Wife asks me if I will stop listening to anything but Christian music

>Wife asks me if I will stop listening to anything but Christian music
>Literally asked if I will give up on all music, one of my life's passions, for a single shitty genre
>Christian music
>Chris Tomlin bullshit

I could not even, Sup Forums. We go to church and I play in the worship band that does covers of popular christian rock songs, but I only do it to play with other people. I have never heard any of the songs we play before I figure them out the day of practice, only like 3 aren't dumb as fuck.

It's like asking a chef to only make hamburgers, or a mathematician to only use addition and subtraction. It was the most basic bitch question I've ever been asked in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnrOwiYqTcc
youtube.com/watch?v=TacNIbmDZ4s
youtube.com/watch?v=wc2vV-v802s
youtube.com/watch?v=towXzxmqkT0
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9WHaSKlgU
youtube.com/watch?v=kWCVIb_ku_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7F7TVM8m95Y
youtu.be/HIe4u8nBfh0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ofz0iJQd-xU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much you take her up on her word and actively listen to only Christian music that DOESN’T suck?

youtube.com/watch?v=DnrOwiYqTcc

youtube.com/watch?v=TacNIbmDZ4s

youtube.com/watch?v=wc2vV-v802s

Go out of your way to blast Sister Ray as loud as possible.

If you were a real christian you wouldn't have any doubts
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgjks3GwAM

Tell her you can't do it. Limiting yourself of exposure to art for religious reasons is lame as fuck, it's not a sin to enjoy non-Christian music.

I'm not a true Christian, I only go for her. I honestly don't have very much faith at all. It's not a cuck situation, sometimes they have good messages, it's a wholesome community for my kids to be in and I have some good friends I met from the church. I just don't ever talk about faith with them, only bow my head and say amen when they say to. I won't admit I am not a true Christian, but I won't try to be a leader or anything either.

just tell her you do only listen to christin music anyway and then make up some lousy explanaton for the lyrics

How bland and boring is it to just listen to Christian music for the rest of your life? Sure the "message" might be good, but its the same one you get in church every Sunday. Art can represent religion but they are not mutually exclusive.

Out of curiosity OP, did any particular thing spark that comment?

Tell her you will but only if you both listen to Bach exclusively

I consider myself a Christian. Go to church, pray, all that good stuff. Christian music sucks donkey balls. I like k-pop. :^)

I used to play on my youth group's worship band so I know the feel of playing all the incredibly dumb songs that all only use G C D and Em. Just tell your wife to fuck of. Also give a listen to some artists like Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan that made christian music.

My favourite Christian band is The Jesus Lizard

What's her reasoning behind you only listening to Goddo music, anyway?

divorce desu
>I like k-pop
then you're definitely going to hell

Really? Mine's the Jesus and Mary Chain.

>chris tomlin
wew lad that's a name I haven't heard since 2005. used to be kinda big into him when I was still going to church

I'm pretty partial to The Rapture

Neat label, but tons of musicians used to be Christian and it wasn't a big deal.

youtube.com/watch?v=towXzxmqkT0

youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9WHaSKlgU

Now it's novelty / niche type stuff, that 'contemporary' music, since God is banned everywhere these days... so obviously not much to work with.

Mine's probably Eric Bibb and Needed Time. I love old black gospel music too

patrish

serious question: why believe in christianity over any of the other equally plausible organized belief systems? is it actually just because of the way you were brought up? because that seems like a pretty ignorant way to decide the course of your life

>God is banned everywhere
I wanna think you're memeing, but I know you absolutely do believe this. I'd like to kindly inform you that no, (mentioning) God not banned.

marry that woman OP

you can take solace in knowing a woman like that will never cheat on you for tyrone

Depends on the company.
I've seen the shadow of death pass over the countenance of many at the mere mention of the Name, Jesus.

In most circumstances, He is banned.
And so am I with Him.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWCVIb_ku_Y

seei'm genuinely curious

I know well the power of God.
I have passed through death and more and have no doubt. I can't attest to anyone else's faith.

TOO BUSY SUCKIN ON MY DING DONG

Thanks baby shrimp dick

>I know well the power of God.
ok sure but how do you know it's the christian god?
>I have passed through death and more
what do you mean by this? are you actually one of those people who died and then got resuscitated?

repent and do what she says, swine

Yee and I've survived tortures that none want to hear and I will take with me.
I know His voice, and He knows me.
I speak with Jesus always.
He is not a God of the dead, but of the living. At the Resurrection, you will see... or before, you can believe that you may see. Ask Him.

It sounds like this is just the next step in a problem that goes much deeper than just music

>christian rock
Why is that where your mind goes when you hear christian music?

Listen to this instead: youtube.com/watch?v=7F7TVM8m95Y

do you get to play creed?

youtu.be/HIe4u8nBfh0
"It's like asking a chef to only make hamburgers"
More like asking a chef to only make the finest quality dishes known to man.

that statue makes me cry if i look at it too long
lord jesus christ son of god have mercy on us sinners

overrated imo

he's baiting you. the only people who believe in God are right wingers and their children who don't know any better

This. I forsee some serious problems in your future, OP

>not being particularly religious AND still marrying some kind of fundamentalist
You've got no one to blame but yourself. You should have had this discussion long before you got married, and you should have realized it was never going to be okay for you to just sort of be into her religion.

In her eyes, you're doing the same shit back to her by refusing to be more Christian. Both of you have powerful, opposing beliefs, and you should have addressed this shit long before you ever even thought about getting married. But, you didn't - you glossed over it because you were obsessed with a sensation or because you didn't want the inconvenience to interfere with your positive feelings. You lied to yourself and her, and now you're booty-blasted because consequences.

You've only got one real option at this point: explain to her how little faith you've actually got and how little interest you actually have in being a Christian; how important your music is to you; and that you aren't willing to convert yourself deeper into her beliefs while giving up completely on yours. You'll either come to a compromise between the two of you, or you'll be another failed marriage because two idiots got in over their heads without thinking about how serious the commitment actually was.

Regardless, you reap what you sow.

>god is banned, especially at work
>most observed federal holidays are christian holidays
>you can literally keep a bible on your desk, and asking you not to is Equal Protection violation
>you can discuss your religious belief as much as you want, as long as you arent some smarmy fuck trying to proselytize or you arent telling other people they are wrong
>god is banned, guys
Fuck off, fundie.

How come you people can't see?
It's so weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ofz0iJQd-xU

Pax tibi