Why was Man of Steel bad again?

Why was Man of Steel bad again?

It wasn't.

Snyder's films aren't for everyone. They require a certain level of intelligence to understand them.

dc cucks actually believe this

Its true

>Superman was bland and angsty
>Sluggish and uninteresting opening
>Collateral damage that distracts from the emotional impact and paints Superman as uncaring and apathetic

20 minute prologe of russel crowe on a green screen
Superman getting a job somehow for the government with a fake identity
Hes a shit actor
The enormous amount of product placement
Stop my invincible son
The amount of times he used his powers in secrecy and its never mentioned on the news
The ship he finds randomly has the suit he wears for plot
His fight with zod resulting in the death of thousands when he couldve kept doing it in a field

Yea, a double digit IQ.

Bad characterizations
Unrealistic repercussions for a film centered around realistic repercussions
Terrible editing
Terrible pacing
Boring action
Pa Kent is more of a villain than a role model (if he turns out to be a villain in JL then he will become one of the greatest characters ever)
Cavill is a bad actor

Because I was told to think so.

>overwrought
>stupidly extensive damage to large city with hundreds of thousands of casualties
>lame romance
>shitty claustrophobic story line
>super human entity makes dumb decisions
>a lot of running at each and come at me bro

>The ship he finds randomly has the suit he wears for plot
I was always under the impression the suit was created by the ship after Kal El activated it with his family USB drive

because tv said so!

It was "Bad" because it was a conservative film

Its not bad...

...its half good.

>DCucks

Because it isn't directed by Nolan or a random television director you've never heard of who works under Disney's Marvel's umbrella.

becuse it didn't have brandan routh in it

Its about as good as Thor

Just watched Superman Returns for the first time, it's a surprisingly good movie, and is actually fun to watch. Routh is good as Kent, though nowhere near Reeves who he is clearly imitating, but a million miles better than cardboard cutout Cavill. They focused on Cavill's body for the new Superman, they should have focused on his personality when hiring the actor.

Also, Spacey is a great Luthor. The movie itself is good, but not great. So many small things they did well.

Watching Superman Returns just reinforces how bad, dull and dreary Man of Steel was.

i see you actually made a cap of the thread you were in. you must be feeling so proud now that you have the next big shocking comeback

it had heart and people didn't like that

What if Superman's suit gets ruined? Where is he gonna get a new one from? He only has one.

Not "funny" enough, took itself "too seriously" for current day audiences trained like pets by Disney / Marvel to 'feel' things during movies with more cuts than seconds.

>His fight with zod resulting in the death of thousands when he couldve kept doing it in a field

Marlel fans want other superheroes' battles to take place in empty open fields with overcast skies instead of where the plot organically makes them happen.

Jonathan Kent telling Clark that maybe he should have let a bus full of kids die.

Jonathan Kent deciding to commit suicide by tornado, even though Clark could have used superspeed and get them both out of there without anyone noticing.

If all else fails he can have Batman whip him something up. I don't think the Kryptonian material of his suit actually helps him much.

>fight doesn't take place in an empty air port
>no quips

Spacey Luther was the only good part of this flick
Routh did the best he could but was unfortunately forced to do a Reeve impression as if that's the original Source material
As someone who reads superman comics from every age the MoS is a lot closer

>use super speed

That's not how it works in the movie

Not enough Christ imagery

It was amazing

>why was man of steel bad again?
It was pure kino compared to BvS.

I didn't hate it. It just gave me a migraine.

I remember seeing this in 2006 and thinking how attractive Routh was, no homo, but back then I wanted to suck his dick, but I've rewatched it recently and while he is no doubt a good looking man he is not nearly as hot as I remembered

So the movie where Superman date-raped Lois impregnating her without her knowledge, skipped town and then came back to stalk her life was good? The movie where even though the biggest complains about MoS is the religious imagery we've religious imagery in spades what with Superman opening his arms in the sky, being pierced by Luthor on his side, dying and coming back to life in three days, reciting the whole father spirit son spiel and so on?

People mistake this Superman as anything tangible to the comic character. Cavill is easy to like, and he is the only one in Man of Steel/Batman V Superman who gave any kind of real effort because he seems to genuinely enjoy his role and we interpret that as a really affable quality. The only problem is, that for all intents and purposes, Snyders vision of the DC Universe is dogshit, let me explain.

He made one middling movie with a charismatic lead, forcing Philosophy 101 dribble down everyones throats only to forgo it all for a half hour actuon sequence where they smash around into product placement. Man of Steel is a fairly competent movie from a directors stand point, and Cavill is charismatic, but as a SUPERMAN movie it has nothing that makes Superman Superman besides names and slight allusions. It's dark, moody, preachy, and worst of all it stars someone who, given a better vision, could have been an incredible Superman in a great movie.

Batman V Superman is once again, dark, brooding, preachy and foregoes all of it's philosophy for mind numbing action set pieces (plural). Batman has a revelation about wanting to kill a man? Here is is killing 15 more. BUT IT'S COOL! IT LOOKS LIKE ARKHAM. No. As DC fans, and fans of these characters, looking cool alone shouldnt be enough. This is Snyders main flaw. He got a bunch of talentless actors to fill in roles just because they LOOK like they would be superheroes, to act against people with real talent like Cavill, only to have them act erratically and look cool. All flash, all cinematography and cool costumes, no substance.

Suicide Squad was the final nail, I wont even bother to go into it.

Tldr; Man of Steel was an ok movie with a horrible take on Superman regardless of how likeable Henry Cavill is

Better than most Marvel films to be honest.

>attractive Routh

>Hes a shit actor
Lolno
>The enormous amount of product placement
True,
>The ship he finds randomly has the suit he wears for plot
The ship from the El family has the suit that everyone in the El family wears?
Pay attention to the film, idiot.

>His fight with zod resulting in the death of thousands when he couldve kept doing it in a field
Again, if you actually paid attention, that's what he kept trying to do but Zod kept kicking him down.

>Jonathan Kent telling Clark that maybe he should have let a bus full of kids die.
The reason he says "Maybe" afterwards is because he doesn't know what Clark should've done, because he doesn't want Clark to be thrust into a life without being able to think about the choices he's making.

>Jonathan Kent deciding to commit suicide by tornado, even though Clark could have used superspeed and get them both out of there without anyone noticing.
He wouldn't go fast enough, they'd still see him.
Plus many people were staring at him.
>Hey, that guy was just standing there and now he's here!