Paul F. Tompkins

How do you feel about this former cokehead?

One of my favorite comedians. I haven't listened to him since the election, though. I'm too afraid.

complete and udder cuck

Cokehead? I've never heard that before. Source?

insufferable fuckhead

Don't worry. He hasn't gone full "I'm With Her" like Patton.

>he probably secretly likes Trump since he hates niggers with passion

What makes you say that? Because he's from Philly?

Not a huge fan. Don't like him, especially on CBB.

CBB in general and all his "characters" on there are generally pretty annoying desu

There's an emerging class of assholes I've encountered recently who Tompkins embodies. They are almost always creative, usually talented, and used to have "glamorous" vices when they were younger- drug problems, sex addiction, alcoholism, whatever. They then became smug liberals in later life, the sort of left-wing idiots who uncritically assume everything from the NYT/ The Guardian/ Teen Vogue is absolute fact, but laugh at Breitbart/ FoxNews viewers.
What specifically makes them shit, though, is their certainty that anyone who disagrees with them hasn't done the "cool" shit they have. They're the guy who talks for an hour about his terrifying ayahuasca trip, only to recoil when someone says "I've done ayahuasca, it's nothing like that". They're the people who snorted their friend's stepped-on coke once in a toilet and act like they're the fucking Wolf of Wall St. They can be young, too, but fucking Hell- Will Arnett and Alison Brie have done far crazier shit than Patton Oswalt and Tompkins, but neither of them are offering clueless political opinions

interesting.

So it's parody of the "I moved out of the suburbs and went CrAAYaaYYYaaaYYzzzYYy in college/my 20's, now I've gotten a 38 yo woman pregnant and I have to "settle down" kind of thing?

Aging edgelords who hit their youth before internet culture and are rebelling against the fact that they're more like their parents (whom they despise for being suburbanite Americans) than the "edgy" 20 somethings today?

Sidenote, when a political or public figure they hate is embroiled in a controversy that matches their vices, these assholes won't join in the jokes ("Steve Bannon's a cokehead alcoholic, Trump's a womanizer"). Not because they don't want to, but because in their forties and fifties they're still immature enough to think drinking, drugs, and infidelity are "edgy" and cool.
They can't try to humble-brag about their "drug years" if they've just called a middle aged cokehead "pathetic". Thus, any jokes they do make will be along the lines of "Haha, bet Trump had to pay those girls"- Still clinging to the adolescent idea that womanizing is so cool, just not when the bullies do it.

Nailed it.
Same reason they can't stand being made fun of, and call everyone "Trolls" or basement-dwellers. They need to believe that the people calling them cucks have no lives offline, and they need everyone who disagrees with them to be virgins who've never done edgy, cool stuff, unlike them.
The self-awareness kicks in on the CBB Christmas Special, when James Adomian calls PizzaGate and Russian hacking 2 equally retarded conspiracies. Air's just sucked outta the room. Because sure, those alt-right Sup Forums PizzaGate people are crazy, but the Russians, that was on BuzzFeed AND HuffPo, it's totally true.
Patton, Tompkins, Nanjani- Their Twitter feeds are a stream of aging guys realising that calling a cartoon frog "racist" is like their parents' calling Eminem music "dangerous". And when you realise you're not "with it" any more, you get frustrated and bitter

To be fair, I am a basement-dwelling virgin.

>Teen Vogue
Okay now I know you're just a biased trumpkin with a vendetta

There's a real cultural shift happening. I'm amazed at the number of people who can't see it.

Moved in with my parents, but only until they can pay back the 8.5K they owe me- So, not as bad?
And not a virgin, but my fuck buddy miscarried over Christmas, so that's over.
Point being don't stress lad. Eventually 1 set of problems is replaced by another.

As a broader point I think this is just Gen X'ers aging.

Their identity was based on rejecting baby boomers, and now they're realizing how similar to them they really are.

Feels sad desu. Hopefully people like Patton will realize this when they pass 60 or so, but we'll see.

I think as a rule they seem to have young children at a much older age than their parents did, and this is prolonging their anguish over aging.

>cartoon frog "racist"
I've never understood this. Frog predates the creation of Sup Forums as a board, even.

I don't know who this fuck is but I already hate him. He looks like he thinks very highly of himself

Thanks, man.

Trump's a fucking ludicrous candidate.
But the left isn't in any better shape than him, when grown adults are writing Guardian/ Atlantic/ Slate articles like "Teen Vogue’s Fiery Trump Takedown Shouldn’t Be a Surprise. Teen Vogue Rocks", "Who will take on Donald Trump? Teen Vogue", and "Teen Vogue’s Political Coverage Isn’t Surprising".
Those articles were written, with that tone, ostensibly to be read by politically informed adults. Fucking pathetic, left and right.

>Teen Vogue

This is how I know your post is ironic.

It'll be fascinating to see it take place over the nest few years, say a lot of mid-tier talent will suddenly become a lot less vocal about their "woke" information-free non-opinions.
Which is great- No matter what your thoughts on the Middle East, 8 years of watching actors and creators you respect slobber on Obama's dick and call him a "Cool dude" was depressing.

Wish it was, see
In fact, I think Oswalt actually shared the Teen Vogue article in question. Fits well with that delusional rant he did about how "Us talented, clever people will be the first to be attacked"

I have been off and on depending on what Thompkins is doing through his whole career, but he's not anywhere near the level that Oswalt is. He's in another realm, and I think PFT is pretty reasonable like an old school liberal

Lad, do you really think these people looked that far into it? The vast majority of the media, left and right, still think this site is "The Hacker "Sup Forums"".
The majority of mainstream culture is still as clueless about Internet culture as ever- which's priceless, considering how much content they steal from it.

Oswalt is a lot worse, true. But it's not so much Tompkins' specific ideology, it's how clued in he is(n't). Imagine saying "The cartoon frog's racist, BuzzFeed said so", or "The CIA said the Cold War's coming back, and they're always trust-worthy", and not realising you sound clueless.