Why aren't you learning an instrument if you love music so much

Why aren't you learning an instrument if you love music so much

I'm learning the alto recorder

But I know 5.

>21st century
>learning an instrument

I already play piano, guitar, drums and bass. I've been thinking about picking up trumpet or some other brass instrument recently, would probably be a worthwhile use of my scholarship

love musikkks so much i don wanna fuckin huuurt it

because I don't have any ideas of music I want to create. I mean, I have one idea but I don't really think it's that good

There is a totally different appeal between consuming and producing art.

I keep wasting my time on drums and pretending to be a musician

I'm a lazy piece of shit with no hand coordination.

Inspiration has to find you working

I was discouraged from doing anything creative by my Asian parents lest I become some kind of degenerate "artist".

asian parents are so great, aren't they?

I am. Very slowly learning drums.
I swear im the biggest retard at it.

im vegan. dumb, and lazy otherwise i'd learn cello

i am!

i have a mac desktop computer.

Because I've been playing guitar, bass and keyboard for the past six years or so but now I'm only mediocre at each instead of mastering one.

made me laugh how this guy is probably browsing in secret on his phone only while having a shit.

sorry i shouldn't laugh.

i've never taught myself anything and i likely never will

should've seen me on bass trying to figure out what muting is and how to do it

I play the guitar, fine Sir

I don't have money dude

I’m learning guitar but I think I’ve hit a wall between being unmotivated and realizing I’m probably at my skill ceiling.

Med school

Return of the Mack

because I love music and not making it. Logically, if you keep finding music that is perfect, shares your views, sounds the way you want it to, you shouldn't feel any sort of urgency to get music into the world.

Hey man same. Honestly one of my old friends doesn't play his trumpet anymore and i'm thinking about buying it off of him. Trumpets are great

Because I don't have the talent, and anyone who seriously tries with zero talent is absolutely, utterly pathetic.

>Classing yourself as a smart person
>Not knowing how to play an instrument