Paul Thomas Anderson & Daniel Day Lewis

Their next movie is about the world of 1950's fashion - to be released this year.

Will it be good? The subject matter doesn't sound very exciting.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-not-directing-pinocchio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will be shoot in march, if it doesn't take too much time in editing, yeah, it will be released this year.

its pta
its going to be a masterpiece

It won't be good

literally this, unless hes changed in some major way this movie will be great, and you just know lewis doesnt just sign up to anything

8 1/2 was garbage and so was Inherent Vice. This one will end both of their careers

1950s fashion was great.
The prequel should be about the architecture in the 1920s and 30s.

Daniel Day Lewis is a very acclaimed actor but make no mistake here - he doesn't like acting at all. Unlike every single one of his contemporaries, he doesn't show up in theatre or smaller films, he doesn't have any love for his craft, the only thing he wants is attention. That's why he works in such an autistic manner, he wants the spotlight and the praise at all cost.

He's no hack, but he's certainly a phony.

This might seem like a weird thing to say about such an accomplished filmmaker, but I still don't think PTA has discovered himself or his own style yet. He just seems to be immitating his favourite directors. I thought with TWBB and then The Master that he'd found his style, tone and aesthetic but he followed those up with Inherent Vice.

How can you doubt PTA?

you mean 'nine'? havent seen it but yeah it does look like trash, but inherent vice was great, and it felt like one he just did for fun almost

Anderson is a hack and every movie he makes is based upon ripping off the style of another Director....

Hard Eight - Sidney Lumet
Boogie Nights - Martin Scorsese
Magnolia - Robert Altman
Punch Drunk Love - Hal Ashby
There Will Be Blood - Terrence Malick

His last movie, Inherent Vice, had him aping Robert Altman again as you can see he was clear trying to make it into The Long Goodbye and if he's doing a movie about the fashion industry then he's ripping off Altman's Prêt-à-Porter!!!FACT!!!

The 1960's was probably an interesting time for fashion as it was for music, television and film, as well as politics so I'm sure there's something there.

>1950s fashion was great.

Why?

Daniel Day Lewis is a meme actor.

what about le master

>The subject matter doesn't sound very exciting.

Neither did Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love. PTA will pull it off.

holy crap i did mean nine
how embarrassing

You mean Hard Eight? Yeah, that wasn't good, I'll admit that as a PTA fan. But it was his first. IV was great so fuck off pleb. Also, before you talk trash on a movie, learn the goddamn title.

>Punch Drunk Love - Hal Ashby

I don't see the comparison. Ashby's influence on Wes Anderson is more apparent.
And you forgot The Master.

Nine has DDL but it's not PTA.

oh man
just oh man

oh man

>Boogie Nights - Martin Scorsese
Isn't that the point?

Oh but I forgot about The Master, his ode to Kubrick, but then so has everyone else which is why I can buy brand new copy for $3 at Dollarama HAHAHAHAHA

that movie is a perfect example of the only two types of characters that exist in PT Anderson's movies; the cool calm sage and the raving idiot!!!FACT!!!

>TWBB
>Terrence Malick

You're retarded. At least put Kubrick and give yourself some credibility if you're gonna use this argument instead of just pulling a director out of your ass.

>The subject matter doesn't sound very exciting.
>Guy builds oil mines, dislikes local priest
>Autistic man meets a girl & visits her in Hawaii
>A bunch of random people in California have issues with relationships & family

!!!FACT!!!

Speaking as long time P.T.A fan.

The Master was really fuckin good. 9.5 out of 10.

Inherent Vice was okay, some flashy editing moments, nothing too hilarious, was expecting some surreal comedy masterpiece but okay. As a comedy movie it stands easily head and shoulders above most comedies, and i'll explain why it's because it was well made and complex.

His pinocchio movie was seriously exciting, could've been a great totally different movie on its own.

Now man...you can even tell what this fashion movie is going to be like: a very close portrayal of the characters with really great acting, well made, with grey shades and colorful costumes all over the place...but perhaps a little uninspired? Yes not gonna mention he's obviously a great costume drama director as well. At this moment I'm imagining something like Doubt (2008). You know an okay movie but just there without much excitement. This should've been maybe a project after The Pinochio one... We need more blood. The fashion character-piece movie should've came after the pinocchio feature just for the fun.

>Guy builds oil mines, dislikes local priest
But this does sound interesting. The oil frontier is the subject of lots of books.

>Autistic man meets a girl & visits her in Hawaii
>A bunch of random people in California have issues with relationships & family
These movies are shit. Not surprising that their description is boring.

is this copy pasted from an imdb post?

He's not directing Pinocchio anymore.

slashfilm.com/paul-thomas-anderson-not-directing-pinocchio/

PTA has more sensibility than Kubrick, you seen Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love? Kubrick was a satirist and inhuman