What is Sup Forums's favorite Frank Zappa album? Why...

What is Sup Forums's favorite Frank Zappa album? Why? I've started getting into him lately and I'd appreciate some suggestions.

>mfw I just assumed that was Frank on the cover and found out it wasn't

Apostrophe, Absolutely Free, and We're Only In It For The Money are my current favorites of the ones i know.

I've given a listen to Apostrophe a couple times. Disn't really enjoy the first side that much. If it wasn't for the second side I don't think I'd like it that much

Absolutely Free so hard. Zappa's 60's period really rewards going through chronologically I find, thought after Uncle Meat you can haphazard your way through it.

I've only fully listened to Lumpy Gravy when it comes to 60s Zappa, I'll try out the rest of it later tonight

Oh shit check out Freak Out! as soon as possible to be honest. It's fucking amazing.

Same

IT’S ST ALPHONZO PANCAKE BREAKFAST

anyone know who that actually this?

joes garage is good

over-nite sensation

Speaking of that, I found an LP of Act 1 in a record store yesterday and I ordered 2 & 3 this morning. It's definitely a fun listen.

Miss Christine/Christine Frka.

Make sure to give You Are What YouIs a listen after hearing a few other Zappa albums first. It may very well come to be your favorite, but it's heard in the context of what else Frank did before the '80s.

Thanks!

Roxy & Elsewhere is the best out of both live and studio material.

Burnt Weeny Sandwich and Weasels Ripped My Flesh are longtime favorites, they sound like they were a lot of fun to record.

(Nice Trips)
I like Freak Out, but if you're a beginner, I would only listen to the first two songs on side three, and wait til you listened to a lot of Zappa before attempting side four. Sides one and two are fine for beginners. (But make sure you get the original vinyl. The C.D. re-issue is a piece of shit!)

this album blows my fucking mind. he fucking reinvents the late-60s shit but with his 80s band so Ike Willis and Vai and Ray White it's just fucking incredible. so underrated.

Pic related is not my favorite (One Size Fits All is) but it's 100% without a doubt the most underrated.

Joes garage, although its really the only full album I've listened to from him. I really like Watermelon in easter hay.

Acts I, II & III

Hot Rats + everything here My favorite is pic related

Used to be either One Size Fits All or Roxy & Elsewhere, really enjoying Absolutely Free right now though, also the Yellow Shark too.