DUDE CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION LMAO

>DUDE CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION LMAO

Holy fuck when did Scorsese turn into Mel Gibson? No one except bible thumpers want to watch this shit.

*clears throat*

Atheism was trendy on chans like 10 years ago kid we're all Catholics here now

fpbp fuck off OP

Burn in hell heathen

I dunno, OP, as an agnostic who doesn't have a fuckin clue, I'd go see it just to get an idea of how some folks think. Isn't that what we seek? Knowledge about stuff, and stuff, and stuff?

isn't it called silence because god doesn't answer prayers because he isn't real?

He was silent for most of the movie but for some reason started talking to him near the end.

Not everybody is a Godless heathen...

i know this isn't /lit/ but is the book any good? i feel like i'd rather read it than watch the movie

The book is great.

what is the rating for this?
orthodox kino?
catholic film?
or baptist/protestant flick?

>In his book A Life of Jesus, [Endo] states that Japanese culture identifies with the "one who 'suffers with us' and who 'allows for our weakness....with this fact always in mind, I tried not so much to depict God in the father-image that tends to characterize Christianity, but rather to depict the kind-hearted maternal aspect of God revealed to us in the personality of Jesus."

He said in an interview that it isn't about religion, it's about nativism; that is to say, a system in which native peoples are given preferential treatment. Scorsese compares The Donald to Bill The Butcher and how they value the natives of their territory above all else.

there's literally nothing wrong with nativism

It's about Jesuits so it's Catholic film I guess

FAITH?

Yes

I'm not familiar with the author (Endo, right?) so what makes the book good? The writing itself, the subject matter, both, something else? Would a non-Catholic get as much out of reading the book as a Catholic?

tfw Orthodox and been on here over ten years

Saw this in Catholic school. Was pretty based and I'm not even Catholic.

He was raised Catholic and made a bunch of movies featuring the faith you fuckin idiot

Same. But I actually converted to Catholicism later.

Righto. Have your (You)
Happy?

I am still Orthodox and I won an award for excellence in religious classes one year.

u forgot kundun, who's been knocking at my door, and bringing out the dead.

scorsese always been a christfag

the marriage between anime and christianity on here is the gayest most autistic shit in the world

That's Double from Skullgirls, a game by a western studio.

i dont think i fully understood kichijirou's character

this movie was literally boycotted by christfags though

from what a lot of review said, he portrayed jesus in a different view than the normal usual western perspective and that's what made it interesting

portrayed jesus in what way exactly? like, the japanese interpretation of the story or does jesus show up in the novel?

We used too, and that's how we advanced as societies, learning from other mistakes, replicating what's good, etc. Liberals now call that "cultural appropriation"

Are the nips the bad guys of the movie?

yes, they're buddhists, and buddhists are nihilists

That's exactly what a communist would say about communism and a faggot about faggotry.

if some muslim come to your country and try to preach islam to and convert countrymen, then you try to kick them out, are you the bad guy?

Yeah exactly, thats why im asking if they are the bad guys, because that would be fucking stupid

to be quite honest idk, i would say the number of people itt right who actually watched it or read the book is probably handful
OP himself probably only made the thread for the shitposting purpose and not even watch the damn movie

I can tell you are a very tolerant person. Do you prefer to watch men sodomising each other?

>Kylo Ren and Spider-Man search for Oskar Schindler in medieval Japan.

>Scorsese made it.

Fuck it, I'm sold.

if muslims went to america and tried to convert me I wouldnt give a fuck. But instead if you dont beleive in their religion in the first place theyll just blow you up instead.

I'm a staunch non-believer who usually rolls my eyes about movies where faith is prominently featured, and I thought Silence was excellent. It paints a nuanced picture of the missionaries as well as the Japanese, for what it's worth.