Sci fi done right

Nah, that's just visualkino. Sci-fi, imo, should be more plot-relevant, and more coherent than that. I don't have to understand all the science, but it should at least flow logically.

The good Star Treks, I guess? Minority's Report was cool, if that counts.

However, aren't there kinda two versions of Sci-Fi? The ""science"" kind that tend to be realistic, if not in our reality, and the sci-fi+fantasy ones like Star Wars?

I wonder if I'm the only person to notice this

>Done right
>"if we reverse the polarity of a camera it becomes a proyector"

I just hated that the science guy was literally able to make anything from anything.

>Man-made ghosts created from the astrally projected nervous systems of kidnapped Moldovians, that are allergic to ceramic and are defeated by a DARPA egghead who builds an entire arsenal of prototype plasma rifles for like 60 soldiers in a couple of hours using some spare parts and a blowtorch.

Is this really what it's about?

I was going to see it because Emily Mortimer is qt.

>mcuck

creative and fun to watch, enjoyed it

but why iron and ceramics stop BEC

what about steel, in bullet?

how come when ghost run into tank it doesn't get stuck in the steel and ceramics?

how come they make DEWs overnight when US military has been working on them for years without one so simple and handheld?

bunch of cringy stuff desu

Perfect description user.
It's OK but I'd give it a pass user.

>Hollywood remake
>$180m budget
>Mark Wahlberg
>MOLDOVIAN FUCKING SHITS

It was okay. Nothing special.
The visuals were cool though. Neat idea too.

>Bose-Einstein condensate things
That was cool. Just angry ghosts were lame as fuck. I wish they'd switched from ghosts to science monsters like half an hour into the movie.

She plays a qt CIA agent. You should still watch.

It's called "Hard Sci-fi" and no, you're not the only one who notices. Those who read sci-fi luterature have been dividing the genre into sub categories for years.

Because steel is demagnetised during the tempering process. Do you know nothing about metallurgy or forging? Kill yourself.

he put McGuyver to shame

it was ok story was kinda out there though
special effects were surprisingly pretty great

no you insufferable tard

first off, the movie made no statement at all on being ferromagnetic and stopping BEC, as shown by the ceramic which may or may not be magnetic

second off, yes steel is demagnetized once it reaches a certain temperature, but it regains its magnetism once it drops below another threshold, which although I don't know the exact numbers is still way above room temperature

fuck off

It was shit

kek

Pic not fucking related