Will it be the most impressive advertising stunt of all time if they reach the Champions League final?

Will it be the most impressive advertising stunt of all time if they reach the Champions League final?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0
forbes.com/profile/dietrich-mateschitz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they were formula 1 champions for years and I'm not drinking more Redbull because of that

At some point you have to say that Red Bull is hardly doing this for advertising. Sure they like the exposure, but they sponsor so many random tournaments like soapbox derbies and Flugtag competitions that I think they're just doing all of this to pass time with all the money they have.

Football has like 20 times (probably even 50 times) the reach of formula 1 though

I never drank that piss. Will only get addicted to that horse piss. Sticking to coffee.

>energy drinks
There's nothing better in the world like water, pure water.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0

I feel like it's just embarrassing to have that level of advertising on your team. Guess it's their way to get around the fact you can't cut to ads every 5 minutes in football.

>expecting a brazilian to drink anything but guarana anarctica or the sopa mocaco stock.

I'd rather have billboards, ads on kits, ads on pitch, even local teams named after a product, than 1 fucking second of commercial during a match.

>The absolute state of the NFL
SAD

I started drinking Red Bull since they got promoted to bundesliga

This. So much this.
Just imagine TV passing a commercial while a sub is being done, or they're setting up a barrier for a free kick.
I'd literally destroy my TV.

Fair enough. Obviously I'd rather neither but I suppose we're getting the better half of the deal. I'm still not sure I could go and see my local team the Liverpool MonstersTM play though.

Fact is, successful football clubs are their own brands, so I guess we don't really have to worry. Branding is the extreme cringe case of sponsorship

Yeah. It's just the precedent being set that I don't like but I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out.

First time I drank Red Bull was in Polan. It was forbidden back then in France. I remember when we crossed the Germany-Polan border we tossed a can to a group of pole kids. They were so happy, it was like they didn't eat for like 1 week.

it's a fucking energy drink company, how do they have so much money for all that shit?

forbes.com/profile/dietrich-mateschitz/

>Red Bull sold a record of over 6 billion cans in 2016, almost enough to give a caffeine jolt to every human on the planet.

This. Football clubs are brands by themselves, and having name sponsorships is detrimental to building a good brand image. Around here, name sponsoring is common as hell and has been a thing since the early 70ties, yet Rapid Wien, who are arguably the best brand in the country don't have one. They can play like absolute shit for months and still have double the attendance of teams that play far better football. Ultimately being a good brand has nothing to do with being a good team, or even being successful, it's about connecting with the fan on an emotional level and the club badge and name should never be touched under any circumstances. You don't see McDonalds changing their logo every second year, right?

>Cashpoint Altach vs Mcdonalds Linz
cant wait la

if I were the owner of a rival team, like bayern, I would spend part of the annual budget in publishing 'science' studies against the use of redbull and other energy drinks causing cardiac problems and advanced aging or whatever

I buy 10 cans of Red Bull every time Timo Werner scores la, Red Bull 4 Life

>if

It's kinda difficult on radio transmissions in here and it's horrible with most Mexican channels, they must announce shit inbetween the match religiously every 10 minutes, altogether with virtual sponsors shitting on the pitch, at this point I always mute them, basically as shitty as the NFL.

>against the use of redbull and other energy drinks causing cardiac problems and advanced aging or whatever
Uli Hoeneß literally has a sausage factory

So does Clemens "what a lucky coincidence my successful brother tragically died and I got to inherit everything" Tönnies.