Why makes him a good villain?

Why makes him a good villain?

How is he different from any other capeshit quipbot villain you see now?

He's blond. Thats the key.

charisma and is featured in a movie that isn't cookie cutter

He's a pretty original character. Not a mastermind boss dude, not a stealthy assassin, not a petty criminal or muscle sidekick.

More like renegade flashy bandit who has enough balls and skill to mix it with the best.

He's played by a competent actor in a movie where he's key to the premise. The fact that he isn't just some guy who exists as an excuse to further a cinematic universe and sell toys doesn't hurt either, it means he was written to be interesting and entertaining on his own merits
He isn't just Evil British Man #26547 who wants to get superpowers, rule the world and kill Iron Man/Captain America/etc.

He's entertainging and fun to watch but at the same time you want to see him taken down, like Boddicker from Robocop.

The world he woke up in pretty much deserved him

I thought that was gucci mane

I fucking hated Snipes in this movie. Pls tell me you faggots are doing the contrarian shit again.

This.

Replace the villains from GOTG and Thor 2 and you wouldn't even notice

Try to replace Simon Phoenix with Clarence Boticker from Robocop or Ricter from Total Recall. It's impossible.

That's why all 3 of those characters are timeless and you can barely remember what most capeshit villains even looked like let alone remember their names

>I hated something everyone else loves
>everyone ELSE is a contrarian

Nice logic there champ.

I'm going to watch this movie right now. Thanks Sup Forums.

I like your style, user.

He's super-capable and enjoyably insane. He's like the Joker if the Joker spent less time being an edgy tryhard picking out elaborate clown-related costumes and more time fucking everything up for everyone just because.

What's your boggle user?

He just loves being evil. Doesn't give a fuck about anything. Criminals in and out of prison are actually like this.

He represents the ultimate alpha that takes what he wants, when he wants, from whomever he wants and has fun doing it.

Stallone represents the boyscout -- painfully devoted to law and order. While he is also alpha, his moral center is aims at projecting what is right, moral and just.

This gave Wesley a blank check to go nuts.

I want to [molest] young naive Sandra Bullock from the future

and also regular Sandra Bullock from now in real life

how much do you weigh?

>Stallone represents the boyscout -- painfully devoted to law and order.

What are you fucking on about, Spartan was a renegade even in the 20th century and was all about getting the job done no matter how much shit he had to blow up or bad guys he had to shoot

But why was he a renegade? What is his motivation?

He works so well because of how the characters act around him. Notice how he doesn't even do much with that scene where he gets surrounded by the internet booth thing. It's mostly just the cops reacting to him.

It's an action movie

Wesley Snipes.

>tfw Britbong and whenever this movie is on TV the words 'Taco Bell' are hilariously and shoddily dubbed over with 'Pizza Hut'

This movie is such a perfect storm of fun that it only makes it better

what makes him good is the person playing him

Wesley Snipes could play the Joker and it'd be good.

>the words 'Taco Bell' are hilariously and shoddily dubbed over with 'Pizza Hut'

....why?

he's in a good movie
he's given space to do stuff
its Snipes

Europe doesn't have Taco Bell. The same company owns Pizza Hut and didn't want the product placement to go to waste. True story.

If you suddenly found yourself with a bunch of awesome skills you never had in a future ill-equipped to deal with your powers, would you use said powers for good or evil? He's the entertaining answer to that question.

Because black people were allowed to be themselves back then

They were even allowed to be villains

Snipes had charisma

We don't have Taco Bell in the UK, only Pizza Hutt. If Taco Bell featured in the film, many brits (myself included) would be too confused and upset to enjoy the rest of the movie.

>Europe doesn't have Taco Bell

So THAT'S why they give it so much shit on /ck/.

>confused and upset

KEK

90s witty humor

>why was he a renegade?
you need to rewatch the movie
he was the Demolition Man. everytime he did his job right, stuff would get demolished. hence all the Lawful Goods hated him

if this came out today it would be nominated for an oscar
Have mainstream hollywood Blockbusters gotten so awful that even highly rated ones are significantly worse than a middle of the road action flick from 20 years ago?

No it wouldn't, it's not part of an epic shared universe.

Buzzwords galore

He has a personality, which is also why Loki is the only Marvel villain that people remember.

i noticed this, too

they even put a badly cgi'd stamp of the pizza hut brand over the taco bell signs

lol. this post actually makes me a little sad. current year is fucking pathetic.

rely makes u think

yes

I literally cannot watch 99% of modern action movies

I hate everything about them. The constant fast editing, the constantly moving camera that literally can never sit still even during non action scenes and constantly has to zoom in and out for no reason (and then during action scenes it starts having an epileptic fit so strong you can't even see what the fuck is happening), you can't even see the fucking action scene, the obnoxious and glaringly fake looking CGI everywhere which gets more suffocating the higher the budget, the script itself with its generic 'witty', fast paced dialogue that's tied into the fast editing bullshit... it's like the whole package is made for someone with ADHD and I guess it kinda is since they have to constantly compete with the watching person's smart phone. and of course the vomit inducing PG13 rating to siphon in as much money as possible. Good action movies died with the '90s.

He was funny

>Kathy Bates
This suddenly got 1000x better.