Creature Feature thread: The Rebirth

Alright, I'm back and ready discuss again. What are some of your favorite creature feature movies.

Image source: Harbinger Down, a spiritual successor to John Carpenters The Thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w9HcOICjBxw
youtu.be/F9SJP27mR1g
youtu.be/xeOSXtBCY30
youtube.com/watch?v=NRo5suPV4R0
youtube.com/watch?v=uYWSOzFMZjg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mutant Fish creature from the Korean film "The Host" One of my favorites.

The Mist :3

Creature from Deepstar 6, I'm going down my list from the last thread.

>tfw there will never been more movies set in the world of the Mist, especially showing what happened from the perspective of the soldier/scientists who breached into the other dimension.

Why even live?

The "body horror" anglerfish of Leviathan that i spoke of earlier.

"Peter Benchleys Creature" monster

Spider from Spiders (2000) movie

The creature from The Relic.

godzuki :3

Honestly if any self-contained movie ever needed unnecessary sequels it would be this one. Somebody needs to bring back high budget rated R creature flicks

I don't remember this, and I watched Harbinger Down fairly recently.

This was so lame. Just a generic lizard-gorilla-dog thing. Sort of a cool head, but otherwise underwhelming.

>a generic lizard-gorilla-dog thing

user fucking check yourself

These guys had such a simple design yet are still memorable

Everyone talks shit about CGI Malebolgia, but the Violator looked really good

>people shitting on the Relic

Nah fuck you.

>a generic lizard-gorilla-dog thing
I'm so tired of that trope too, it's fucking everywhere.

>but the Violator looked really good

Radiation generating octopus from Europa Report, kind of a dry watch.

This was a nice horror comedy. Kiwis seem to be good at that.

Meant to quote OP lol

It was scarier in the book, because it was smaller. Just a little larger than a big human, so there wasn't really anywhere you could hide that it couldn't get into. It also didn't have mandibles. It just gutted people with its claws and then tore their heads off to get at the juicy bits. I don't know why the fuck they gave it mandibles.

TICKS was fucking gold.

It's the thing that bursts out of the guys back.

pretty awesome creature

Haven't read the book, there is a book, but I like the mandibles. It adds some variety to it.

I had a hard time finding images for this one, many of the others don't display well either. It's one of those creature that are best seen in motion.

The galloping hand from Splinter, though technically not a monster this was a favorite of mine.

Keeping this thread alive

Another of the alien spider from Arachnid

Probably one of the most recognized creatures in film history, the dirt dragons that need no introduction, the Graboids.

I'm a Kiwi, but I really hated that movie. I haven't seen it since it came out, but I just remember it being really terrible.

Another Peter Benchley movie, The Beast is about a Giant Squid that terrorized the waters of a fishing town and it stars William Petersen.

What's worse than a Giant Praying Mantis? A giant praying mantis-termite hybrid that can stalk you in the dark and resembles a person at a distance. This one oils almost like a creepy pasta, the Judas Breed.

Guess I'll just let this thread die too, as I seem to be the only one contributing. Last one, a poster for The Bay

ChoGath O_O

Im loving this thread :'(

>All these great monster effects
>Nowadays it's shitty CGI every fucking movie

It physically pains me that we'll never get another movie like The Thing ever again I will shoot the first fucker who brings up that pile of shit of a sequel/prequel.

Everyone here should check out Deadly Spawn and it's lesser known sequel Metamorphosis.

For being low budget, Dealy Spawn manages to pull off some pretty cool effects.

The guys who did the practical fx for the prequel that the studio made them cgi over top of ate the same guys who made the movie in the OP.

*are

Yeah watched Harbinger twice now already. Great movie, but I felt like it was trying too hard to be like The Thing. Did have some genuine spooky moments tho.

Sorry, the sequel is called" Metamorphosis:The Alien Factor" to be specific.

How is harbinger down? The trailer makes it look kind of cheap but it seems like it has awesome effects

I love Leviathan, such a relaxing movie

Absolutely loved The Bay, had some good jumps and a creepy atmosphere, and the creatures were just shitty little beetle things. Made it all the creepier. And the reporter chick had a fucking thicc ass.

Awesome thread OP, you're doing gods work.

8/10, it was a kickstarter movie with the intent of using mostly, if only, practical effects. It was just a little tedious at parts but rather enjoyable. As I said in my OP it was meant to be the spiritual successor to the thing and I feel it accomplished that while feel different enough at the same time.

This movie was amazing

to this day, i confuse leviathan for the abyss, and whenever i tune in for one, im always disappointed its the other

yet i like both movies

really? one is a horror movie and the other is James Camerons underwater dildo light show

Speaking of Kiwi horror comedy, the ending to Braindead is gorekino. Shit, the whole movie is gorekino. Vera's final form always seemed really cool to me.
youtu.be/w9HcOICjBxw
Also, here's the whole thing in fairly great quality
youtu.be/F9SJP27mR1g

I guess I could go on if people are lurking, I just wanted to known that I wasn't just pissing in the wind. Monsters is about a photojournalist that get sent to Mexico to pick up his bosses daughter a looks forward to getting depressing photos to sell of the damage and blight caused by an invading alien animal species.

What about Deep Star 6? I can't even recall if that had a creature or not.

I've never seen it but I will unironically blind buy it if it comes out on blu ray. It does have a creature, it was posted in this thread

See

Creepshow 2

Come now, user you should recognize those as little versions of pic related.
Look at these cool motherfuckers. youtu.be/xeOSXtBCY30

Octopus is about a cruise ship that gets attacked by a Giant mutated octopus, that's about it.

a best

Harbinger Down was ass. I followed the production of that from the moment it was announced that the people responsible for the thrown out practical effects on the 2011 Thing were making there own movie.

And it showed, a lot. They should just stick to making things. Even the monster was fairly awful in design

Top tier movie

Well don't I feel the right plonker for missing that.

Octopus 2 is about another giant octopus taking refuge in the New York Harbor and starts munching on hobos and drunk party goers.

You didn't like shrimpzilla?

Monsters 2:Dark Continent was a military fueled look at the creatures. Based in the middle east the creatures had evolved and were occupying the Sandy deserts.

underaged detected

>The Blob 1988
>2:04
youtube.com/watch?v=NRo5suPV4R0

Well, to keep this from dying here's another recommendation: Grabbers.

Pretty fun creature feature comedy.

I loved "The Thing" for its atmosphere and script, not the creature itself.

>watching 1930s King Kong
>expect cheesy 'scares' and overly dramatic music
>it's actually an action-romance Kino about a giant MMA gorilla and Fay Wray's nipples trying to poke themselves out of her see-through clothes

youtube.com/watch?v=uYWSOzFMZjg

0:50

Nice takedown and ground£ technique

This one is a super fun watch

All I can think of when I see its title is this: youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws

there was talk of a tv series for a while

They could go either of two ways- an "aliens" style movie about a team of special forces who travel to the alien world, or a "day of the dead" global apocalypse where the "overlay" becomes global and permanent. I'd watch the fuck out of either tbqh fampai.

nope, they're a different thing entirely, the creatures in the bay are based on these

They are both Isopods though.

this nigga

Is Jeepers Creepers a creature feature?
>that scene where it replaced its head

I liek pumpkinhead

The idea for that is what lead to Half-Life's storyline.

bump for interest

Are zombies "creatures"?

fly 2 has a long lead up but a satisfying ending

Seconded

>especially showing what happened from the perspective of the soldier/scientists who breached into the other dimension

So, Half-Life 1?

I'd zom her bee if you understand my meaning.

Robot monster

Can anyone name this movie? I saw it as a kid, I remember these people are in an oil rig or something and this giant monster shoves its tentacles in someone, then their skin cracks and they explode and it creates a copy of the monster

I remember arena having some good monsters. Also liked the mechs in Robot Jox but i dunno if that'd count

source me dood

>"the mist universe", where they come from is a black void full of evil shit
>that's literally it
source: Dark Tower

Mimic.

Here's hoping Alien Covenant renews some interest in this sub-genre.

I always like some of the Puppets from Puppet master, blade and tunnler were the best

danke

not seen dr. who in years, there any good new beasts in that?

Enchantress had a good look to her, tho thats perhaps not quite right

Gigan was the goat godzilla monster

and angy

mean machine from Judge Dredd