Just marathoned Rogue One. Could someone redpill me on similar movies?

Just marathoned Rogue One. Could someone redpill me on similar movies?

instead of a "redpill" take a bullet instead

Watch the Harry Potter movie series

I don't understand what you mean

Are they good? What's good about them? i've heard of harry potter from my dad, but I don't know if they're good

Watch one movie

> "marathoned"

KYS.

And keep Sup Forums on Sup Forums. Bringing that shit here to tumblr jr is meaningless.

what did I say that was "Sup Forums"? I'm confused

everything about this post is painfully underage

Not him, but the Harry Potter series really takes off at the third film and then again at the 5th.

It has great art direction, scores, and overall cinematography. The acting is good, too.

>Are they good?

No, it's one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I will have to watch those movies, then. My dad would probably watch them with me too. thanks user

You sound like a fucking moron

wait...
harry potter was a book? Wtf
How did they make like 8 movies out of a book? Is this some hobbit shit or something?

Stop being a sheep a make up you own mind about what you believe faggot.

>anime reaction images

Your dad thinks you're a fucking loser. Do him a favor and do something with your life or just kill yourself already.

>complaining about anime on Sup Forums
Newfag.

>getting the point of the post wrong

Dipshit.

How do you marathon one movie?

It's funny because I know this is about Sup Forums originally being a board to discuss anime. Although this website has corrupted my mind in many ways I never appreciated anime until I had browsed it for a couple years

>all these replies

Anyone who complains about anime on this site site is a tourist. I didn't like all the anime on here when I first started lurking in mid-2000 either. But after a few years I enjoy most anime reaction images.

.25x speed

how the fuck do you "marathon" a single movie?

And do you mean a movie where all the good guys die at the end?

movies in which a single event's failure or success determines the outcome of civilizations...

hmm...

Did you know Bruce Willis was a ghost all along? :^)

>redpill
I think you mean "recommend."

How about the original trilogy?

>i've heard of harry potter from my dad, but I don't know if they're good
The movies have shit pacing and leave out essential plot details. I highly recommend the books (plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, since it's an original story by the author and is thus both closer to canon, and doesn't suffer from the plot issues of the adaptations).

Also recommend the in-universe books that were written for charity, particularly Newt Scamander's own textbook (though it's too thin for my taste; would love more creatures, or more detail on the creatures listed).