No mbv thread on the day the analog masters for loveless and isn't anything are delivered to the US

>no mbv thread on the day the analog masters for loveless and isn't anything are delivered to the US

Any real fans here?
I'm listening to loveless right now and it sounds great except for some weird volume shifting going on during when you sleep

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/my-bloody-valentine-secretly-released-alternative-cut-of-isnt-anything/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cool thread loser

Leaf here, got my copy 3 weeks ago. I think it sounds okay. The fuzz seems to be a bit more recessed and working politely with the other layers now, as opposed to being in the forefront like with the previous releases.

The only legitimate issue I have would be the clearer drums on Soon. The boundary between the percussion and the flute sample's a lot more distinct now, so it sounds a lot less interesting than when you believed the percussive sputtering was part of the flute sample.

SOMEONE UPLOAD THE REMASTER RIP ALREADY

Did yours come with two records? My copy of Isn't Anything showed up a few weeks ago but they gave me two copies of the record. (Not the sleeve, just the actual record)

Loveless is unlistenable garbage.

>pre-ordered back in October
>release date was Jan 18th
>they never even sent mine until Feb 5th
>still waiting

i'll never understand guys who are vehemently anti pixie cut

mine did too. supposedly it's a rejected test pressing

Oh, apparently it's a different mix.

pitchfork.com/news/my-bloody-valentine-secretly-released-alternative-cut-of-isnt-anything/

download link?

then it wouldn't be all-analog

Check the most recent post on MBV's social media.

Doesn't matter much. Assuming the rip was done with good equipment, high quality digital captures sound in the most accurate way possible. It'd be 98% as good as plugging your headphones into you receiver. The album is a bit different in various ways, so it'll be nice to hear a good rip someday when somebody makes one.

I got my Vinyl on Saturday

They sound amazing. So glad I bought em.

whats a better digital version btw, original or 2006 Remaster?

i got mine last week monday
still have it in the shrink wrap

They're all different sounding slightly. The remaster, which was actually officially released in 2012 (don't download a copy titled "2006 remaster") is a bit brighter. One of the guitars on the track Soon was actually re-recorded in the 2007. Yep. That's right - in 07. You can hear it if you listen. Listen around 1:43 in the track on both version. Read the interview on the Quietus site "Kevin Shields Of MBV Interviewed "

I say download both the original copy and the 2012 double disc remaster. Also, get a version that doesn't have the glitch on the analog tape version of "What You Want" or the analog and digital versions mixed up (this happened).

Which is better, analog or digital?

the new analog vinyl masters are the best, but they are currently only available on the just released vinyl editions from the MBV store

If you download the 2012 remaster, you get both analog and digital. Personally, I listen to digital more. It's a bit less bright/harsh on some tracks, especially on What You Want. The original is the softest of them all, and I listen to it a lot too.

Best is subjective, but either way, we're discussing the 2012 double CD remaster which included a digital tape version (original version but remastered) and the analog tape version.

suck my dick

where's the rip dumb niggers