containment board you mindless child.

>DBZ didn't have enough child nudity and underage groping

I would argue that DBZ upto the death of Freiza was great.

>normal people
DBZ
>contrarians
DB
>patricians
Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter

I tried looking for another series like Dragonball. Some kind of comedy based heavily on eastern mythology with a lot of martial arts stuff in there. Never found it.

DB and Yu Yu are my all time favorites. HxH will never hold a place in my heart because it will never finish and the anime ends like shit.

>show

All Dragon Ball shows are filler garbage. Just read the manga until Goku wins the worldwide tournament versus Piccolo. Toryama was a sell out after that with the Goku was actually an alien bullshits.

based nips

>Spend the second half of DBZ bigging him up as the biggest hitter in the squad, give him a cool fight against Buu, fans get hyped then instantly put him back to TOP JOBBER status during the fight with one of the biggest GOTCHA'S in Manga/Anime

>Keep him as ULTIMATE JOBBER through DB SUPER.

WEW LADDO

TOP KEK defintely has Gohan's picture beside it in the dictonary.

>inb4 buh buh buh my multiverse arc, niggaz they are bringing back Android 17 that is how hard up they are for decent fighters, Gohan is fucked.

Agreed, but One Piece is better than Dragon Ball.

savage but true

This thread will be deleted in 5 minutes.

I dont understand this meme

90% of the jokes in the "early, funny" dragonball are plagiarized lolpanties shit. It also follows the same structure from about a third of the way in

Piccolo junior to the end of freeza is the peak of Toryimas writing.

>Normal People
Anything other than anime.

>Contrarians

>Patricians

FTFY, pal.

honestly, powerlevel battle shows are the worst. How do they get so popular?

Also, what happened to the humor in the show? DB had legitimately funny moments, whereas DBZ had, at best, le wacky goofy awkward XD type shit going on.

Is super worth watching? I've heard mixed reviews from friends that are dragonball fans.

DBZ caters to angry kids and high schoolers who feel pumped up with the constant POWER CHAAARGING!!!

I wouldn't do it.

I want DB blurays

Having actually reread DB recently, I came to realize Toriyama was always a hack and couldn't tell a story for the life of him
I like his designs and artwork and the world of DB is fun and all, but gags is what he knows and he should have stuck with it
Or not I guess, since DBZ turned into a megahit and all

Super is terrible.

Derek Padula and Falun Gong ruined Dragon Ball forever to me.

If Z ended with Frieza it would almost be as good as DB. Anything after is garbage.

>At least up to Freeza saga Dragon ball Z still managed to be interesting thanks to the whole "Origins of Goku thing", but after Freeza's death it jumps the shark completely with the time travel bullshit, stupid ass androids etc

That's nostalgia famalam. Even kai couldn't fully remove all the unnecessary power ups and filler shit

>HxH will never hold a place in my heart because it will never finish and the anime ends like shit.

But the ending is perfect

Dragon Ball Super has made me appreciate DBZ a lot more.

In DBZ characters had a lot more depth and clear motivations whereas Super has just thrown all character development out the window and has just the shells of characters repeat the same lines over and over. I like that the show tries to be more light hearted but that shouldn't mean that every episode needs to be wacky LOL WE LIKE TO EAT FOOD XD

I don't want to see Frieza ever again.

So much shit left out and unanswered.

>every episode is literally Roshi smothering his face in some girl's tits

I couldn't finish the Pilaf arc desu.

Kai is shit because they lost half the voice actors and now everyone is replaced with Sabat.

>In this version, the word 'Wookie' has been changed to 'hair-challenged animal' and the entire cast has been digitally replaced with ewoks.

I couldn't watch Kai because too many of the VAs were replaced with terrible substitutes for me. I didn't need them to sound the same but the replacement should have at least been of similar quality or preferably better.

what about db gt?

The script is way better and that matters more than "muh nostalgia"

Both are shit.
Reported for bad taste in anime.

what happened to goku's cloud?

Not really. I still enjoy everything about DBZ. Kai loses half the voice actors and drops the Faulconer ost.

just a few more minutes now

Very oldfag here, Dragon Ball never fails to put a smile on my face, and it is always very enjoyable to watch, I don't think that there is another series that makes feel the same way.

I can't say if it's appeared in super but I'd imagine it just gets handed down to each son or it's just kicking it with roshi?

good, i don't want it to be kill ;_;

This, I liked HxH but was incredibly let down with the end of the show. The ending felt more like a starting point of "okay now the real journey finally begins" but then you see how it took near 20 years of material to complete the series and just feel like you're never gonna get much more out of the series or have loose-ends tied up

Gohan was always a dork first and fighter second. He was never the ultimate badass that fans hyped him up to be.

>potentially stronger than Goku
>able to stop crime big time
>never uses his talent for the greater good
>works as a fucking ASSISTANT of some strict professor instead
>doesnt even think about fucking a hot idol lusting for his dick for half a second

That is the difference between an actual cuck and someone with confidence in himself

>Is super worth watching? I've heard mixed reviews from friends that are dragonball fans.
If anything it makes you appreciate DB and DBZ even more, it's just so lame on the technical level, the character design is bad, the colouring is bright and flat, the background animation is just generic and terrible and the music has no soul and no charisma, to make things worse the stories are just dumb and most of the fights suck.
In its defense, the animation has been slowly improving but sometimes it reverts to crap.

Both are super boring and bad
HXH is a sort of similar show but 10000 times better in every regard

But the first one was actually kill. The second one was given from Karim and Gohan had it for a while.

>I don't want to see Frieza ever again.
You just wait till Kuriza comes to avenge his dad.

>He doesn't read the manga instead
And you call other people plebs

fuck I didn't know that

Literally everyone knows DBZ was slow as shit and stupid. Its still entertaining when you're 5 and this is what they show after kindergarden gets out.

Dragon Ball was just never as popular in Ameriland as DBZ

imo Toriyama can do no wrong
I haven't gotten too much into super after the botg/F movies

Sure, but in the end Toriyama doesn't give a fuck and he does what he wants.
Beerus is the future, grandpa.

One Piece is the best shonen anime. Nothing will ever be as epic as this scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAx7flxQWDw

>reading

NERD!

supergay

Not a weeb but the Dragon ball manga was a delight to read.