S-s-soccer w-will n-never be popular here. r-r-right g-guys???/???/??

>s-s-soccer w-will n-never be popular here. r-r-right g-guys???/???/??

how worried are amerilards right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/17/british-teeth-us-dentistry-oral-health
twitter.com/mls/status/873731869195554816
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_association_football
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kek that's like 2,000 people
high school football games get more than that

its 45,000 champ

>2000

kek.

how many is this then? 150?

>s-spee is American "sports" b-board, it can't be, I refuse it to be like that, IT WAS HER TURN

Post teeth

Handegg sucks but you guys gotta get a better example than LA before you can officially BTFO them because LA is not representative of anything except LA

How about the 49ers?

It was literally made as a result of American football.

That's cute, compare it to Atlanta's football team's numbers though.

Wow!

>that one section that literally has only 2 people in it

lol

Post stomach

And now football controls this board. How times change.

Post jiggly man tits

>using a picture from years ago

genuinley pathetic and SAD

The real reason why the team is popular in Atlanta is because, as a city of transplants, everyone brings their old team with them from New York, Pennsylvania, New Orleans, or wherever in every sport but soccer. AUFC is the first pro team everyone in Atlanta can support together (until they start losing).

There's a reason nobody outside of America likes American """foot""" """ball"""

Mmm thats noice my aussie lad

i never understood why both in nfl and nba the home teams are on the right instead of left

Atlanta's attendance has been really impressive so far, I hope they can keep it up. Although this stadium isn't anywhere near full, they just put tarps over the upper deck. The full capacity is something like 70,000 and what we see there is 45,000.

afair it was intended that way. 2-decks stadium for football, 3-decks stadium for handegg. But if there is demand they said they would open the upper deck for football

> Anglos.

Because it's supposed to read "opponent @ home team". So that's would be read Green Bay @ Atlanta

post mosque

Don't be lazy and just look outside the window like every western European...

lel the person that designed this stadium is a moron

They placed it miles outside of the city they're supposed to represent, they made the tickets retarded expensive thinking the silicon valley crow actually cares about football, and then they place a majority of the fans in direct sunlight. It's no wonder the place empties out and stays empty through the game.

Plus the owner is a fucking retard.

So this... is the power of Divegrass

sorry lad but soccer will never be this popular in the US

reminder that there isnt a sports team in the world more valuable than the dallas cowboys

Same city, amateur Football

I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.

Post early surrender to the nazis

urmmm americans aren't anglo sweaty xx

this is what happens when you drop /hayne/

>Soccer is popular

glad the seppos can see eye to eye with us regarding soccer

it really is a shit sport that doesn't deserve anyone's time. If the pooropeeans and south americans had a better sport to play like we do no one would give a fuck about it

lol rekt

Soccer is the trendy thing to like right now. It's foreign, it's weird, it's not mainstream. You can hang out in a trendy pub and drink a pint of locally brewed IPA and munch on crisps while you cheer with your lads. Pic related, it's the average American soccer fan.

>Pic related, it's the average American soccer fan.
No, the average American soccer fan is named Gutierrez or Rodriguez and wouldn't be caught dead in some white hipster bar.

we get a little bit of that here
people think they're cultured and elegant for watching soccer, without having any idea about how far that is from the truth

Don't see why you want it to be popular over there. If I'm watching "soccer" I'm gonna watch EU , if I want to watch American Football I'm watching NA because thats where the best players and the culture are for each one.

College football is just real weird from an outside perspective but I guess if you apply it to how it happens it makes sense. Is it cheap to go to?

Probably one of the only differences between hipsters in different countries are the sports. Hipster wouldn't be seen dead going the footy game.

That's nonsensical though

> Hipster wouldn't be seen dead going the footy game.
This.
In fact I've never seen an hipster in a bar that has TV.

>how worried are amerilards right now?

Why would we be worried about a sport gaining popularity in our country? If people want to watch soccer, that's cool. I personally have zero interest in it, but why would I care if others do?

Football is quite popular in hipster circles in Oslo and is still gaining traction. Weird what the interests of a few influential people can do in a small country like Norway.

theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/17/british-teeth-us-dentistry-oral-health

>College football is just real weird from an outside perspective but I guess if you apply it to how it happens it makes sense. Is it cheap to go to?

Yes, very cheap, even for big teams, because the fanbase is mostly college kids and the stadiums are so massive. Michigan, for example, has a capacity of 110,000. It's really fun, too, there's a strong family/community atmosphere to college football, as opposed to the NFL teams that represent these huge regions. Go to a college game and you can get drunk with your classmates or alumni. Go to a pro game and you're going to be sitting next to some asshole who lives 100 miles away and is just there because his company had tickets.

I've lived in 7 different major US cities throughout my life and have visited 48 states at one point or another on business. I meet thousands of different people a year and usually break the ice with small talk about sports. Out of all the people I've met in this country over the years, literally one individual gave two shits about soccer in any capacity. He claimed to be an Arsenal fan. I don't know who these American proxies are that are trying to shill the sport on this board, but it's egregiously disingenuous. If these posters are for real, at the very least, they are non-existent in the business sector (i.e. people who actually have and spend money).

The fact is, soccer has and will always remain an activity for children in this country, a reason for mothers to get out of the house and gossip with each other while the kids play a non-contact game chasing a ball around. Youth soccer season runs almost year round, so it has that advantage over other youth sports. Once kids are old enough, though, they almost without exception drop it to focus more intently on our adult sports. This post isn't meant to trigger soccer fans into replying to it, whether you're really from America, or some international fan reading this. It's just the way it is here. The more you know.

If I lived in Norway you can bet your ass I'd be all over that comfy league desu.
What's not to like?

Literally this. Every fan of soccer in the US is one of those betas that grew up thinking popular sports were barbaric and now won't shut the fuck up about the "finesse" of European sports

How can we make *real* football more popular in the US? Bolzplätze bauen?

I like soccer but will never watch the mls. To make a comparison, watching the MLS is like watching a high school football between two teams you have no direct association with as opposed to watching the PL on tv which would be your NFL equivalent.

I love that the Brits are sensitive enough about the stereotype to write an article about it. It reminds me of the Americans on Sup Forums who point out that *technically* there are about a dozen countries in the world fatter than us.

Helmets + shotclock + unlimited subs + organs playing randomly

> "Soccer" not barbaric

Yeah, Joe.

>College football is just real weird from an outside perspective

What's weird about it? So many people caring for a amateur sports team?

Basically the students, alumni, and locals really support their team. Many of the big college football universities are places where there are no NFL teams and college football was for a long time more popular than the NFL.

I bet its having a schools marching band at the games throws off Euros

No. Most soccer fans in the US are hispanic immigrants. How are you guys not aware of this? There are 50 million of us here for fuck's sake, you never noticed that the guys mowing your lawn have Barca shirts on?

yeah it's fucking stupid but it's what they think

it's the exact same in Australia and New Zealand

>American education

Soccer is considered to be a sport for women and spoiled middle class children here, the only exception to this rule are the latinos.

>captcha
>full evangelico

>occasionally tripping each other and crying about it
>anywhere close to the contact in American sports
Kek

50/50, if anything the keeper should of been sent off

These are your average US soccer fans

Guess that makes sense. Can't go wrong with cheap day out getting drunk and watching sport.

Yeah no one gives a shit about the U21s and even less so the Uni football teams. I suppose the distance probably matters aswell. Theres at least 3 football teams of varying skill levels within an hour public transport for me.

For fuck's sake....most US soccer fans are hispanics. Look at the ratings for Liga MX games, or El Clasico, and compare them to MLS. It's not even close.

His head is moving towards das Manes foot.

I really enjoy watching soccer though. Why all the hate? Can we just come together for ONE THREAD and welcome the US to the world soccer community?

do portland fans actually watch the game? or is it just a liberal meetup

Clearly headbutted his foot. Glad Mane came out of it alright.

says the league that changes all jerseys to PINK once a year for "breast cancer awareness" (meanwhile approximately 5% of those jersey sales actually go to charity lol)

at least post a picture where it's not half time you dumb redneck

twitter.com/mls/status/873731869195554816

this is the league you support

I have heard fake British accents, bad etiquette (not standing for corners / complaining when other people stand for corners), racism directed toward Latino supporters groups while the main supporters groups is littered in "Say No to Racism" banners, and Montreal Impact (away) supporters spew racist shit at minority players
American soccer fans, in my experience, suck. And they're huge phonies. That's why I stopped going to games

i dont understand why its just a politics fest, its like politics > the game you're paying to attend

>I have heard fake British accents
Why tho? Also was it like posh Received Pronunciation?

>This is the league you support
>supporting a league instead of a team
Concussionball has turned your brain to putty, dude. Of course there are fag flags in Portland, it would never happen down south though.

Literally nobody gives a fuck, you Paki.

Why do we always do this "soccer vs american football" bullshit? I guess I can see how it makes for good shitposting, but do you guys really have this imagined belief that only one of the two sports can be successful in this country? We have 3 leagues in 3 different sports that are overwhelmingly popular already, and I don't see what the problem is with adding a 4th.

The overwhelming majority of ATL UTD fans I know here also like the Falcons in some capacity. If anything, there is a lot more crossover between those fans than any of the other Atlanta teams. I'd imagine that american football fans and soccer fans have a lot more common ground than the other big sports. All that needs to happen is them getting over this "hurr durr my sport is better than yours xD" mindset, but then again, I'm pretty sure that's only really present on Sup Forums.

Epl games here have English commentators, I think you hear it enough and assume it's acceptable to speak that way

>I'm pretty sure that's only really present on Sup Forums
You're wrong. The 'football or handegg' debate is pretty universal across the English-speaking internet.

The NHL?

>internet

I guess that's what I meant. In the real world, I have only ever met a handful of people (a small handful) who have these juvenile mindsets.

I like the NHL, but I don't think I'd call them nearly as popular as MLB and NBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

People will shit fling about anything, especially when they can use it to feel superior without actually doing anything themselves. The rare person I run into that watches American football over here tend to be big all round sports fans anyway. Probably because you have to seek it out a bit more or whatever.

It's an online shitposting phenomenon. I'm in the deep south and no one talks shit here. In fact we all grew up playing football as the main sport and soccer as the off season sport.
Point being, the soccer haters are probably the dudes who never played a sport in their life and derive all sense of self-worth from their sports team. So they've got to feel like the "biggest league" and whatever else.

it's hard to spit on a peculiar sport IRL without sounding ridiculous.
I despise every sport but (association) football, but I restrain myself showing my disgust about them when discussing with people.
So I do it here.

>So they've got to feel like the "biggest league" and whatever else

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It would stand to reason that the people who never actually engaged would develop the biggest complex about the sport they have only ever followed, never engaged.

What other sports are even close to being as popular in frogland? I honestly have no idea.

Ohio is a shithole and should just be one giant windfarm anyway. This picture is irrelevant.

Rugby, tennis, cycling, track & field, handball
But nowhere near the popularity of football

wait, the "soon" stadium finished?

how many teams does mls have now? how many have proper football stadiums?

>how many teams does mls have now?
MLS has 22 teams.

>how many have proper football stadiums?
MLS has 15 stadiums that were built specifically for soccer. The largest stadiums were originally built for football or baseball.

>Americans get into soccer
>Soon Americans dominate soccer
>mass talent migration to professional American soccer leagues
>Fifa bankrupt
>replaced by UNMLS (United Nations of Major League Soccer)
>Entire world now forced to call it soccer

that sounds pretty good

2nd divison when?

The horrific state of the football.

The "soon" stadium is possibly the best example of a "good compromise" in terms of allowing an NFL stadium to host soccer games. Aside from some obvious things like total size of the pitch, seating arrangements, etc. you really would be hard pressed to find any Falcons branding during a game. It really is well done.

Right, but remember that we can still blame bongs for "soccer".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_association_football

i unironically haven't been to a dentist for 10 years.

This reads like shitty Sup Forums pasta. Well done finn-bro. I think we should make that into a thing.

"Soccer is a gateway sport of the worst kind."