Normies on Twitter and Tumblr all thinking that The Young Pope is going to be a comedy about a young guy trying to make...

>normies on Twitter and Tumblr all thinking that The Young Pope is going to be a comedy about a young guy trying to make Christianity cool

Man I can't wait to see their faces after the show airs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_shoes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i got pinched by my cable company for torrenting episode 1 and it ended up being unsubtitled anyway

so what does he do in subsequent eps that will trigger the normies?

I haven't watched this yet because I somehow got the same impression that this show was going to do for Catholicism what Pope Francis has been doing. What takes place in the show? Someone said the pope is a huge asshole.

basically: what if the pope was a gangster and catholicism was run like the mafia.

So...a realistic take on the Vatican?
Minus the 'murrikan Pope, i mean.

>what if the pope was a gangster and catholicism was run like the mafia.

That isn't it at all, did you even watch the show?

Oh the catholic church is horribly corrupt. Man normies sure will be shocked. The only thing more shocking would be if there was also a kiddy diddling ring

Am I the only one who thought it was unsubtitled on purpose? I thought it was the director's vision to have it that way. Like, make the viewer feel like an alien within the Vatican in the same way Lenny feels like he doesn't belong there.

I was surprised to then find out that there were in fact subtitles for the Italian and Spanish scenes.

in b4 House of Cards, come on out you sperg.

I'm sure that's essentially what Sorrentino is trying to say.

his other films have satirized the church and he habitually rips off Fellini, who made fun of the church constantly.

The rippers are just retarded, mang.

Numerous times in numerous threads people asked this question and the response was no, there are subtitles for the dialogue, people even gave links to where they could find subtitles.

Now I'm expecting that one guy to ask "DUH IS THIS SHOW SHITTING ON CATHOLICISM, CUZ I'M CATHOLIC AND THAT'S NOT COOL BRO!"

This is wrong
user is wrong

the show is a direct result of francis style catholicism. basically he is the natural progression of trump after obama

I'm not Catholic, but what's the shows take on the religion? Is the Pope a sincere believer or is he in it for the perks?

Every fucking time

Watch the show and find out

The Pope IS a gangster and the Vatican IS run like the mafia.

The Pope gives a pretty genuine presentation of many Catholic teachings, struggles with his faith, and does a few immoral things. Honestly just watch the show, it's fantastic.

You asked for it.

I'm working through a backlog of shows. This is one of them, but it isn't coming up for a while if I keep to my schedule. I wouldn't mind having that part "ruined" for me since I'm primarily interested in the cinematography as it's the one thing consistently praised.

>I'm working through a backlog of shows.

Well when you're ready to watch this, it'll still be there for you to enjoy without anyone's bias interfering.

*passeggiate verso di voi*

i've survived Sup Forums for so long by not taking anything i read on here to heart. so far no one's bias has colored my own opinion about anything. but thanks anyway

I want to hug him

Don't we all?

HOLY SHIT

see: the fact that you can't grasp the basic thematic premise is worrying.

wouldn't that mean the opposite?

No.

Do you think the cripple Cardinal Nasty visits is actually disabled or just a slackjawed teenager?

Nothing he does is immoral

best girl right here

>Cardinal Nasty

Get the fuck off this board.

She's has her charm points

>Pope turns to the camera and winks
Dropped

What was he winking at? God?

us

stop shilling

You sad faggots going "LOL DEUS VULT KILL THE HOMO PRIESTS BASED POPE" are in for a suprise luckily.

dude stop shilling and fuck off we're not in for a surprise catholicism is satanism. the holy see created islam to kill jews and christians.

There are a few things. The biggest one is when he gets Tommaso to reveal the cardinals' confessions.

T H E Y O U N G K I N O
H E Y O U N G K I N O
E Y O U N G K I N O
Y O U N G K I N O
O U N G K I N O
U N G K I N O
N G K I N O
G K I N O
K I N O
I N O
N O
O

Its kinda like The Witcher and Sup Forums if you go by Sup Forums The Witcher is a Alt-Right simulator were the mc goes around killing muzzies and raping bitches...then you play it and its a run of the mill dark fantasy fetch quest simulator with great graphics, if you fuck around you get btfo by the official love interest, your daughter is bi and you find you have a lot in common with a gay dude that was ran off a town because they thought he was a werewolf...

>Going on Sup Forums

That's beautiful

Pope roots out all the gays, Twitter-umblr loses its fucking mind.

>tfw comcast sent me a dmca warning too
I downloaded the english subtitles though and it was based

I can't wait until amerilards ruin this show with their uneducated opinions

Explain for non-US resident, how did that even work?

Why are you such a bully? Many of us already watched and enjoyed it.

IPs are tracked when people download torrents with public trackers. The copyright owners trace those IPs to the ISP and issue them a warning which they have to pass on to their subscriber.

Dumb fucks with no VPN

(You) have been around Catholicism in the last 600 years.

AmeriCANs already watched this show

AmeriLARDS are waiting for it to air.

Anyway, how did Lenny catch voiello's blackmail plot?

what is standard operating procedure after you get a DCMA warning? asking for a friend

you can take a chance and ignore them or start using a proxy to download torrents. if you get a good vpn subscription some of them have their own proxy servers just for that reason (Private Internet Access comes to mind)

>Anyway, how did Lenny catch voiello's blackmail plot?

He had everybody under watch the same way Voiello had him under watch. Lenny's a resourceful guy

Full kit wanker.

It's even customized!

I don't care since I don't torrent new stuff that often anyway. I usually use mega links for new stuff but the blogs were taking forever to put up links for The Young Pope for some reason so I resorted to torrent. I've torrented plenty of old tv shows and movies with no problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU

what's wrong with wearing full/customized kits

this thread was there yesterday

the retarded kid was his mole

>retarded

He was just a jolly fella what's ure problem?

do you want me to pray to god?

i don't mean it as an insult, just faster than to type mentally challenged

>even voiello wont tell him what they did to the fake healer dude

cmon now, i want to know

This...

Is anyone else satisfied with only one season airing? I'm afraid about that second season guys.

in for a rough 2 months, I see

>Mfw the pope dislikes gays and makes Abortion unforgivable causing the FEMEN to sperg out and kill his lovely peaceful Kangaroo like a bunch of witches

>he will never be your pope

JDIMSA

>the same face the cardinals had when they realized just who they had elected pope

Pretty much.
>tfw want season 2, but the ending to season 1 was kino and it might go the way of True Detective's second season

Do Normie's really think this show is going to be some hip coo! Portrayal of a Pope who.has sex and shit?

He's the most conservative person in the show.

>Think about kangaroos. They carry their young around on their stomach pouch and protect them from harm.

>The FEMEN are angry at The Pope because he refuses to forgive Abortion.

>They sneak in to his garden and kill the Kangaroo.

The pope was on his holiday villa when the FEMEN sneaked in.

The kangaroo was in The Vatican.

As long as Sorrentino's writing and directing everything again there's little chance of that.

Still, it would be great as a one off.

Americans are gonna drop this after two episodes. Screencap this.

can confirmed, im living among those shitters so i know
protestant plebs cant handle catholic kino

It is a documentary then?? I might watch it.

can someone ID those shoes

Stop being obsessed with America.

>catholic kino

We already have that though :)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_shoes
oh no nigga, they not gonna sell it for you

Same. Based Voiello.

VOIELLO'D

maaaaaan fuck that

I need those for the club

>This was the last time they spoke as friends. Voiello is standing in the dark, Sister Mary is standing in the light

Why do americans have to ruin everything?

confirmed not having seen the show

This legitimately makes me a bit mad.

I hope tumblr doesn't attack this show as ""problematic"".

>best show in the history of tv hasn't been released in his country yet
>hasn't looked up the kino director
>makes fun of its premise for tweeter points
>probably will never know how wrong he is

I still can't believe that shit won best picture

the jews is all im gonna say

Did voiello fuck that girl?

blasphemy

What girl?