youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will happen

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
most likely. they might give BP to moonlight as it's one award again

>that asymmetric hand positioning ON THE FUCKING POSTER
0/10 fucking amateurs
ginger rogers and fred astaire are laughing at these shmucks from the afterlife

Is it actually good? I hate musicals and it seems like one of those shitty adult movies.

How about this, is it better than Silence?

if you hate musicals, you're going to hate this movie. It's real musical

I hate myself for liking the Emma Stone Ryan Gosling chemistry, but I need more, is this watchable?

rule of thirds faggot.

Fuck that shit.

Is it at least good?

are you a woman?

I don't like musicals, but I thought it was great

the film's great. and you'll love it even more for the emma stone ryan gosling chemistry. emma is one of the most perfect women i have ever see nin this film. the song lyrics aren't nearly as 'catchy' as i though they would be albeit one or two, but the actual music itself is flawless.

and the ending is amazing, just like whiplash. last 10 minutes are some of the best cinema i've seen in years.

You got digits so I'll listen, but be honest with me user.

Do you have shit taste?

>shitty adult movies

The Academy hates going with the grain. That's why spotlight won last year. La la land will win nothing at the Oscars. Screen cap this.

Actually, I bet most people here would say I have shit taste

>Someone with quad 4s
>shit taste

Not even possible, gayboi.

La La Land seems to have an incredible hype going on. Won 7/7 Globes, a new record.

Has there been a clearer frontrunner for Best Picture, since.... what?

is this the best musical of all time

Hollywood loves getting jerked off. 3 of the 5 previos Best Picture winners have all been about nostalgia for the good ol' days. This will be no different.

Fuck. I can't stand musicals. The most important question is: will my Mrs be horny as fuck after watching it? If not I'll just put on the notebook again and use her tears as lube.

It will be to Millennials and Z, it really pisses me off. its going to be literally like how their conception of a romantic movie is Twilight and Fifty Shades. Musicals should have good music and dancing not just be about strong emotions and a admittedly interesting plot.

Watch it be permanently in the IMDB top 50 above almost every musical.

Any suggestions for good musicals? I'm new to the genre

It won't win Best Actor or Best Actress though

How come

but user the film has good music and dancing.

I think LOTR:ROTK, Argo and Slumdog Millionaire swept every major award they were up to.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk

>WHY AREN'T MY SUPERHERO FLICKS WINNING ANY AWARDS?!

I was forced to watch Singin' in the Rain and discovered it was an excellent, funny movie

Was that scene kino?

>but the actual music itself is flawless.
Not true by the way.

> your choice of picture to complain about what wins awards

For once, yes

I mean there's really no competition to it this season.

But god damn it, neither of them can sing.

BvS and La La Land can be shit. I just used it because it's a reaction image, morons.

This. it's a shitty, dumbed down version of what people think a musical is supposed to be.
GW Pabst's Threepenny Opera and West Side Story are probably the best in the genre. Also Moira Shearer in the Tales of Hoffmann.

state of modern acting eh

we barely get any actors coming into the film industry through broadway these days

most go the tv route. or indie films. and the ones who do go the broadway route just do disney films. i feel like broadway actors feel too 'broadway' anyway, like idina menzel. you can rely on em to sing or dance but they can't act for shit.

we aren't getting another fred astaire or gene kelly on our screens any time soon, this is the closest we'll get.

>But god damn it, neither of them can sing.
I'm just thankful the movie didn't end up with Miles Teller and Emma Watson like Chazelle wanted.

42 street

42nd street*

I don't know what it is but I didn't like the movie that much

I mean sure I'd recommend it but story, songs etc didn't really appeal to me.
The aesthetic feel of the film, I'm no big film buff, but the look of the shots was the only thing I liked.

It seems like it is a musical for people who don't like musicals and yeah it is good

the lighting and camera movement were terrific, which was the case with whiplash too

>It seems like it is a musical for people who don't like musicals
it's a musical for people who like old musicals and not the disney/mama mia/les mis shit that is all we get nowadays

Go back to if you care about the oscars good goy

This film is pure shit

>it's a musical for people who like old musicals and not the disney/mama mia/les mis shit that is all we get nowadays

as a motherfucker who loved singing in the rain and sound of music and etc

no.

It would have been better you dipshit that's why you aren't directing Chazelle wanted them for a reason

Thank christ best emma dropped out of this oscarbait. Truly based.

Stone is fucking cringe

"Best" Emma is a terrible singer. Just heard her in the Beauty and Beast trailer. Horrible

I find it hard to believe that Gosling and Stone will win the AAs for their performances

Wait and see who wins the SAG awards...that's a better indicator

I think Affleck has got Best Actor in the bag unless some jew starts a smear campaign about his rape accusations.

Then again I thought that Herschlag was a lock for Best Actress until tonight.

>Emma Watson
>best Emma
>the emma who knows how shit she is at acting and is kind of surprised that people think she's a good actress
>0 awards to her name

I enjoyed La La Land, but come the fuck on. It won more globes than any movie in history. Absurd. It absolutely does not deserve to win Best Picture at the Oscars, but it will likely win that, director, a bunch of technical awards, and has a good chance at actress. Those awards will look terrible in a few years, just like The Artist's.

I feel like in a few years it's going to be remembered a lot like The Artist.

I don't think the narrative or the characters or the romance is actually good but it's a movie that will make you feel a lot of emotions, that and the homages to hollywood and older films are going to pretty much guarantee it sweeps but it's not going to be remembered as an important or defining movie.

>sounding like a girl who should be whiningon tumblr
Lmao m8 there's only one emma and she goes by emma. Try google "emma"

>emily stone
Looks like a freak of nature and isn't an emma

Awards based on cross guild voting usually take the lead of the pertinent guild. If Emma wins the sag, she is a lock for best actress.

>inb4 stop role playing

This cambodian basket weaving forum has been around for 13 years. There are people in the industry that frequent this place.

Not him but if you think awards matter you need to go back ASAP.

Well, at least it is better than Spotlight or Argo.

Good its the best american flick besides American Honey

what do you think deserves best picture then?

Emma Stone can't sing or act I dropped this shit when I saw the trailer

Yup

That's why oscar bait is released nov/dec

They want to trick as many voters as they can, before time exposes their fraud

It's shot that way and definitely has the cinematography but the songs are all the bland pop shit and equivalent to the stuff you just mentioned.

This desu watson sounds 100 times better than stone. She's even sung on a song on youtube in 2014. And sang 8 bars in Goblet of Fire.

La La winning best screenplay is garbage. The characters were so flat I'm surprised the movie wasn't made as a side scroller.

I liked it, but no way it was a better written film than any of the ones it competed against.

I can't wait to see Leslie Jones reenact scenes from the movie

I would be satisfied with either Moonlight or Manchester winning. I also liked The Lobster, Hell or High Water, Silence all more than La La Land.

Oh yeah absolutely, that's a problem I've had with the last few years of AA's though.

Barring 2014(where there were so many good movies, great shit like Nightcrawler didn't even get nominated.), the last 10 years of nominees and movies have just seen bad winners or years where the competition was so poor no one should have won.

Last time I felt like a film deserved it besides Birdman was No Country For Old Men(and honestly I still feel like There Will Be Blood was the better film, but both are just such great films).

>Moonlight
>progressive "muh gay nigger" bullshit

Probably original screenplay, score, and original song (hoping 'Someone in the Crowd' gets the nom instead). It swept the Golden Goys because the drama category is split from musical/comedy. Moonlight is too big of an Oscarbait flick to lose.

>the songs are all the bland pop shit
???? there's one song that's bland pop shit and it's bland pop shit FOR A REASON

All of them are absolute garbage. Neither of them can sing or even pronounce the lyrics. It was absolutely terrible. A degradation of the art form.

>great shit like Nightcrawler
haha I spend so much time in /lbg/ that I forgot t/v/eddit has a hard-on for Jakey boy. This is why /film/ will never work.

>Best Picture
La La Land
>Best Director
Damien Chazelle
>Best Actor
Casey Affleck
>Best Actress
Emma Stone
>Best Suporting Actor
Mahershala Ali
>Best Supporting Actress
Viola Davis
>Best Original Screenplay
La La Land
>Best Adapted Screenplay
Moonlight
>Best Cinematography
La La Land

>A degradation of the art form.
>music
>art
go back to your containment board, Sup Forumsdslime

This triggers me because Voila Davis isn't the Supporting Actress. She is the main actress.

I'm willing to bet that you have not seen it

Awards don't matter redred

you're crying about an art form that has been dead for decades, and when someone tries to resurrect it you can't stop crying

All That Jazz
Cabaret
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
The Young Girls of Rochefort
Up Down Fragile
Pennies From Heaven

yeah idk why everybody is setting it up like that but they are

South Park The Movie

Board is kill

That's just the way studios do their awards marketing - they decide in what category to submit the actor

This so much fuck anyone who likes this shit

Premieres the 17th in my cunt

Let's say you are currently courting a female companion, is this a good kino to take her to? Or would she start comparing her date to the Goose? I do not believe that is a battle I have much hope of winning

This hasn't been a musical quite like La La Land for literal generations at this point. It feels like a fucking revival of the whole genre. Each scene, each song it feels like something I long thought dead but has been made anew.

We seemingly only get wondrous shit when there's a Republican in the White House.

Can they do a live performance ( I doubt it)

Pretty much this but I want based Goose to win an Oscar god dammit

this, it's fucking brilliant

but it came out in december. when obama was in office

Hacksaw Ridge or Moonlight (for the diversity picks) will sweep the Oscars this year, screencap this

>Hacksaw Ridge
I wish

Based

He's still in office, Trump had already won the election in December so everyone already treats him like he's the President already.

I forgot Spotlight won. What a fucking shit film.

Does it look like I care? Shit wins oscars all the time

I don't think the Goose really cares about winning awards.

>replies to thread
ya....