I finally bothered to listen to Ariel Pink

I finally bothered to listen to Ariel Pink

Holy fuck, I thought this guy was just a meme rapper all these years; I didn't know could actally make music

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/search/text/piano part credited'/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I thought this guy was just a meme rapper all these years

He's one of the few modern artists I'm actually excited about. I hope you enjoy exploring his music!

me too!

based fantano for introducing me to him

I don't know if this sounds cliche but I can't think of another artist whose music encapsulates the very essence of LA better than Ariel Pink. It's embedded in all his music but most prominent on Before Today

ive known him before meme rap eve existed

Fantano said that james off the new MGMT was an ariel pink rip off. What ariel pink to listen to if i liked james a lot?

can he actually make music though? or is he just slapping a bunch of dissonant shit together and people think it's some serious theory going on?

Probably the album Before Today. Songs like Round and Round and Fright Night (Nevermore).

Ariel is one of my favorite musicians. I hope you enjoy.

The idea of hypnogogic pop probably at the roots of what gave birth to vaporwave

He is like the millennial velvet undergound

Just fucking listen to your copy of Gettin' High in the Morning and tell me you've heard anything like it... I've always contended that Foily Foibles marks the libertaion of the musical detial from within the standardized frameork of pop music... The small section proceding the chorous is much more like a compacted execercise in free modal (in this case pentatonic) counterpoint than it is pop-melody-over-chords... And most importantly... Following what I belive is the paramount task of pop music... Its fucking catchy...

Listen to me babble like a moron... Please, please forgive me. I just didn't want to write something negative this time... I wanted write about something I like, the music of Ariel Pink comes to mind immediately... Please forgive me if I sound pedantic... Please.... I don't mean to... Okay. Okay. Listen, listen. They're bearing down. I know... I know... But they're bearing down right behind us. What are you talking about? Listen to the theht eh....

haha it's all good, i probably listened to him like 10 years ago and then never really bothered again (other than that album that came out last year). i've been listening to some stuff since this post, and i'm enjoying it more than i did 10 years ago. i think probably because i have gotten into more weird avant-garde stuff snice than (Renaldo & The Loaf particularly). i think the lo-fi turned me off back then too, but obviously lo-fi has become pretty big over the past 10 years.

Rip off is an exaggeration by Fantano. Ariel def has an influence tho

he's what Kurt Cobain would be now if Cobain was still alive.

in fact, the fucker probably did fake it and Ariel Pink probably IS Kurt Cobain after some surgical work and all.

Which one of you did this? I know you're in here. Show yourself, coward.

what songs has he actually plagarized? i always hear this but i've never seen any examples

rbt.asia/mu/search/text/piano part credited'/

its been posted a million times

are you insane? kurt cobain's shit was so boring and straightforward in comparison..

i'm going through all the examples and not hearing anything more than vague similarities. there's definitely something there but i wouldn't call it stealing. his songs are still very different from the songs they're being compared to

Who is this asuka cosplay?

Because it's bullshit. The only ones that have any validity are Sexual Athletics, but that's clearly a parody, Dedicated to Bobby Jameson, but the organ makes it clear what he's trying to evoke on that song, and Bubblegum Dreams, which id say is a fair example of a rip off. And he guy's written hundreds and hundreds of songs. It's one of the most asinine claims.

I hate just looking at the guy

it's called pastice

pastiche*

>a meme rapper

a meme rapper? what the actual fuck? have you even read anything about him or just seen his purple hair?

Sounds like shit

best to worst releases imo (what i've heard so far):
1. the doldrums
2. worn copy
3. lover boy
4. duh
5. house arrest
5. pom pom
6. before today
7. bobby jameson
8. scared famous
9. mature themes