Always Sunny

Why were the first few seasons so good and why have the last few seasons been so shit?

More importantly will Season 12 be an improvement?

For season 12 Rob McElhenny replaced many of the writers with "woman and people of colour" just for the sake of it. The first episode proved it, and because of this move to appease SJW's I'd imagine most of this season will be shitty.

RIP Always sunny. You were this best.

>Rob McElhenny replaced many of the writers with "woman and people of colour" just for the sake of it
citation needed
and before you bring up the tweet that we've all seen there's no way that a show as big as Sunny would cut writers just for """""diversity"""""

They just shouldn't have tackled politics at all, the episode had a few funny moments but the BLM argument at the beginning and Charlie getting shot felt out of place with the rest of the episode just like Frank talking about gay rights at the beginning of Mac Fights Gay Marriage. But there have certainly been worse episodes (Frank Falls Out A Window)

>there's no way that a show as big as Sunny would cut writers just for """""diversity"""""

Are you retarded?

Pic related answers all your questions

All shows become shit if they run long enough

The show has gone from literally being filmed on camcorders to highway billboards. The number of people involved in its production is skyocketing. Prove to me he was talking about cutting people and not just adding them.

Poop on the shoes! Poop on the shoes dude!

Because people run out of ideas.

Look this is how all comedy shows go:

Usually the first season is unpolished and rusty, but tend to show if there is somethint worth keeping.

Seasons 2 - 5/6 are the golden age where the writers have got their craft down and they can develop ideas free and create great humor

Season 7-9 the writers begin to run out of ideas, use weak ideas or regurgitate old ones. Can be funny moments and episodes but the sickness has set it

Seasons 10+ : If a show has lastest this long the original creatirs probably don't care about the artistry anymore but are obviously getting paid good money otherwise the show would be cancelled. Droves of talentless writers are shipped in to make episodes en masse to appeal to the widest base possible to cash in on their orevious success before the studios realise the show has junped the shark and gets cancelled

ALL Comedies

Seasons 7 and 8 had a lot of promise with them starting to go off the deep end and Fat Mac, I didn't think it was really until Season 9 that the show started to lose steam

Because, as they've said, the majority of their staff is women and feminist men.

wrong.

>F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Just be glad we will always have seasons 2 - 7.

Celebrate them.

Not that guy but I saw him say that on Twitter

Except the first episode was written by Rob, Charlie and Glenn.

>avoid S12E01 talk
>just see Sup Forums hates it
>watch it yesterday
>it's funny
>realize Sup Forums just hates they didn't condemn BLM

The show has been running for a long time, user. Most comedies go to shit around season 6/7 since they use up all their best ideas and the same unfortunately happened to Sunny.

If anything, it's suffered the same problem as Archer where having the same writers (Main 3 + David Hornsby) for so many years has resulted in them relying too much on callbacks and running out of original ideas.

So really, getting new writers wouldn't be a bad thing for the show. For example, Hunter Covington was a new writer who wrote "Mac and Dennis Move to the Suburbs", which most people would agree to be the highlight of last season.

the recent seasons haven't been as good but they have still been good
Probably the best comedy of the modern era post-Arrested Development

The new episode was weird as shit, and not amongst the best Always Sunny episodes, but still was pretty funny

Marathoned s11 yesterday and noticed a significant decline in quality of show overall. Still an above average comedy and there were some great episodes, especially finale pt 2 and the frank pov one. I really didnt like the suburbs episode much.

but season 9 was great and better than anything after season 5 and before 3

The Gang Virtue Signals

how am I supposed to enjoy this show knowing the cast don't have a puritanical christian view on homosexuality?

>The Gang Triggers Sup Forums

the characters literally dont give a shit about mac being gay?

Mel Gibson says mean things about blacks and jews while never referencing it in any of his art
>BASED MEL SUCH A GOOD DIRECTOR HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS

Literally anyone famous promotes a left leaning topic while never referencing in any of their art
>WHAT THE FUCK DROPPED HOW DARE THEY TRY TO BRAINWASH AMERICA

manlet brigade

always short in philadelphia

This is where you learn that people have different opinions.

DeVito is four foot ten and the guys are clearly at least a foot taller than him

Sort of been watching it on an off. Just watched The Nightman Cometh. Really surprised to realise that parts of the song was made/shown early on before the actual musical.

How many other shows do this with this much planning and prep before the big reveal like that?

Suburbs was great but I think the episode you see through Frank's eyes is one of the best from the last few seasons.

The song was already a part of an earlier episode and they made it the basis of the musical, it had nothing to do with planning or hinting at it early

Looks like episode 1 was just the boys

And the director is white too

My god you guys are sad

Episode 3 reeks of being shit

Triggered manlet

I also thought season 10 was mostly great with two horrible episodes...the only seasons I would say are objectively shitty are last season and season 7 and 8

>why are later seasons shit?

It's probably just because they ran out of material. After a dozen fucking seasons, there's only so much you can do with a concept.

I like to humiliate guys! Sure! I’m no different than those guys are now, man. Like I used to be the same way. I used to dress guys up like bananas and walk them around the quad.

Or, I’d take a banana and stick it up some guy’s ass in front of his best friend, and I’d be like "Hey! Banana ass! Wh– how ya doin’?"

Or maybe I’d like, uhhh, I’d like take the tip of my penis and stick it in a guy’s mouth for like, just a second! You know what I mean, while he was sleeping. AH HA HA HA HA HA! I'm all about that shit!

But you don’t stun gun a guy who was a goddamn legend! Those guys, they need to recognize that shit! I was a f-- I was a trailblazer! These kids these days in fraternities, it’s like they don’t have any respect. They don’t care about anybody but themselves, you know? And I don’t understand that. It’s like they live in a fantasy world where "Oh no, there's no consequences for my actions. I can do whatever the hell I want! And treat people however the hell I wanna treat 'em!" And I don’t get that.

Here are some episode concepts I came up with

Poppins meets Jack Bauer
The gang kidnaps Cormen again
Country Macs not dead
Mac walks a mile in Franks shoe
Dee Day
The gang gets punked at Love Park
The gang gets high

KEK, it's coming

>redditcuck triggered again

Seriously, once I finished season 7 I knew it was over even before I saw season 8. There was absolutely no way they could top it. They should have ended it there

I'm pro BLM but the last episode just wasnt funny at all. Props to them for ambition in making it a musical I guess.
Charlie getting shot felt really out of place and weird though. Like what was the reaction meant to be? Haha it's funny cause black children were shot?

LITTLE IDIOTS!!! IDIOTS!!!!!

Kill yourself

this

that season was pretty great and how could you ever hope to top the great High School reunion meltdown

(the Gang Dines Out was the only season 8 episode that's worthy)

Reynolds v. Reynolds and The Gang gets Analyzed were good

quick, name a show that was flawless and had 12 or more seasons

The more recent seasons have too many call-backs to earlier seasons. Some is fine but instead of taking the show in new directions they just retread the same old jokes. Like yeah toe knife, rum ham were funny jokes but throwing them back in didn't add anything beyond LOL REMEMBER THIS? They've become more ambitious with their formats (charlie work, being frank, etc) which at least keeps me watching

desu seasons 8 through 11 are worth it for the 10/10 episodes scattered throughout like Mac Day or Mac and Dennis Move To the Suburbs even if they're not as solid gold as the others
Hopefully they keep it going this season though

Can't do it desu
It's not unusual that Sunny is in a rocky patch it's just disappointing after they were so good for so long

The Gang Goes to a Water Park sounds promising.
Hero or Hate Crime might be divisive.

Seinfeld

closest I could get was Frasier but that only ran for 11 seasons

9 seasons m8y

Detective Conan. 800 episodes of mystery kino.

FRIENDS was never good.

Yes, that's why I laughed

The newest seasons are some of the best.

The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award is probably the smartest episode the show has ever made.

What are the rules?

That was 3 seasons ago.

The self-awareness was breddy gud and Charlies"Go fuck yourselves" song was an instant classic

Red Green
MASH
NCIS

>it's funny
No, it isn't, and that's why nobody liked it. Stop using politics to shield how bad it was.

>season 9
>better than season 2
Low quality bait

>season 7
>bad
What does it feel like to have shit taste?

>Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare
Franks Fluids LLC is in big trouble after a news segment shows Wolf Cola has become the official drink of Boko Haram.

This one sounds like it's going to be good.

>Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
An episode filmed in the true crime style of "Making a Murderer" and "The Jinx" which begins with 911 call: A cat-woman formerly known as Maureen Ponderosa has been found dead in an alley and Dennis is the prime suspect.

Not sure how I feel about this one, especially with the spoiler.

Am I seriously the only one that doesn't like Mac Day? I thought it fucking sucked. The only good part was when Frank Day begins and he dumps Country Macs ashes in the toilet

I thought it was a middling episode, not the best or the worst of that season. Without Country Mac I probably would have hated it (RIP)

>Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare
Yet another episode where they have to resort to old jokes to stay afloat
See:
>Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo
>McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century
>Psycho Pete Returns
>The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6

Reminder that none of these episodes are better than a solid 4/10

The wolf cola was alright, but the rest you are correct about.

The only "new" episodes I thought were close to the quality of S2-S5 were The Gang Group Dates and Charlie Catches a Leprechaun.

CharDee MacDennis was at least a 7/10 just for the entire war dance sequence and the accents
Also the entire gang dancing to Psycho Killer is the best opener in the show's history

You are delusional. Theres nothing wrong with having callbacks, in fact it reward fans who have stuck with the show. kys yourself sperg.

3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 7 > 9 > 1 > 6 > 8 > 10 > 11

Thoughts?

>Season 6 race commentary
>One of the funniest episodes of the entire show and one of the most nuanced, making subtle commentary on the acceptance of Native American racism in media and the potential racism of how Murtagh is portrayed even in the original movies, among others
>Season 12 race commentary
>Dude being black is harder than being white in America lmao
wdhmbt?

>rewards the fans
Go fuck yourself. While callbacks are indeed fine, they're NOT fine when they're calling back only because they have no new material. For example, Psycho Pete was funny because he was an urban legend that cut his family to pieces. They literally ruined the joke by giving a face to the name and making the legend not true. Chardee MacDennis 2, they ruined what fans thought of the game and it was clear that they were just cashing in on one of their most popular ideas. Lethal Weapon 6: literally unwatchable, I don't even need to say more.

5 > 4 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 8 > 1 > 6 > 10 > 9 > 11
Most of them are still 10/10 though

7>5>4>6>3>2>8>1>9>10>11

implying you remember all of them enough to be able to make a comparison like that

Frank Falls Out The Window is nothing but callback jokes and it's one of the worst episodes in the series, let alone that season

It's called looking at the list of episodes retard

Hate to be that guy, but I have literally watch always sunny so many times that I can remember every episode from every season

Agreed. The only seasons that weren't actually good were the last 2 desu

Why do you hate 11? I thought it was the best season since 6.

Gotta come clean, Maureen Ponderosa is fucking awful and the turning-into-a-cat joke wasn't funny so I'm glad to see her go.
Wolf Cola wasn't a funny joke either but the synopsis has some promise

you are a literal retard.

>triggered trumplets lose their shit and trash their basements because m-muh god emprur's name got mentioned in a tv show
>waaah they're all sjws now waaaah *spams tweet image*
>waaah i'm so thin-skinned and insecure i can't take a single joke that triggered my tender sensibilities*
altright-SJWs are worse than the original

Nice argument.

>he doesn't think suicide is badass

That's not hard to do.

show literally hasn't been great since S4, S6 is when it stopped being worth watching entirely

this stupid meme again

the show sucked when funny and talented writers were replaced by unfunny and untalented writers

I've watched season 11 a couple of times. I still don't remember anything from them. That's why. They obviously weren't good enough to leave an impression. I did really enjoy Charlie Catches a Leprechaun though.

the Archer writers haven't had an original idea since Sealab

>The Gang Hits the Road
>The Gang Wrestles for the Troops
>Mac and Dennis Break Up
>The DENNIS system
Yeah, fuck you, season 5 is great

all top tier eps
>The Gang Hits the Road
my FOAT episode