Is famine in USA possible?

Let's say something fucks up all that corn/wheat. Russians or Chinese put some genetically modified disease or something.

How many people starve and where? Do fatties form cannibal gangs?

Other urls found in this thread:

online.sfsu.edu/repstein/GEessays/Klebsiellaplanticola.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>most food secure nation in the world

They produce several times their consumption annually, you'd need to realistically somehow damage over 50% of their harvest and then prevent the EU from exporting to the US.

City's would starve, fatties would be eaten first since they can't run away from Tyrone quick enough, meanwhile Cletus is out eating deer and whoever strays to close to his territory.

>basically this

All major population centers would starve, especially nigger infested ones.

Come to think of it, Detroit might be worth reclaiming afterwards.

It would be cheaper to erase Detroit off the map via tactical nukes and rebuild than to reclaim it.

One thing that happens is gasoline becomes impossible to buy due to retarded laws that mandate cutting it with corn-ethanol.

Yeah sure, just blow up a nuke in the atmosphere, wipe out all the electronics and then cut the supply of oil. No more combine harvesters, no more trucks going back and forth with fertilizer/corn, no pesticides, no new GMO seeds.

The urbanites don't produce any food at all and our society is very vulnerable to disruption. If the happening happens its going to be a lot worse then the great recession, back then most people lived out in the country and could produced some of their own food back then. Now you have 40+ millions of food stamps that are entirely dependent on the government for their survival and the rest is just as dependent on the system functioning.

America is already starving though.

Here's how.

online.sfsu.edu/repstein/GEessays/Klebsiellaplanticola.html

Want to see famine in the first world?

just wait till we hit peak Phosphorous.

kek

I live in Iowa (best farmland in the country, and therefore the world) and am glad that we are far enough away from Chicago for when it happens. subsistence farming will become a thing here. There will be some uprisings, but we also have guns and will put them down. we can then start a barter economy until we can establish some sort of monetary system.

It would be hard to do. The us grows mostly low value but staple crops that a good for calories. Even if it is bad, you could cut the ethonal mandate and massively increase the supply of corn. Alot of land is also meant for livestock feed, so that could be converted or turned into processed food.

I won't say it couldn't happen, but it would be difficult to do.

What wrong with Oklahoma? It didn`t recover after the dust bowl or what?

I live in the south, got two ranches with Black Angus and small gardens. I'm pretty sure a lot of people do. Commercial farming going down wouldn't dent the south too bad outside large pop areas.

Negative on that. That's corn charts. Not very many corn fields there.

>Cletus is out eating deer and whoever strays to close to his territory.
>Hurr durr i can survive off hunting forever
Deer almost went extinct during the great depression. If it ever got that bad with all the people / guns we have then a lot of animal species would go out when every gangster / father with a pistol would go out and kill everything that movies.

fuck no

USA is the world's #1 exporter of food

undercutting the domestic agriculture sectors of other countries with our highly efficient industry and making them totally dependent on our exports is just one of the many ways in which we dominate the world

The GMO fiod will kill everyone before there is a famine.

What is

>The great depression

deer breed like rats these days and alot of people cant even hunt. they arent going anywhere

A family of those fucking things keep showing up in my back yard. It's grinding my gears.