So its rather hard to have a prog thread without a slew of dadrockers shitposting that so and so isn't prog...

So its rather hard to have a prog thread without a slew of dadrockers shitposting that so and so isn't prog, or prog died out or whatever. I genuinely would like to be introduced to some prog from this millenium without all of that bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4BWYdoeOrmg
youtu.be/429CnpmOSBk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Keu5BOK3s
youtube.com/watch?v=woI6t8dCQcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=926fiS2kvt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All prog is dadrock.
That being said, pic related and Tool's Lateralus are great prog records from the current millenium.

Prog is literally the most reddit genre around nerd

FAKE NEWS

bump, but Sup Forums is just a pool of people who want to argue so its difficult to have a good thread without everyone ruining it. Check out Native Construct, they came out with their first album last year and it sounds great. The whoe album has a really cool concept that flows through each song. Some might not like it but overall its a neat album.

You're thinking of hip-hop.

>they came out with their first album last year
Quiet World came out in 2015, though.

I mean yeah Frances is TMV's best album but all of their stuff is really good too

youtube.com/watch?v=4BWYdoeOrmg

proggy, krauty. hella underrated

Oh shit really? My bad, why did I think it came out last year?

Prog isn't popular what so ever on reddit. Reddit only like Queen, Radiohead, and Kendrick Lamar

Saying prog is dead is mostly true though. Yeah there is a bit of worthwhile modern prog but for the most part the best of the genre is all from the 70s. Everything past that is either progressive metal or borrows so heavily from the 70s classics that you might as well just listen to Yes and King Crimson.

One of the few modern prog bands that didn't just jack off to the 70's shit. I mean, I do love the 70's stuff but goddamn it's meant to be PROGRESSIVE rock, like its sound is meant to progress as time goes on.

Just listen to some math rock, dude.

post rock could've been a continuation of prog if explosions in the sky didn't exist

1st wave post rock bands are so far from the original prog bands. I dont understand this statement at all

>from this millenium
Why limit yourself like this?

I'm not trying to start an argument but prog recorded with analog equipment from the 70's is pretty much a separate genre to post 2000's prog, so why even bring it up. If a band like Wobbler for instance plays in the style of older bands, they are still a prog band. The term progressive rock doesn't mean the genre is meant to "progress as time goes on" at all.

as in: rock music that was a completely new sound, hence the progressive
prog rock bands should have a unique sound, if they don't then they suck at being progressive

This is sick. Thanks dude.

see: youtu.be/429CnpmOSBk

My personal favorite. youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Keu5BOK3s

Just because the world needs more Gavin Harrison in it. youtube.com/watch?v=woI6t8dCQcQ

Only their 90s work such as Up The Downstairs and The Sky Moves Sideways is prog

Ziggomatic v17 is prog. Fite me.
youtube.com/watch?v=926fiS2kvt8

I don't fight the mentally impaired.