The VVITCH WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT

Ummm, what the fuck Sup Forums ?

why the fuck did you all tell me this was the best horror film in recent history?

why the fuck did you all recommend that I watch this?

This flick was complete trash, 100% style over substance, tension that never gets released in any meaningful way, ending with a circle of crazy floating witches?

Literally never taking a Sup Forums suggestion again. Fuck off you fucking retards

What an utter blunder of a thread

fucking off yourself special kid. vvitch was garbage and you should feel like an asshole for thinking otherwise.

Name 5 good scenes from this shit, ill wait all fucking night kunt

>The 2xV itch
What's that supposed to mean

If you thought this film was trash, I would recommend you to go watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 you fucking goober

>style over substance

why hello there reddit terminology major

You would wait all night, the night after, and the night after that too, because you an absolute retard and you should livestream your suicide, faggot.

kill yourself my man, this movie was average at best and complete shit to anyone going into it with Sup Forums informed expectations.

Name a better horror movie made in the last three years

Kek my good lad

>style over substance,

I hate it when people just use this phrase about anything they don't like without knowing what it actually is supposed to mean.

yep

anyone who uses that phrase gets their opinion discarded

Black Phillip best character.

>Reply
green room
Don't breathe

You see the movie was average because you couldn't follow the plot at all.

Stick to Transformers movies from now on

>100% style over substance
>implying this is even a bad thing

not that it's applicable to this film anyway.

it was highly overrated

Absolute lad

It was FILLED with tension, hard choices, and confusion, and fear of the unknown. Pure horror.

spoken like a true Sup Forums simpleton

maybe if the filmmakers didn't spend 90% of their energy on meme cinematography they'd have an actual story to tell and some legitimately engaging plot lines

this was DOOD WEED LMAO tier media at its finest. Sorry I like watching film sober lol

It's good direction over cheap thrills. Style over substance is Rob Zombie or Eli Roth.

The only thing bad about this film was the ending. If it had just ended after everyone died then I think it would've been better just to show how the paranoia of the time. But no, they had to make so that the goat is actually the devil and she joins the convenant or whatever and actually floats, that was very stupid.

the conjuring movies

now get out of my thread

suspense thrillers are not horror

>the conjuring movies

You're kidding right? I bet you think Insidious is good too.

I agree with this, it was my major complaint with the film. I wish they had just ended it abruptly instead of trying to conclude it.

>it's a laughing maniacally while floating in the air episode

>It's good direction over cheap thrills.

Read: The movie is probably boring and slow.

The key to understanding Sup Forums is understanding that the board has a buttload of euphemisms for "fucking boring" and a bunch of edgy defense mechanisms when called out on it.

>Ummm
low-quality bait

They showed the witch at the fucking beginning. Remember when she stole a baby right out from under the main character's nose from like 100+ feet away and then ground it up to make herself fly? Did you miss that part? It was kind of important since it was the main plot point of the entire fucking movie.

The ending fit in with the actual movie that clearly weren't paying very close attention to.

The movie can't just end with everbody dead. Thomasine needed to get her delicious release

It Follows and Babadook> The ^^e^^e

>The key to understanding Sup Forums is understanding that the board has a buttload of euphemisms for "fucking boring" and a bunch of edgy defense mechanisms when called out on it.

this is a thread about a fucking mainstream horror film, not Derek Jarman's Blue. unless you legitimately have adhd or something, I don't know what movies you could possibly sit through if you think The Witch was intolerably boring.

what the hell are you talking about?

she grinds the infant up and then goes to sleep.

Either way it was stupid

Fucking hell, 90's born reddit cock sucker. You have to go back.

Babadook is falls apart in the third act, and It Follows is a good premise with shit execution. They're not terrible in terms of horror movies, but it's not a great genre to begin with

Green Room was absolute garbage. It's not even in the same universe as The Witch.

Don't worry. Once you get older you'll realize no one with taste would assault you with the visual of a naked 80 year old woman.

What was up with the goat actually turning out to be the devil? That doesn't make any sense at all.

So the twins actually conjured up witchcraft by singing to the goat? Did they just happen to know the right tunes to sing to the goat? Was it by chance?

Was Thomasine partially evil the whole time? When did she start becoming evil?

>style over substance

that doesn't mean anything when you're talking about movies

you fucking retard

t. nazi punk

Every time a millennial says a film/tv show was "boring", I know that means they have no attention span and played with their phone though the entire thing.

It's a straightforward adaptation of a folk tale. That's how the folk tale ends.

Post goats

It's how you wrote "double U." The letter U is expressed as "V"

>the conjuring movies
They were complete shit faggot

Watch it again when you're over the age of 25.

Was the hot witch in the cave who possessed the boy the same with at the beginning and end?

did she just put a spell on herself to change her looks or what? I mean we know there are many different witches in that forest.

>t.
reddit fag

Black Phillip was GOAT

Over 25 here. Can confirm not worth watching.

Go back to your Star Wars threads, retard.

>did she just put a spell on herself to change her looks or what?
Yeah I assumed it was some sort of Glamour, i'm pretty sure you see her old hand just before the scene cuts.

I knew it was shit, which is why I stopped watching after about 5-8 mins.

It's ok to be a pleb OP.

just kidding kys

People defending this movie are even more retarded then the OP

>go back 2 mallcope
>go back 2 starwars
>ur underage

Just kill this thread already

>tension that never gets released in any meaningful way
Yes, it all gets resolved.
The family dies, we discover the goat is the devil, the hot young daughter becomes a witch by signing a pact with the devil

You know the movie was based on the witch trials in Salem and witness testimony of what they think happened. Like they portray in that movie (or mini series) where the children make up shit to get people executed by saying they saw them dancing with the devil in the forest.

What was that movie/mini-series/show called?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Did you go in expecting some jump scare shit?

really? jesus christ

It does not matter if the goat was the devil or not. Thomasine was psychotic by the end of the movie. Her head heard what she needed to hear. It's no matter where the voice came from..

The children sung the goat a song. That's it.

Thomasine never commited an "evil" act.

I think you are missing the point of the movie if you are so caught up whether the evil supernatural or not.

TOP FUCKIN KEK

It Follows, though the girl in The VVitch was hotter, I suppose.

Why were they shitty?

I get what you're saying, but that doesn't really hold considering the ending scene.

There was clearly a very physical supernatural presence through the whole thing, I don't think its wrong to place importance in these things

see the movie is about Puritans, they(and most christians today actually) believed everyone was born inherently evil, but that you could follow the bible to get into heaven. In the bible it makes a passing mention of goats being "cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels", which was actually meant as metaphor, but Puritans took everything in the bible literally. They kept goats because they were needed for food and easy to keep, but you weren't supposed to trust them or play around with them like the kids do.

The movie starts with them getting kicked out of their village for not following the bible correctly, and the kids are apparently not baptized.. so, in the universe of the film/story, they were all already evil and going to hell. As soon as they lost the protection of the village and set up in the wild they were doomed to their fate.

In reality, people like that probably just starved to death or were killed by wild animals or were killed by/joined with native americans. But the people living in the villages would never know and so made up stories about them, stories which would have tried to dissuade anyone else from following their example by leaving.

That's what someone under 25 would be expecting.

It was a top tier period piece and suspense/thriller. The accents were fantastic and so were the child actors

The people calling it the best horror movie were misleading, because by that metric it'd be shir

Why didn't she help relive some of her little bros built up tension?

Imagine being in that forest in the 17th century

>No light
>Gun doesn't work and takes me 5 minutes to reload and its too heavy to shoot without support
>Creepy rabbit and no noise from the forest

FUCK that shit f.am even if the Witches wern't real that is spooky.

>That bird pecking scene too

Well what was your problem user?

this is where I lose my suspension of disbelief.

How is such a young girl so thick? You would have seen that kind of thickness even when she had clothes on.

The trial at the beginning.
The little kids giving Tomasin the business.
Tomasin and her brother in the woods.
The kids being possessed arses while locked up with Tomasin.
Black Phillip giving everyone the business.
Tomasin selling her soul.

>That bird pecking scene too

only good part

I think it implies she used the Samuel to renew her life.

wasn't this kid like 9? What was his problem?

that's not even a goat, it's a fucking sheep

why was he so smug?

boring shit with no real gore or violence how the fuck do you even call it a horror movie

best horror movie this year was the shallows or green room

Because atmosphere>gore

>but that you could follow the bible to get into heaven
Christian tradition, starting with Paul, has never mentioned the bible as the means to salvation

shit bait, OP was legitimate criticism

This.
The shilling in these threads is always so misleading.
Movie's 7.5-8/10. Intense. Not scary though.

Everyone but the newborn was baptized. The mother lost her shit about her baby being unbaptized. She wouldn't have allowed her kids who had been around for years to be going through life unbaptized.

If you get scared from movies at your age you're a real faggot user.

****BBBBBBRRRBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP****

Smells delicious

shut up

She covered herself in dead baby to steal its youth.

And to be able to fly.

BOO

You're an embarrassment you fucking queer. Kill yourself.

underage b&

It's almost like you don't want the delicious life, user.

>VVITCH
no please

The Babadook and this are probably the only good horror movies to be released in the 2010s so far