What teams all the San Diego fags switching to?

What teams all the San Diego fags switching to?

The Rams? Are you still going to wear "Los Angeles Chargers"? Maybe some other team?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I will never cheer for an LA team. LA-SD is one of the biggest sports rivalries

never heard of this rivalry

So you have no team?

the best option is USC football. CFB is infinitely more entertaining (didn't say better, of course the pros are more skilled/athletic etc), and if you want to root for a truly winning program with great history and an unbelievable gameday experience, root for USC. drive or take the train up for games, tailgate on campus or at the coliseum. the best sports culture in CA, and only thing comparable in socal is baseball. Also, USC is pretty conservative fanbase, and SD/OC is a more conservative part of the state. it only makes sense.
honestly the whole LA-SD rivalry is nothing but a marketing meme.

Lived in Socal my whole life: San Diego 20 years and LA 12 years, and the rivalry is kinda fake imo. The true LA rivalry is with SF. LA people don't give a shit about SD, and SD fans are left without anyone who "hates" them equally.

How is it fake? Half of SD's identity is our rivalry with LA.

>The true LA rivalry is with SF.

That's a funny way to spell New York City. SF is SD to us too, idiot

what are you talking about?

dodgers/mets? dodgers/yankees? lakers/nets? lakers/knicks? NONE OF THESE ARE RIVALRIES

the true la rivalries are:
DODGERS/GIANTS
LAKERS/CELTICS

those are the ONLY true professional la rivalries. also can include:
USC/NOTRE DAME

exactly. it's completely one-sided. sd's NEVER won a fucking championship (except some early pre-nfl charger thing), so it's not a true rivalry. if LA doesnt give a shit about SD, it's not a rivalry. both fanbases must be on board. this is elemsntary stuff, user

I stopped watching.

Feels good to be free boys.

LA vs. NYC is the battle between the two biggest cities in the US. The Giants-Dodgers rivalry is completely one sided

Most Dodger fans find more of a rivalry with the Yankees, Red Sox and Cardinals than Giants.

>the entire fanbase is one person meme

>living in SoCal
>having rivalries

lol why

I think people who have never lived beyond the desert have a hard time understanding the intensity of a rivalry in flyover and snowsmog cities. Those people literally hate other teams and their Fans. It consumes them. It is part of their day to day identity.

It is almost impossible to care that much about anyone else living here. The only people who do are transplants and ironybros

>liking college teams of colleges you never went to

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nonsense Oakland A's fans and Dodger fans often kill people in the streets for wearing an opposing teams jersey or hat.

Is the SD vs. LA rivalry a real thing in real life?

>Most Dodger fans find more of a rivalry with the Yankees, Red Sox and Cardinals than Giants.

this is complete an utter horseshit. there are probably surveys out there to prove it but i'm too lazy and don't care enough to "prove" such an obvious truism about la sports.

ive attended dozens of games, listened to tens of thousands of hours of la sports talk and its simply not even debatable:
DODGERS/GIANTS and LAKERS/CELTICS are the only true la sports rivalries.

you DO realize that sports rivalries have other factors besides the economic output and population of a city? things like geography and history play an important role.

>Most Dodger fans find more of a rivalry with the Yankees, Red Sox and Cardinals than Giants.
I'll be nice and give you the Cardinals every now and then because their fanbase is so unbelievably insufferable. But what you just is retarded.

for san diegans, yes. for angelenos, not at all. as stated multiple times already, la fans care about sf giants first and foremost.

Still a chargers fan. Gonna watch them win the owl this year. You're welcome to join

Just saying what the average fan thinks

And barely anyone in LA actually watches boreball and likes it. LA is a Raiders and Lakers city

>Just saying what the average fan thinks
No you're not.

Why do you think Raiders v. Chargers is so bad?

again, just simply wrong.

la is a dodgers town first and foremost. you want proof: look at the demographics of los angeles: vast majority white and hispanic. hispanics especially overwhelmingly love baseball in usa.

yes there are raiders fans, yes there are lakers fans, but when it comes to passion, dedication and allegiance, there are way more devoted dodger fans than any other.

>Mexicans

Associated gang violence isn't a sporting rivalry.

What are you talking about? I live in Torrance and I've seen way more Raider gear than Dodger gear.

Have you been to a Dodger v Yankees game before?

A's white fans are no better

Blonde A's women go to Anaheim and attack people

look outside torrance then. the LA area stretches 100 miles in every direction. go into east la, boyle heights, montecito heights, lincoln park, alhambra and the older generation in westlake/macarthur park, downtown, highland park, hifi, echo park...it's dodger town through and through...not to mention the west side.

honestly look at a map. torrance is almost long beach. you're not getting a true representative feel for los angeles there.

>Raider gear
maybe you just live on a bad block with lots of gang bangers i dont know

I just don't see this NorCal vs. SoCal rivalry in real life from the LA point of view. Honestly as an Angeleno, I feel more of a rivalry vs. Boston or New York.

I see Angelenos cheering for the Giants during their WS runs or the Warriors during the last 3 NBA finals all the time

>go to Anaheim and attack people

>Anaheim
>""people""

no but more importantly, have YOU been to a dodger/giants game before?

also do you know anything about baseball? dodgers/yankees is an interleague series. do you know what that means? it doesn't even happen all that often and it didn't even EXIST prior to interleague play (1997).

giants/dodgers are in the same division. they play many times every season. AND they meet in postseason pretty frequently.

your lack of basic baseball knowledge is becoming apparent

>I see Angelenos cheering for the Giants

honestly i've never seen this in my life. maybe these "Angelenos" are transplants or something. the giants are known as "the hated ones" by vic the brick. he won't even speak their name, much less root for them.

california is not the SEC, we don't root for our opponents through some twisted groupthink mentality

I'm switching to Seahawks probably.

I'd rather fly to Seattle than go to downtown LA or wherever the fuck the Chargers are playing.

I dont want to be stabbed by a bunch of Mexicans. The only LA county areas id go willingly to are Long Beach and Cerritos/Norwalk and even then crossing over the border from Orange County theres significant crime and grime increases.

LA county doesnt know how to do SoCal properly

The only real rivalry is between the Central Coast and the San Joaquin Valley.

>lã Rams

t. Temecula

Yeah I see lots of LA people cheering for the 49ers

Some "rivalry"

Isn't there a huge Padres-Dodgers rivalry?

NorCal is a hell hole and you are a retard

Pic related. Facts prove it.

Cali bros: is Texas v. California bigger out there than NorCal v. SoCal? Not sports but anything else

Former die hard charger fan here. I am rooting for anyone the Chargers play. Nothing would be sweeter to see them fail to 0-16 on a basically 16 game road schedule

>one of the biggest sports rivalries
Kek, by no metric would that be true

t. Costa Mesa more like it bub.

LA is trash. Not even South California secessionist movements want it.

People in LA only like the 49ers because there was no football team for them and its a good antagonist to the raiders fan who is usually human trash.

Maybe from 2011-2014 because they were SB contenders.

Weird times. Actually I remember that Rams-49ers game in LA, and there were probably more Niners fans in LA than what showed up in SF.

No one gives a shit about Texas

That is the most one sided and forced "rivalry" in existence. There are Major League Soccer rivalries with more legitimacy and passion.

The Texas government wanted low-income people to go work in their poverty mines and racism factories, so they spend millions trying to convince people their is some sort of rivalry or competition between the states. Only Texans actually believe it for some reason

>born in San Diego
>dad is from LA
>grow up liking Doyers, Rasm, UCLA
>he worked all the time so all of our bonding was watching recorded sports games together that I already watched
>move to LA for work after finishing school
>this will be great I can watch the teams I like
>can't get any of them with digital antenna
>can't stream with dad's DirecTV
>have to illegally stream events occurring two miles from my house even though I've tried multiple legal methods
very cool

Yep, sure thing friend.

I'm sure your beach front mansion is totally rad, "bro"

Try and stay cool today out in Lake Elsinore tho

Aren't Padres games just home games for every team that play them? I thought it was just the Dodgers, but the Giants, Cardinals, Mets, Cubs, etc. all have home games there

Grew up in SD
USC fans in SD are all hick faggots who own boats and never went to college

Really, only the Dodgers have a home field advantage in SD. I don't think the Giants invade SD like Dodger fans do

What's wrong with liking a college you never went to?

You root for an NFL team that you never played for

So consensus is that IF there is an SD-LA rivalry, its completely one sided from the SD POV

And from what I gather in this thread, LA doesn't see SF as much of a rival either

>changing teams because the drive time to the stadium increased
This is why you don't pick your team based on geography

There's a huge cultural rivalry between LA and SD though.

Costa Mesa doesnt even border the ocean you transplant fuck

Nah, abandoned the team because they are run by greedy cunts who lie to and sabotaged their fans.

Anyone who stays with the Chargers is literally a victim of domestic abuse and also a cuck

>pick you teams randomly so you can be a bandwagon faggot that everyone asks "oh you're from minnesota me too! wait youve never been to minnesota and you're a vikings fan???"

No one care, u Riverside shit

>I just don't see this NorCal vs. SoCal rivalry in real life

Dodgers vs Giants

USC vs Stanford

Not really a rivalry but don't Sacramento Kings fans hate the Lakers?

t. Spineless cuck

Literally no one in California thinks about Texas. Which makes those Texas is better than California threads even more pathetic desu

NorCal vs. SoCal isn't really a rivalry in NFL or NBA, unless you count Kings/Lakers or Clippers/Warriors.

In the NFL, there's probably more fans of the "NorCal" teams in SoCal than there are SoCal fans

I honestly don't even like sports, but is any random reason any better than others for liking a team? You were born in that patch of dirt? You are X distance from the stadium? You like the colors?

face it, there is truly superior reason for liking a team. Its all just idiotic tribalism in the end.

Maybe in college football yeah but in every other sport most likely not

USC vs Texas rose bowl

or they're very successful lawyers and businessmen (alumni, that is, not bandwaggoners), especially in north county SD (you know, like rancho santa fe, one of the wealthiest zip codes in the nation)

Raiders to spite spanos honestly
My second team would be the cardinals but I have no idea about their history outside of suffering and don't know if I want to go through that again

I'm only 24 so my loyalty was tested and being a raider fan honestly doesn't affect me as much as my father who was a fan since 72 and is a niner fan now

but even THAT is completely one-sided. you must be from/in SD. i'm just telling you, no one in LA thinks about SD at all. not at all. not culturally, not athletically. they think of SD as a cool day-trip to go to the beach or to breweries. it's a totally one-sided fake "rivalry," all in the minds of san diegans.

t. 20 years in sd, 12 years in la

>Sacramento

>not defending your tribe

Disgusting

Same here bro been watching Laker games since I was a little kid. Back then you could watch them on the local channels but now you gotta have special tv packages to watch them.

Fuck spending all that money on cable that charge you an arm and a leg just stream it online.

Kings/Lakers is actually an underrated rivalry stemming from the playoffs where the kings had some obscene number of fouls

youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

>inb4 (((stern))) didn't rig games. they've all-but-admitted it, and donaghy blew the whistle and is now in prison

>I honestly don't even like sports

why the FUCK are you wasting your life posting on a sports message board then? probably a paid shill doing datamining for some soros-funded "open society" thinktank.

No you haven't holy shit hahha

IT SURE WAS A QUIET RIDE UP THE 5 AFTER THAT DOUBLE-HEADER HUH FRIEND?

My in-laws are from LA, I'm from Oakland. They fucking hate the Giants. That's the only sports rivalry I ever hear about from them. They don't even hate the Warriors, probably because the Warriors ascension coincides with a Lakers slump.

This is what it's like to talk sports with them:
>Baseball
Giants - Hate; Padres - Joke; Angels - Irrelevant
>Basketball
Warriors - Neutral; Clippers - Irrelevant
>Football
USC, UCLA. Who are the Rams and Chargers again?

Makes more sense to root for the team you like the most the most rather than pretend/force yourself to root for a team because its dot on a map is closest to your house

Clips/Warriors was barely a rivalry, some shit about the Clippers refusing to participate in a pregame church sermon thing with the warriors.

I would too, if fake bible-thumper MJax was coaching the warriors.

That aside, the Clips choked so early and so often that the 'rivalry' was on life support after 2014.

Chula Vistian here. Xolos padres gulls and az cardinals now

>it makes more sense to root for a winning team 1000 miles away because they have better corporate marketing

>t. Yankee baseball, Brazil soccer, Cowboys/Patriots, Lakers basketball football fan from Florida

North County isn't San Diego lol

Define north county

pretty spot on id say

They're not transplants either, I should say. They're 5th or 6th generation Japanese-American and all lived in the LA area.

Is it true that most LA people consider Vegas more LA than the 818?

Same. Feels great not spending hours of my life on this shit

Reminder that if you switch teams you bring dishonour to everyone who's ever known you.

North of Del Mar, objectively

>baiting in a bait thread

What are you hoping to catch?

>Hurr durr my team moved 2 hours north from me
>Let me go support a new team further away from me with no connection
>Th childish mentality of San Diego sports fans
If you are a true Charger fan, you support them no matter what.

t. Spanos' lawyer

>part of san diego county
>not san diego
Ok, bud.

This is dumb.

You root for a team close to you because:
>Drive is shorter to see games in person
>More local fans around to talk about the game with, tailgate with, the game is on at the local bar, it's on your Bud Lite/Pepsi cans

It's like it's a Sup Forums doesn't watch sports episode

It borders me though. Huntington Beach here, you wanna hang out and shitpost together?

No fucktard, I support the Chargers and live in SD all my life. Blame the city government for not doing enough to build a new stadium.

>why wont the city fund a 6 million dollar stadium for corporate welfare for bread and circuses ???

STOP

hahahaa thats fine, continue supporting money mongering jew while he laughs at you collecting your sheckles and offers 5-9 seasons.

Wat

Not even in the top ten.

>Califags would rather root for an out of state team than their own homewtown teams

get out

I'll watch them play but if they go to the super bowl as an LA team I'm gonna get really fucking pissed.

If there is a god he won't let this happen.