Why couldn't the Empire survive without the Sith and just rely on their officers?

Why couldn't the Empire survive without the Sith and just rely on their officers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAOX_CHU0JY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They could because that's what they did for the most part.

So why did the Empire collapse after ROTJ?

They did. There's literally no mention of "the sith" whatsoever in those movies.

Hack tier writing by JAY JAY

Is there a torrent of Rogue One that isn't a fucking cam?

>Why couldn't the Empire survive without the Sith and just rely on their officers?
It did.

They look like Warsaw Pact

They didn't. A solid 6 years after the Battle of Endor was the Battle of Jakku. After that clusterfancy, the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire agreed to certain terms. Governing fell to the former rebels and the Empire retreated to the outer edge of the galaxy.
In secret, the chastised Imperial Navy ramped up production of their war machine. Enter Supreme Leader Snoke...

The rebels were winning, and essentially forced the empire to sign a treaty
Later the new republic was established, but high ranking officials from the empire days were also in high ranks with the new republic, and were very unhappy with it
These people as well as empire sympathizers left and relocated to some uncharted areas of the galaxy, and started forming the new order as a hopes to govern planets and areas the way the empire did.
Soon that grew outside of the uncharted areas and they began giving the republic some trouble, but they thought they were small time annoyances that couldn't amount to anything.
Leia disagreed and created the resistance, a private army of sorts to take care of the first order.

>Leia disagreed and created the resistance, a private army of sorts to take care of the first order.
>the resistance
> a private army

Now this is QUALITY writing here

>JJ Abrams

Need I say more?

The Emperor was the one that truly held everything together and he had no heir. Stuff like that has happened a lot throughout history.

What is an empire without an emperor? You can bet Sheev had the entire thing set up to be totally reliant on him in order to discourage any attempts at a coup.

Yeah mate, there's screeners for all the Oscars it's bound to win

>What is an empire without an emperor

Plenty of high ranking officials that could claim themselves as pretenders to the throne, regency council etc

More of a militia

> What is an empire without an emperor?

A constitutional monarchy

Because that shows a disturbing lack of faith

OP, that's the reason why The Force Awakens is such a failure. Just because the Emperor and Vader were dead and the second death star destroyed, that doesn't mean that the Empire would instantly collapse.

Someone would fill the void, after an intense power struggle, and then re-establish order. Post ROTJ, the Empire and various civilizations who supported them would ally against the New Republic and it's systems.

If Disney had been smart, they would have turned Star Wars away from WWII tropes and made it into a galactic cold war with spies, saboteurs, espionage, intrigue, raids etc.. which would have given them the opportunity to make many different types of stories!!!FACT!!!

That sounds shit

Not leaked tho

>spies, saboteurs, espionage, intrigue, raids etc.
>That sounds shit

So you didn't like the originals

LMAOOOO

Because ROTJ and TFA were poorly written.

The books and comics well describes the political landscape of post ROTJ galaxy, and in that its very clear that the Empire resisted for a while because of its military legs. But Disney threw all that out the Window and the PC they produced has more holes than swiss cheese, but its more palatable and streamlined.

*The OC they produced

So everything in the side material is more interesting than what we saw in TFA

good job Disney

>Plenty of high ranking officials that could claim themselves as pretenders to the throne, regency council etc
In other words, plenty of pretenders fighting each other over power, thus weakening the Empire even more.

Yup that's usually how these giants collapse

We failed to protect the smile guys

Theres a bunch of stupid bullshit in the expanded universe, but it really succeds in giving the ideia of a long and hardware struggle nota to just completou defeat the Empire but to stabilish a reformed republic as well.

Fucking hue phone corrector

I think even Disney is starting to acknowledge the mistake of nuking the expanded universe, because theyre implementing some of it in the New star Wars media like Almirant Thrawn

Why is it called imperial navy when there's no sea in space?

Wouldn't mind seeing some movies about that.

Thats pretty much how it goes in the books and comics following ROTJ, sadly Disney declared all that invalid and replaced it without their own for dummies and inane version

I like the uniforms

Because destroying the Death Star AND killing the Emperor means the Rebels won
>youtube.com/watch?v=mAOX_CHU0JY

>galactic cold war with spies, saboteurs, espionage, intrigue, raids etc
That doesn't appeal to children and fanboys, which is the target audience of Star Wars in the 21st century.

Eh? They dont look alike at all. They look like
Imperial jap Navy if anything

So you just want super weapons and the usual shit the, eh pleb? I bet you FUCKING LOVED TFA.

Russia managed without an Emperor.

This is why the old EU made more sense.

Just sayin'.

1* year after endor

because space ships

Ten bucks their gonna have the Thrawn trilogy rewritten into the new canon, probably gonna change it somewhat though

if it didn't survive what is the first order then?

A radical wannabe terrorist group. Rather than destroying a bunch of planets for no reason, The Empire would have occupied and use them for strategic purposes and resources.

and alderaan was??

seems to me like they are the same shit they just had a bigger deathstar with greater capability..

Alderaan was a message to the rebels as to not fuck with them, if anything the Empire had good intentions. Everyone would be scared shitless thay there would be peace for once.

Like Tarkin said, its about sending a message, not a manifesto like the First Order did.

Stormtroopers are overrated. The officers and these guys are the coolest.

thats not true. the first order is one faction in a truce with the new republic

That maybe so. But imo I think they are the Empire in name only.

>At that close range we won't last long against those Star Destroyers!
>Does so anyway because reasons and blows up the gigantic flagship to top it off.
This fleet looks like it could wipe out the rebel fleet without even breaking a sweat. RotJ is so weird and weak besides the GOAT throne room scenes.

I always figured the Imperials were under brainwashing or something, or they were scared of the Emperor too. I don't really think that the common man is like "Mhm, yes, blowing up planets is a-okay".

Yah I don't really get that, either. It would also have make a lot more sense storywise if the rebel fleet was getting decimated.

Not really. I mean people were pretty fine with nuking Japan irl.

Well, they did have an excellent sense of fashion.

Sheev told them they couldn't shoot back because he wanted to blow up all the ships himself with the Death Star.

One day I wish I get the chance to pull the trigger on seven billion people.

Lyin' Ted on the left

You're a big officer.

The empire isn't some stable bedrock of galactic society, it was haphazardly formed in the aftermath of a galactic civil war, and was fighting another civil war shortly after it's founding, There's maybe been one generation of children born without knowledge of the old republic, every senior officer was either from the clone wars or a planetary defense force, none of them have a reason to continue the empire.

Power vacuum in the emperor's absence. Too many people trying to become top dog at once, leading to several different factions.

i never noticed it before but his helmet kind of looks like the black mask those guillotine guys use to wear

OTR will always be on another level

>Lyin' Ted on the left
Holy shit I see it too
>THE REBELS LUKE, HAND THEM OVER

EU reason: After the Emperor died, various Grand Moffs splintered off because they wanted total control of the Empire, fracturing it and becoming a series of warlords arguing with each other as to who should be the new leader. They occasionally resolidifed because of leaders like Thrawn, Daala, etc, but none of these resurgences were particularly as effective as Sheev's reign and collapsed just as soon as they started.

Canon reason: I don't know. I guess those Aftermath books explain it, but I haven't read them because I heard they were shit and the writer's an asshole.

You've never played CK2? Retards will rebel against you even if it destroys the whole empire.

>clusterfancy

The Empire follows the doctrine of PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH.

I'm no expert but Empires don't just... stop because the Emperor is killed. They do whatever they do to choose a new one right?

Honestly, there must have been plenty of systems whose standard of living went way up under the protection of the Empire. Not everybody would see the fall of the Empire as a victory.

Doesn't matter when Darth Vader is around. He's pretty tall himself.

A FUCKING SHOVEL

Many empires crash when their leader dies because the leader will often create a position where their followers will need their skills. It wouldn't be too out there to suggest Sheev was keeping many ways to keep the Imperials in check to himself, and being a powerful Sith lord means he was more likely to keep himself in charge no matter what than to consider what the Empire would be like without his presence.

But thats what just happened as we saw in TFA. The First Order is basically just the continuation of the empire right?

A "Galactic Cold War" happened in the first half of episode II

Who's the bae?