Your Name

Will this get nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars?

this meme can't possibly still work on anyone can it

It won't be nominated because it's not Ghibli, so Disney can't pimp it out.

>this movie was a 10.00 on MAL before it was even released

Anyone else think this movie was bad?

Like.... not interesting at all?

Possibly. It won the LA Film Critics Award for best animated feature. It won't win an Oscar though because the Academy doesn't know shit about animation.

Just you faggot.

Literally everyone with a functioning brain.

The ratings were padded up before it even came out, like the user above mentioned

The old fuckers running the Oscars can't into Chinese cartoons.

I hate romance anime, should i give this a shot?

It's already being considered an anime classic. It was the biggest movie in Japan last year and is right behind Spirited Away was the highest grossing anime film of all time.

And rightly so. It's incredible, imo.

What did you like about it?

>yfw Sup Forums meme magic'd a film into existence

That's because it premiered at Anime Expo and had several other pre screening venues in Japan, so plenty of critics and fans were able to hype it up before it was officially released in Japanese theaters.

I know this because I was one of the first people to have my review of it published before it was released in Japan since I got to see it at Anime Expo. Not that you would care.

Its okay i guess but pretty good when you judge it considering the current anime situation.
The bar for a anime to be considered good is just way too low, because everything is either generic tolkien rpg or cute girls doing cute things.

>tfw been following the hype bandwagon on Sup Forums since 2015
>still no blu ray
:^(

>the current anime situation.
What current anime situation?

The anime industry losing funding and shit polluting the marketplace.

Hideaki Anno thinks the anime industry will collapse in the next 10 years.

That the medium turned into shitfest pandering to neckbeards who only care about having fap material

It's always been like that, but with the popularity of anime in the west, its just become fap material

But it's gotten a lot worse over the past 5 years or so. It's literally all that's being produced now.

Is there a way out?

>fap material
bullshit

It's been mostly stories and shit, not fap material over the past 5 years.

Go on Sup Forums right now, almost no anime they're talking about is purely fap material.

>purely fap material

Yea, keyword is purely. Stuff like Re:zero is garbage thats basically tranny fap material

yeah stuff like love live exists because its deep and complex plot

Do I have to watch 5cm Per Second to get this?

No but it'll give you a greater sense of catharsis if you watch Kimi no Na wa. AFTER seeing 5cm.

Nice cherrypicking faggot. Watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and see how wrong you are.

Alright, because I didn't think I could watch 5cm without shooting myself out of depression.

Lemme give you some sound advice: watch ALL of Shinkai's films before you see Kimi no Na wa. In release order. It'll show you how much he's grown as a filmmaker.

Yeah lets ignore that idolshit, cute girls doing cute things and many other shit makes up the majority of the market.

It's been getting more funding every year. Anno has been saying that shit since the 80s

I loved this film and I don't even LIKE anime. I happen to think there's no better animated film out there.

You got depressed by that horse shit?

hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

where can i watch this kino?

There's no 720 o 1080p version out yet so don't bother

how long do nip movies take to come out on Blu-Ray?

As long as it takes for the Blu-ray to come out, sometimes earlier. Depends on the demand.

How come the rest of the world get to have it in theaters but Canada doesnt? Fucking Funamation

Oh, 6 to 8 months, sorry. Actually, it depends on when it gets a wide release too

I always thought Canada was fiction?

You can torrent or stream the subbed dvd rip, it's completely watchable just not HD

I watched 5cm/second after seeing Your Name in theaters and was surprised by how pessimistic it was.

One thing I really appreciated about Your Name and probably one of the reasons it did so well is how optimistic it was about modern life. Kinda tired of all the cliched cynicism out there.

It is a fantasy film

It can take fucking years or maybe half a year. Considering how popular this movie is, it'll be up as soon as it comes out. Amazon says on October 30th.