Why do Men desire power above all else?

Why do Men desire power above all else?

Only thing they don't have within their grasp.

Because our lives are brief.

So you can do what you want and don't have to put up with some other power hungry assholes shit ideas.

>Galadriel literally only in Middle Earth so she can be a ruler
>Men are so power crazy!

What did she mean by this?

They desire the power to have the eagles fly them to Mordor

Typical SJW

Only white men do

Nice nitpicking. Also when presentes with supreme power, she rejects it.

With power you can make people suffer which is funny.

>only took her 7000 years to come to her senses

Such amazing wisdom.

Only because she had 5000 years of living in exile to realize her mistake

probably small white cocks

basically this. we aren't gifted like the elves or even the dwarves.

Death IS the gift.

Read the background lore before yapping about her character. "Galadriel and Celebrimbor" is a good start.

sad but true. how are you holding up, user?

Why did humans get 9 rings of power? More than any other race.

Because man was born with a hole in his heart that cannot be filled.

>Read the background lore

>She was proud, strong, and self-willed, as were all the descendants of Finwë save Finarfin; and like her brother Finrod, of all her kin the nearest to her heart, she had dreams of far lands and dominions that might be her own to order as she would without tutelage. Yet deeper still there dwelt in her the noble and generous spirit of the Vanyar, and a reverence for the Valar that she could not forget. From her earliest years she had a marvellous gift of insight into the minds of others, but judged them with mercy and understanding, and she withheld her goodwill from none save only Fëanor. In him she perceived a darkness that she hated and feared, though she did not perceive that the shadow of the same evil had fallen upon the minds of all the Noldor, and upon her own.

Power hungry people are usually sociopaths thus always confident so the muh compensation meme is just a meme made by stupid women who cant fathom that dicks arent the most important thing in the world.

Because man was more divided, looked to 9 rulers instead of 3 like the elves. Not to mention more easily manipulated by Sauron

That doesn't mean she just wanted to be super powerful. As I said, read the books. Also your own quote mentions it aswell.

She was nothing like the nine human kings.

Some gift

>the nine human kings.
THANK YOU for proving you haven't actually fucking read anything. The idea that the 9 Ringwraiths were all kings is a JACKSON ONLY INVENTION. Of what little Tolkien said of them as they once were, he says instead that some of them BECAME kings.

Last post you get troll.

SWC detected

>so desperate he literally has to nitpick single words

>Sauron gavenine Rings of Powerto powerful mortalMen. It is said that three of the Nine were lords ofNúmenorcorrupted by Sauron,[1]and one was a king among theEasterlings.

So yeah, powerful men, lords, two kings etc. Anyway my point is still valid.

A magic user will never undestand.

Just because in real life men want power so that just carries over to Middle Earth

They possess will instead of merely being notes in Iluvatar's music, which is why their final destination beyond death is a mystery to all.

I don't know what any of that means

Some of the Nine were good men before their corruption.

Galadriel was forewarned of the nature of the Ring that was in her grasp, was with it only a short time, and she still almost tried to claim it.

Yeah that's right. Wanna fight about it, hippy?

You need to increase your will

Cuz that's how you attract bitches

So what happens to elves after death?

This unironically. Whenever you're in a group of guys, all getting along, everyone starts trying to form a pecking order and dominate one another once a female enters the mix.

Women shouldn't be allowed freedom.

They don't die

Oops meant

They can die from violence. They hang out in the Halls of Mandos being bored for eternity.

all the powerhungry dickass elves were killed off ages ago

humans may do stupid shit from time to time but none of them has gone full feanor

>Women shouldn't be allowed freedom.
Spotted the one that always ends up on the bottom of the pecking order.

Feanor did nothing wrong. If the dumbass Valar had just listened none of what happened would have transpired.

>Who is Ar-Pharazôn

it took Sauron himself to drive him over the edge
and even in his stupidity, he never went full Feanor

>it took Sauron himself to drive him over the edge
As opposed to Fëanor, who was manipulated by fucking Melkor? Furthermore, before Sauron came Númenóreans were in full asshole mode.

>and even in his stupidity, he never went full Feanor
He was much, much worse than and even in his stupidity, he never went full Fëanor

>this slave morality
Valinor was Numenor's property, they just hadn't yet bothered to attain power over it.

All Melkor did was steal his shiny baubles
everything that followed was pure Feanor being fucking Feanor

she literally says "I do not deny that my heart has long desired this" as she reaches out to the Ring, shaking like a leaf as she struggles with all her might to fight down the urge to rip it out of Frodo's hand

she had a very strong will to power, and had other character flaws like pride and stubbornness. she has a lot of virtues too, and is a kind-hearted person, but her flaws round out her character and make her interesting

>If we go to the land where immortal beings live we will also become immortal
Is that the "fucking retarded" morality?

Never mind, completely done responding to people who haven't read the fucking books.

> And they mourned not more for the death of the Trees than for the marring of Feanor: of the works of Melkor one of the most evil.

>she had a very strong will to power,
>character flaw

FUCKING CHRISTIAN ÜNTERMENSCHEN REEEEEE

literally only because she was scared of being tainted senpai

>If we go to the land where immortal beings live we will also become immortal
>Is that the "fucking retarded" morality?
Worst thing that could happen is they'd die.

>you will never worship Galadriel as Great Queen of all the Earth

Because power is way cooler than shiny things. The entire history of middle earth is dickheads fighting over who gets the shiniest things.

and you are aware that sentence was written as if penned down by an elven historian/mythology writer right?

truth behind the myth is that while without melkor's influence he'd not have done those things, the capacity for the was always inside him and the actions he took were his own choice

>all these "rings of power"
>the most powerful one of all and all it does is make you invisible
what a bunch of lamesauce
tolkien was a hack

They all do that and only that if you have no idea how to use them.

I know this is bait but I like feeling smart about useless shit.

>give me a ring of unspeakable power
>I'm NOT supposed to use it

Seriously?

what do they do if you know how to use them?

Oops, trip left on by accident. I'm using it for legit purposes on another board I swear.

Galadriel was the closest of any of the elves to turning evil.

Elrond never even considered keeping the One Ring, but she was literally moments away from grabbing it and conquering the world before she stopped herself.

because power gets your dick wet

you can do shit like in that one scene where Frodo scares off Golum by briefly turning into warrior-king clad in white robes with a wheel of fire on his chest where the Ring normally would be

Depends on the ring. Render you immaterial and quasi invulnerable, heighten your senses, give you an aura of fear and power, control over fire or water, prolong the lives of things of your choosing. All kinds of stuff.

master lorefag reporting in, ask me anything

What are the doors of night made out of?

How did Tolkien reconcile the fact that he wanted the story to be a lost history of earth but he proceeded to add the sun and moon as former fruit of giant trees?

why's silmarillion so boring
i tried to read it like 3 times and fell asleep each time

Why wouldn't Iluvatar just share the secret fire

why didn't the eagles just fly to mt doom and drop the ring in?

Why is she so perfect?

will i ever get a gf?

Thicc bae or thin bae?

>Why do Men desire power above all else?
To have sex with many women.

>Tolkien has such a fucking massive hardon towards the elves
>even smithing which is a dwarf mastery can be done best by the elves

fucking Tolkien

I always hate that shit in muh fantasy games
>dwarven smithing is legendary, in-lore
>completely identical or inferior to top tier human/elven gear

how do you feel when the dwarves ARE elves?

I feel like I shouldn't believe his lies

> Worst thing that could happen is they'd die

Or be entombed for most of eternity beneath a hill until you've probably turned into one of those beef jerky people in a From Software game, before you shuffle forth as cannon fodder in the final battle.

Dude should have rang them up first before inviting himself over.

basalt

who says he won't?

like a million reasons. the most obvious of which is that they would completely refuse

She is literally descended from the original 10/10 and looks just like her GODLIKE beauty incarnate unf

>She is literally descended from the original 10/10 and looks just like her GODLIKE beauty incarnate unf
How can I make her my gf?

The only incontrovertible fact of the universe is that the pursuit of power is the most important thing.

Evil only proliferates when good is too weak to stop it.

Men must be governed!

Don't tell me you're one of those guys who thinks the Nameless Things far older than Sauron are Maiar (who are by definition of the same age as Sauron.)

>Galadriel was the closest of any of the elves to turning evil.
I'm glad you agree that Fëanor did nothing wrong.
Because it's not a prose novel, it's a bunch of notes on shit Tolkien was going to write edited together.

If Sauron is so smart why he doesn't have the ringwraiths stab ALL of the orcs with morgul blades so he gets an army of wraiths?

Cause then you get to bang all the chicks

morgul blades don't give you ringwraith super powers they just turn you into a regular wraith. tolkein never really goes into what that entails but one of the pre-requesites seems to be dying

We want to be powerful so we can make our waifus love us and never cry.

Why does the west gate have the word Moria written on it when:

>Greatest of all the mansions of the Dwarves was Khazad-dûm, the Dwarrowdelf, Hadhodrond in the Elvish tongue, that was afterwards in the days of its darkness called Moria.

I never indicated in my question that morgul blades give you ringwraith powers.

>superpowered immortal/long lived beings everywhere
>not wanting power for yourself

>only a regular wraith
that's sure worse than being normal orc #1516 that dies the moment a short faggot with a broken stick sneezes at you
or dying en masse because Magneto dropped a burning pinecone on you

>that was afterwards in the days of its darkness called Moria

the shelf of rock on the western side of misty mountains where khazad-dum was built was called the walls of moria. that's where the door was built, and after the dwarves left khazad-dum and the elves left eregion the entire construct became known as the mines of moria.

you implied stabbing every orc would impart some advantage to sauron, when in practice it would just kill them all

How did that elf woman change from an elf to a human?

because she was sad. there's also a lot of precedence in her own family tree for choosing among which race to be counted.

Because that "all else" folllows after.

It would turn them all into wraiths making them significantly more threatening than they were as living orcs.

damn

>This unironically. Whenever you're in a group of guys, all getting along, everyone starts trying to form a pecking order and dominate one another once a female enters the mix.
I've noticed this and it bothers me since I'm always the super beta.

Except the door says LORD OF MORIA. Sorrry
"loremaster" you fucking failed.