This is the best post-rock album of all time, right bros?

This is the best post-rock album of all time, right bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VCCkymXplE&t=273s
youtube.com/watch?v=26VOfPwgM_w&t=787s
youtube.com/watch?v=4U_qfn_Pudo
youtube.com/watch?v=VJjfOpdkQ-U
youtube.com/watch?v=f-CPeCECS6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe. Top 5 for sure.

>Viðrar vel til loftárása

it's very good but i don't know if it's the best. it isn't even my favorite from sigur ros.

here's my personal pick

Yeah I agree, OP.

Fuck your girlfriend slowly to svefn-g-englar. It's amazing.

What would you say is the best Sigur Ros?

For me, it's Tortoise - TNT

teir "best" is probably the one you posted. my personal favorite is valtari.

another solid choice

Laughing Stock or Hex IMO

Spirit of Eden, Well Oiled or TNT for me
But it's definitely up there

No because it's not post-rock. It's dream pop.

The best post-rock is Soundtracks for the Blind, followed by Upgrade and Afterlife

sick /soy/ general

The soy thing confuses me. From my understanding, the research done only shows that soy only has an affect on testosternone leveles on young men, no adults. That in fact drinking regular milk has a higher chance of raising estrogen and that soy helps to alleviate the effects that milk can have on estrogen levels.

i prefer Takk...

Not to mention the top IQ statistic spots are held pretty much exclusively by soy chugging east asians, and the Japanese have the highest life expectancy in the world. Really makes you think.

Valtari's seriously underrated One of my all time favorite albums.

Once there was a sensitive, conceited young fellow named Jonsi Birgisson who lived on a permafrost island surrounded by a cold, dark sea. Jonsi was a well-meaning person who loved music, and he yearned to put more warmth in the world even though he wasn't exactly sure what warmth was. Not just "throwing an electric blanket on the corpse of electronica," that he knew. Jonsi longed to blaze "inspired new avenues in sonic landscapes," to deliver "shamelessly tear-stained epics" in "the falsetto cadence of angels," to turn "4AD-styled, sepia-toned instrumental passages" into "awe-inspiring new-religious mantras." Stuff like that. He did all this and more on a thematically linked work where some of the sonic landscapes were entrancing (although not warm). Because he was conceited, sometimes he would announce that these soundscapes were destined to change musical history, and then sometimes mean people would make fun of him. But he always had the perfect retort. "You have to admit I'm smarter than Enya," he would say. And about that he was certainly right.

No one's mentioned Skinny Fits? What happened to the Sup Forums I know?

It's a meaningless buzzword which became popular for the same reason "selling like hot cakes" did. Think nothing of it.

Skinny Fists is a great album, though I prefer F#a#. Neither are my favorite however

“Soyboy” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “soyboy” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “soyboy” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy soyboys!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a soyboy; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe soyboys exist, you are a plebeian.

yes

belter of a post

its not my favorite, but this is the album all post-rock revolves around

This better not be a pasta already, because if not I'm going to make it one.

This is the best way to make his whole shitty argument irrelevant. Thank you. Shine on.

What's the difference between rock and post-rock?

bump?

Apparently, X should be X on it's purest form, while post-X would come after X lost popularity, while retaining certain elements from X

Hex for the old-school sound
LYSF for the crescendocore sound

Sigur Ros are great but something about their sound is cloying to the point where I'm sick of it by the halfway point of the album.

post-rock is an umbrella term that is used to describe any type of music that uses typical rock instrumentation to create music that rejects traditional rock song structure. early "post-rock" was basically a catch-all term to describe any forward thinking rock music that was structurally ambitious (early math rock, rock w/ jazz elements, use of sampling), but modern post-rock is stereotypically defined by it's use of extended crescendos, genre fusion (especially elements of ambient and drone music), and being instrumental or at least using vocals in unconventional ways (usually to supplement the instrumentation). sometimes post-rock artists like godspeed will use spoken word samples to communicate with their audience.

The original definition for post rock was something along the lines of "using rock instruments to make non-rock music", as in the case of bark psychosis or Talk Talk.though I feel that can be disputed. Some argue that post rock is just an extension of prog rock, or that it's a synthesis of different styles to create something new, but that isn't exclusive to post-rock. Many people think the focus on post-rock is on timbre or texture, but that's also not the case with some releases.

In general, think of it as a blanket term for a style of rock music that was being made in the 90's were rock music was moving past its roots to become its own insular style

Thanks guys, got any mathy post-rock?

No

youtube.com/watch?v=8VCCkymXplE&t=273s The drummer on this one is a beast
youtube.com/watch?v=26VOfPwgM_w&t=787s

I have been seeing the first one in some charts, it's japanese right? Will check it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=4U_qfn_Pudo
youtube.com/watch?v=VJjfOpdkQ-U
youtube.com/watch?v=f-CPeCECS6o

There's a lot of this stuff out there

aka prog rock
aka experimental rock
aka art rock
aka psych rock

genres are shit because everyone has a different idea of what it should mean. i wish websites just posted similar ~sounding~ albums instead of genres

Anyone can rec me something along the lines of Blood Promise from Swans are Dead?

To be kind >>>>