Atlanta United beat FC Dallas 3-0 in their new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, in front of a sell-out crowd of 45,314

>Atlanta United beat FC Dallas 3-0 in their new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, in front of a sell-out crowd of 45,314.
What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/07/13/atlanta-united-no-1-in-league-attendance.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AmVlzlI7OT4
wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay_v_Brazil_(1950_FIFA_World_Cup)
nypost.com/2017/09/08/nfls-opening-night-was-a-tv-ratings-disaster/
sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/
ajc.com/sports/atlanta-united-draws-2nd-highest-rating-fs1/uvQ9GTqGZsI7N7wWwJAkfI/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one was watching because we were all watching actual football. And even those soccer fanatics would rather watch european soccer or even mexican soccer over mls

>we were all watching actual handegg
Just wait for the ratings of yesterday, guess who will laugh

>meanwhile irl
>yfw

>N-nothing is wrong, p-people still care about cuckoldegg and the Nigger Felon League

who cares

>Los Angeles
Everyone fucking knew this would happen decades in advance and they moved not one, but two teams to that shithole. I don't understand why.

As someone who lives in a city with a brand new arena opening.. I'm guessing it sold out for that reason alone.

Falcons (real football) in that building have tickets starting at $100 a piece for their games this year on Stubhub. Atlanta United has tickets starting at $30.

Our new stadium has preseason PRESEASON hockey games selling for $50+ (typically less than $10) just because people want to check out the arena. Divegrass match is the cheapest opportunity to do so for Atlanta.

We can see your argument of "novelty", but Atlanta United had an attendance of about 45,000 in their old Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium.
bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/07/13/atlanta-united-no-1-in-league-attendance.html

Is it just me or is there a clear design difference between US and UK stadia? US tends to have the more bowl thing with them curving around where UK has the 4 straight sides with the corners being angular. Is this just a product of them being older or what?

>calling it a sell-out when all the stands aren't open

"Bowl" form is easier to construct, that's why. The "bowl" form gave names to plenty of American stadiums, and by extension the names of events and then trophies.
That's pretty much part of American sports culture. But now USA is ditching "bowls" and start building patrician multi-stages football designs

You never see new builds in the UK with 4 sides. The Emirates, the Olympic stadium and Spurs' new ground all have rounded corners. Chelsea's new stadium will be the same.

Can we stop with the MLS is popular meme?

Here you go. Here's the average attendance for every team in the MLS, MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL last year. I added percentage to MLB because they didn't have it and MLS (had to go to another site to get attendance as ESPN doesn't have it).

Now, while the MLB has shit percentage (fans filling arenas) they also play 81 home games a year. There are 19 MLB teams that still average more than 3rd best attended MLS team who only has 17 games a year.

NHL and NBA, while smaller arenas blow out MLS in terms of percentage of stadiums filled.

NFL is obviously king with the last place team in average attendance still outperforming the only MLS team with good average attendance by nearly 12,000 fans a game and the lowest percentage of stadium fillage being a team that is playing in a stadium that seats 100,000 people at 80%.

MLS looks pretty popular in Canada. I'll give you that.

>91,000 seats at the coliseum
>not even modern by any kind of standards

Can someone actually give some fucking clarity instead of spouting memes

>FC Dallas had 239,601 people show up for 17 games last year

>Dallas Cowboys literally have 93,183 people show up just last night for one NFL game.

top fucking kek

Are you on Kroenke's payroll? You literally do nothing but shill for your shit teams and pretend they actually have fans.

Because fucks like you who have no history keep talking with my states dick in your mouth like you know now fuck off

>no history
>this coming from a RAMS FAN
Holy fuck the projection. How many owls did your team win again? Hard mode: count only Los Angeles years.

#respect
#yestofootball
#notoracism

why do you want americans to like football??
they would ruin it

That's cute, try 100,000.

Can Seattle ever recover?

This actually looks nice.

An American version of the Bernabeu, looks even bigger though

>ad every time theres a sub
>ad everytime theres a free kick
I shudder at the thought.

Watching advertisements would be more exciting than watching soccer

>10 division titles
>20 plus playoff appearances
>Super Bowl XIV in California
>2 NFL Championships pre merger
>dickerson still holds rookie rushing record

Stop talking and swallow bitch

This.

I would literally rather stare at a blank wall than watch an ad.

So a Browns tier team.

>division titles
Literally worthless
>20 playoff appearances
Literally haven't made the playoffs in the last 13 years, 20 appearances in 40 years isn't that impressive.
>Super Bowl XIV in California
Wow, 1 Super Bowl! That makes you better than 9 out of 32 teams!
>2 NFL Championships pre merger
No one cares about prehistoric trophies
>dickerson still holds rookie rushing record
Imagine acting like the rookie rushing record is a big deal

Rams are a bottom 10 franchise. They've been around for such a long time and have almost nothing to show for it.

That's a nice little stadium. Would visit.

Considering soccer has the same entertainment value of staring at a blank wall, understandable.

>visiting a turf NFL stadium

youtube.com/watch?v=AmVlzlI7OT4

That should have been a clear penalty. Plus a red card. VAR was a mistake.

Why?

Great first game. Was concerned that the empty seats at the top of the bowl would dampen the sound of the crowd but it got nice and loud in there. Never thought I'd see that many people in one place for an MLS game.

Ruled offside before the penalty.

says the country that invented baseball, the most boring spectacle possible

Such a shame they use turf.

I actually had to look this up because I didn't believe it was real.
Probably because it appears Americans can't watch anything without adverts so they substitute in flamethrowers.

>waah accomplishments don't count unless I say it does

staymad faggot

>telling someone to swallow after posting that weak ass shit
You legit have a mental disorder

only 1 title in 51 years is nothing to boast about dude.
Rams are shit, and nobody does even care in LA about them. A fucking 3 years old soccer team from Atlanta has twice the attendance.
You should be ashamed and go back to plebbit

London Rams when?

>I live in a city with an autistic tripfag who thinks anyone gives a shit about dickerson holding a rookie rushing record
>he probably doesnt even get paid like thinks to post this shit like its an accomplishment
>he probably does it for free
>he might be on welfare for all we know
Get me out of this place now

That's cute, try 120,000

Yeah..... I always hated playing on turf in football/soccer. When AUFC was playing at Bobby Dodd stadium it had great grass but was outdoor unlike MBS. Unless AUFC gets their own stadium at some point I doubt they'll get grass ever

>i don't care about soccer so americans don't care about soccer
Lel pansy ass americans, am i rite lads?

Stop making threads about Football in America, retarded frog.

>9 division titles
>24 playoff seasons
>4 NFL championships
>16 hall of famers
>actually had a winning season in the last 10 years

Why would you want them?

That's cute, try 160,000

They only offer 45,000 tickets for sale

Nobody will go to Rams games in LA. Everybody already knew this long before Kroenke moved them there.

why are they using turf?

>NFL will die before the WWE

>Never thought I'd see that many people in one place for an MLS game

It doesn't even scratch the top 25 most attended matches, even San Jose has had recent games with higher attendance and they're garbage

>not having an ARCA race at the same time

It's the falcshits and cfb stadium

Most MLS teams play in smaller stadiums within the 20-30k range so your argument doesn't hold. For a league that's barely 20 years old, those numbers are impressive.

the obsession/protest from handegg babbies ITT is telling

MLS's growth has been slow in the US. In their inaugural year, they drew about 17.5K fans per game, with no teams in Canada and no Seattle hipster team to boost up the overall attendances averages. Take away the Canadian teams and average attendance is at about 20K. Take away the one meme team responsible for MLS's attendance "growth" and we're back at about 17.5K.

On television, it can't draw flies, losing to billiards of all things.

Soccer really hasn't "grown." It was supposed to turn into a major sport here on the back of Pele 40 years ago. Never happened. Only league that's relevant is the Liga MX due to the 11 million illegals aliens.

I never quite understood what Eurosharts and their other 3rd world acolytes on Sup Forums mean by the fact that they spend more time talking about MLS than American posters themselves

>can only sell out with half the stadium closed
the absolute STATE of spickick lmao

This. 98% of the discussion seems to consist of thirdworlders screeching about how all of us care about soccer deep down, when the reality is that even in cities with MLS teams, the majority of the population doesn't know of their local team.

I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.

Except they aren't even filling them, retard. Whereas NBA/NHL teams with even smaller stadiums are doing so 5x better.

Based Cowlubus not giving a shit about peasantball. Doesn't help it's in the midlle of the ghetto

Also, the league may be 20 years old but soccer isn't.

The big 4 were all formed at essentially the birth of the sport and grew with the sport itself. No one gives a fuck to watch soccer. We didn't even sell out World Cup arenas and that was counting fans from all over the world attending.

This. Even the XFL averaged more fans per game in their first and only season than the MLS is after 20 years.

I'm from Columbus (one of the cities that the media says cares about the MLS) and I've never met a single Crew fan in my entire life. I would barely even notice that team exists if I wasn't passing some raggedy billboard advertising them every day on my way to work. Meanwhile, Buckeyes (amateur football), Blue Jackets (hockey), Browns, Steelers, Cavs, Bengals, Reds (teams not even in our city) fans are everywhere.

My dude, you're responding to copypasta.

>it's a french obsessed with amerilards thread
sad!

Even if it's pasta I was agreeing with it, because it's the truth. Nobody here gives a shit about soccer.

>Whereas NBA/NHL teams with even smaller stadiums are doing so 5x better
Sauce you fucking nig nog

Ironically, I can't stop seeing Atl Utd flags and shit literally anywhere I go in the city limits here. And the majority of people I talk to know about the team, and many of those actively follow it.

Maybe it has to do with us being such a wildly successful expansion. Who knows. People here take anything that Arthur Blank does pretty seriously.

laughing so fucking hard at the nfl.
>2 teams
TWO FUCKING TEAMS HOLY FUCKING KEK

That's cute, try 200,000

>wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay_v_Brazil_(1950_FIFA_World_Cup)

>1950

not even our parents were alive for this

>take the two worst teams in the league with barely any post merger history(aka the history thst actually matters)
>put them in LA where college ball is more popular than pro
>fail
>all while the raiders move to Vegas and will eat up any remaining fanbase both teams thought they has
LOVING EVERY LAUGH
O
V
I
N
G

Take the proxy off Jose

Weak rebuttal.

Biggest crowd ever for a non-motorsport sport event (as motorsports should not be taken into account for obvious reasons) is football, and it was 1950 World Cup.
Also that match was GOAT because Brazil got humiliated at home in a crowd of nearly 200,000 people. Their goalkeeper from the time (Barbosa) became a national pariah and scapegoat.

>(real football)
It's not real football if the only history your team has is failure

>Atlanta United
>Dallas FC

Can they seriously not come up with any other names besides these? Seems like all the MLS teams are named the same

I don't know if this is terrible bait or if French people are actually this retarded. The Dallas Cowboys in a season opening rivalry game, and the Falcons coming back from a devastating loss in the owl? And you think they fucking care about a shit sport like divegrass?

anything but shit like
>New England Revolution
>San Jose Earthquakes
>Montreal Impact
>Columbus Crew
>LA Galaxy
>Colorado Rapids
>Houston Dynamo
this

fucking godawful

nypost.com/2017/09/08/nfls-opening-night-was-a-tv-ratings-disaster/

That article doesn't give any numbers for the Cowboys or Falcons game, let alone FC Dallas and Atlanta United, Pierre. What we do have is information that any average football game pulls in millions of viewers ( sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/ ) whereas the second best viewership for divegrass didn't even break a half million ( ajc.com/sports/atlanta-united-draws-2nd-highest-rating-fs1/uvQ9GTqGZsI7N7wWwJAkfI/ ). Even with a 50% decrease in NFL ratings and a 200% increase in MLS ratings it's highly unlikely the viewership for poverty ball would outpace either football game.

Expect a dip for NFL ratings Bruce, people are bored with it, for plenty of reasons
And if you say dip in ratings, you say dip in commercial revenues
I also am not saying that MLS will replace it anytime soon

Is the Bernabeu filled with fat orange people?

>tfw Yuropoors care way more about our shit sports than we care about their shit sports

Not much of a difference, all the newer English ones are bowls. Emirates, Wembley, Olympic, the new Spurs and Chelsea stadiums...

Are you seriously talking about history when your team changes cities every 15 years?

bump

pretty sure he means single tier bowls that look like they were dug into the ground like the Big House and the Colliseum

>not naming your team after a disaster

Why don't you list Chicago Fire or New York Jets if you hate the Earthquakes?

that's cute, try 150.000 (and a really fat dear leader)