Other shows may be more objectively better, but Fringe is still my favorite show of all time

Other shows may be more objectively better, but Fringe is still my favorite show of all time.

Rewatching it now, realizing just how many lines seem to be left intentionally ambiguous to allow for what we think of people referring to a war against alternate universes to actually refer to a war against Observers. One of the few shows in history that seems to have at least had an idea of where it was going right from the very beginning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-YyEcIJzpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>had an idea of where it was going right from the very beginning.

nigger please, they ran out of money so they rushed the whole "we wuz frozen and now its the future" season.

>[n-word]
>we wuz
Why can't you behave yourself outside of your containment zone?

I think they had always planned the Observers, though. I've seen several lines while rewatching where the other side is referenced that could actually refer to observers. There's no reason for them to be so ambiguous.

one thing still bugs me, when they introduce the mimics it seemed like they were working for Walternate, then there was that part where things got reset by Peter being erased and suddenly they were working for someone else.

I mean both the shifters and Fauxlivia reported to the other side via the weird typewriter.

Season 4 is the weakest spot in the series because they had every indication they'd get cancelled after 3. I think they had a few concepts for how everything could go, but not enough time to fill everything out. I also tend to look at the show more as based around its themes rather than just purely logical connections. A lot of things connect emotionally or thematically but not logically, and I can live with that.

I'd love a movie but there's 0% chance of that.

Fringe is terrific and highly underrated. I only recently watched the show for the first time, and I cant believe it took me so long to give it a shot. What other shows have a similar vibe to Fringe?

Literally nothing, that's why it's so depressing it's gone.

Wish they'd done more serious Walter,I get it was a side of him he wasn't proud of but that's when his acting was the best.

Fringe has is definitely one the most well planned shows in term of plot line development.

The X-Files will be the closest you can get.

We got enough of Walternate for a contrast, I thought. The acting of both Anna Torv and John Noble was just great. I expected it from Noble being an old school stage actor type but I actually remember watching the show with Sup Forums and thinking Anna Torv was a terrible actress at first. Then we realized how well she was playing that damaged, emotionally shut off character and you just see her break through in S2 (with fauxlivia) and S3 as she works through her issues.

At first and in basic concept, yeah, everyone always goes to this. But in practice the shows actually aren't all that similar. I love X-Files but Fringe still does its characters and overall plot way better, and has a very different feel and focus.

The mimics were working for Walternate in both timelines, at least the mercury mimics were.

In the new timeline, David Robert Jones with the help of William Bell made more organic mimics that answered to them and not Walternate.

They both reported to the other side using a typewriter, but the William/David mimics used a different typewriter, mostly because William was the brains behind the typewriters in both universes because he was the one with the brains behind universal travel for the other side and the one who made the original mercury mimics.

It really is unfortunate that the show didn't take off. The characters and storyline were great.

I would say X-Files is the closest you'll get but it's definitely a downgrade compared to Fringe.

that isn't an observer

>n-work
just say nigger, you fucking idiot

>just say [n-word]
careful with those n bombs

It also led to one of my favourite jokes in Parks and Rec:
youtube.com/watch?v=8-YyEcIJzpI

What are your favorite moments from the series?

It was fine for the first 2 seasons, then it went off the deep end. I didn't even finish the last season because it was so stupid.

Also, the fact that they had 2 parallel universes and never had fun with it, or made any kind of jokes about it always annoyed me (see futurama on how to do that right).

>Also, the fact that they had 2 parallel universes and never had fun with it, or made any kind of jokes about it always annoyed me (see futurama on how to do that right).
Good one, user.

season 3 and 4 were full of the parallel universe stuff