If Scots are Celts why do they look so different to the Irish???

I am from the republic of Ireland who is visiting Scotland. I am shocked that the Scots look nothing like us Irish but more like the English why is this????
I thought Scots were Celts like us or are they more Germanic???

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scots are fucking ugly

Because they constantly got raped by the inbred Anglos.

Post a picture of a typical Irish person and then a picture of a typical Scottish person from your point of view.

Scottish Person

Irish Person

that's not fair all politicians look deformed in some way.

>he fell for the "Scotland was oppressed by England" meme

Scotland was never conquered. Ireland was.

I'm just don't understand why two peoples who live geographically so close look so different. When they are supposedly both celts

When in reality scotland conquered england

Are you confusing genes with culture? There were alot of germanic and scandinavian settlements of britain,, very few of ireland

Post some examples of male models so we can judge the best of you both.

DELETE THIS

Scottish people are the descendents of Picts, Irish people are the descendents of Gaels and Welsh/Cornish people are the descendents of Britons.. All Celts but they've been distinct from one another for milennia.

Scots and Northern irish also have quite a significant admixture of Norse blood if i'm not mistaken

Because

>SURPRISE SURPRISE

races are irrelevant to attractiveness.

Despite the Irish fantasy of having colonized Scotland it is not remotely true.

Scotland's original population were Brythonic Celts (akin to the welsh) throughout the south and central and eastern Scotland. Norse-Irish took the western highlands and Western Galloway only. Northumbrian (Angles) then came and ruled from the Humber to the Forth and all the way west to the Nith. Then Normans came, and Flems and other Europeans.

So obviously the ethnic makeup is significantly different to the Irish.

Scots in language and in people was never in large amounts. They just won against the pics and became the ruling class, and were dispersed into the population of Angles and Brythonics everywhere except the Western Highlands.

Scots are probably the least "Celtic" people as a whole of all the "celtic" nations.

Wow I never knew that. Thanks for answering my question.

There was never a migration of Celtic people from Europe, just a cultural migration.

im scottish you fucking idiot, if you think hes an average scottish person your insane

Really unless a persons name is of Gaelic origin they aren't related to Scots/Gaels/Irish. Most Scots have pretty Anglo names.

Yeah that makes sense. The Scots don't really seem that Celtic in comparison with other Celtic peoples.

No he is an indigenous Scot. I've noticed other Scottish guys that have very similar facial features hair colour etc than he does.
Us Irish tend to have fairer hair and eyes and sharper facial features.

It's because the Irish are originally from Africa.

I'm not talking about who conquered who. The scots mated more with the English than the Irish mated with the English. That's fact.

Yes you're right, most English people living in the east of the country do too, I think the Welsh and the Cornish are the only ones who never had any significant contact with Norse peoples, but then again we were under Roman rule for 300+ years so I don't know if there's any genetic impact from them left here or not.

It's alright, linguistically though, Scottish Gaelic and Irish are very similar, like Welsh, Cornish and Breton are to eachother.

Because Scots are the real Celts. We are just Celts diluted by Normans.

Celts are NOT an ethnic group.

It was a culture and even the language varied.

It makes me laugh to see Irish and Scots trying as hard as they can, to forge a distinct identity from the mainland Britons.

'Celtish' culture died out over 1000 years ago and only kept alive by 'Muh heritage Americans' and a handful of kids.

Sorry to burst peoples bubbles but there we go!

Mexican intellectuals sent an envoy of scholars prior to white makes destroying their civilization.

No. The English just are the result of Norman-Roman-Celtic-Anglo Saxon racebreeding. The Irish are just descendents of pagan mongoloids.

Normans only got to Leinster. Never conquered Ireland.

The Celts are only in the highlands. If you're in the south then you're observing Anglo-Saxons.

>muh heritage delusion
see here

This.

Celtic culture is from central Europe. Celts are not a people in any sort of Genetically similar way. It is purely cultural.

Gaels share population similarities as do say Welsh and Cumbrians and Brittons.

Celtic as a concept is a bit of an invention by nationalist/separatist groups.

>one infographic created by an english protestant in the 18th century
>accurate

Thanks vodkabro . . .. evidence seems to lead to an origin somewhere in the Alpine region but even then - others say it goes into Kurgan Russia.

Kurgan hypothesis is better unless you're a faggot :^)

Suck my ass, Mohammed.

After the highland clearance we are pretty much English with pretend accents until you hit the top of the hills and islands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

> Mohammed.
Can you see my county flag?

No . . .because you are a wanker . . .. No mussies or niggers anywhere near me.

the Bell Beaker/Le tene Alpine cultures seem to have given birth to it, but the Kurgan hypothesis is interesting, as there are genetic similarities with Kurgans and Western "Celtic" population. We may never really know.

>beaker people

I'm impressed you have some knowledge on this, have a drink on me.

Cheers. Population genetics and anthropology are a passion.

>Cheers
I see you picked up English colloquialisms too?

Spent a lot of time in the UK.

Wow. As a student or working?

The only Russians I have come across are ethnic Russians from Latvia and a few from Ukraine (who ran here to avoid national service)

>Celts are not a people in any sort of Genetically similar way

Eh...pic related.

Autosomally, yes, they're like everyone else in western Europe, but...

Rubbish Haplogroup . . .kys.

>rubbish haplogroup

As opposed to the good haplogroups? Eabodadiaf.

Us Scots are actually Picts. It's just that Celts were here first and us Scots aren't just parochially racist, but thick too.

Lowland Scots are indistinguishable from English and are considered Germanic

Lowland Scotland had similar levels of Germanic immigration from Germany/Scandanavia as England

This cartoon you posted means absolutely fuck all . .. you know that right?

And this map is just as shit too.

Working yes.

Celts are much more than just Gael and Britons you know. That is the common logotype on those areas. Its unrelated to the Celts across the rest of Europe. Celt is not a genetic term, not a phenotype and certainly not a haplotype.

Picts were only the East of Scotland. Brithonic Celts in the central and lowlands were never called Picts, though they assumption is that they are all related.

Celt is more a culture than an ethnicity. We were celt before, the english too, and the original celts were living on an area in central europe.

Common haplotype*

different interactions

How is shit

It's literally just a historical map

The Anglo kingdom of Northumbria didn't stop at Hadrians wall, It extended into Scotland

During the early medieval period when many Anglos, Saxons, Jutes and Vikings came to Britain, they didn't just settle in modern day England, they also settled in Scotland.

And don't give me the old "They just changed the language, ethnic replacement can't happen on large scales", because they've dug up plenty of skeletons and It's estimated the average English and lowland Scot gets at least 40% of their DNA from the Germanic invaders

South Side Irish Pride, yo. The Original Irish were Black. Whitey appropriated Black Irish heritage.

You only need to look at the surnames in the borders and all the way up the east coast. They aren't Gaelic they are Anglo.

>I don't know how SNPs work

Ok.

>its unrelated to the Celts across the rest of Europe

There are no Celts across the rest of Europe in any meaningful sense.

I think the fact that half of the men in extant "Celtic nations" share direct patrilineal descent from a common ancestor 4,500 years ago is somewhat interesting, coupled with the fact that our oldest M269 remains all evince steppe admixture (even those found beyond the steppe that are xL23) that most European populations retain to this day and the subclades grow progressively younger the further west you go. Add in the fact that L21 (predominantly insular Celtic), U152 (I'd label it Romano-Celtic or continental Celtic) and U106 (very obviously Germanic) were all born within a few centuries of each other, and it paints a somewhat compelling picture of western European genetic history.

That rather seems to be his point.

MUH HERITAGE!!

Yes I was agreeing stupid American.

That response makes no sense in this language, Slavaboo.

This is now an American hate thread.

It's NOT an historic map.

I come from the West Country and the County I live in comes under the umbrella of Wessex, your 'map' bears no resemblance to this.

I am not an expert on British Genealogy but I am fairly well versed with my own region and the surrounding areas.

>very few Scandinavian settlements in Ireland

Mate, ever settlement on our east coast were viking settlements. Wexford = Veisafjǫrðr, Waterford = Veðrafjǫrðr, Dublin = Dyflin, etc.

It's something he found on wikipedia.

But he's an America, he knows everything.

Seems more like "I hit the wall of my knowledge of genetics, cyka" thread.

>But he's an American, he knows everything.
No surprises there then!

>Australia is now America

This

Australia = almost as stupid as America, but with a better sense of humor.

>another vote for Australia is America

That guy is now our head of state

>America is now Australia.
Next New Zealand.

You don't understand the 1st thing about population genetics. R-L21 is just a subclade of R1b common to the British isles. They happen to be "Celtic" in language and historically in culture. That does not make all "Celts" R-L21.

Would you like some fries with that?

Really? haha

We have Pict blood as well you faggot

See

>the assumption is that they were all related
on top of this theres the Anglo-Saxon mixing in the lowlands which would've slowly spread up

the north also had large amounts of Norse interaction and (I believe) the West had a lot more Flemish interaction, though I could be wrong on that one

This is all after the Romans raped us a few times as well so I'd assume there is at least a small amount of genetic impact from then, especially if the theory about the Lost Legion settling instead of being wiped out is true.

You entirely missed the point. Y-DNA SNPs don't magically appear out of the ether.

>on our east coast were viking settlements
Doesn't Donegal mean fort of the foreigner or similar too?

Most famous German: Karl the great (french called him charlemange)
Most famous Russian: Stalin
Most famous Macedonian: Alexander
Most famous Frenchman: Napoleon
Most famous Turk: Tamerlane
Most famous pole: Zizek

The Roman impact on Genetics would be minimal and probably too small to detect in modern populations. Also at that time in history it was mostly auxiliaries stationed in Northern Britain and they came from all over Europe - probably weren't that different from the native population.

Anglo influence as far north as Aberdeen is pretty ancient given the origins of Doric Scots.

Not sure about Flemish influence, they seem to have come as wealthy land owners and merchants and settled all over.

>theres the Anglo-Saxon mixing in the lowlands which would've slowly spread up
????? . . .according to a 1950 Ladybird Book of History!

Roman genetics are pretty much non-existent in Brits and almost undetectable.

Donne = Dun = Fort

Gal = Gael.

Maybe you are thinking Galway/Galloway (Literally Gaels from away) as in Norse-Irish?

thanks for the correction on the Roman stuff lads

Gall = foreigner/stranger.

>Most famous Russian: Stalin
Always thought this would have been Catherine?

Thanks burger that makes sense.

Depends who you ask.

Who's the most famous American, or Brit?

I'm not saying that Roman culture didn't have an influence . . . .because it did.

And I have ho doubt that Roman ficki-ficki din't happen. . . .because it's almost certain that it did.

But it was fairly regular practise, even in Recent times to get rid of unwanted babies, even throwing them in sewers, it was quite common actually.

They were only in Scotland for what, 80 years? Again mostly auxiliaries and not really in significant numbers.

That's a pretty small impact.

Most famous American is normally either Lincoln or Washington here

Brit I have no idea what people consider the most famous, Diana or Lizzy seeing as the royalty has became a fad among people from different countries and normies don't give a shit about History?

whats your take on those 3?

>tfw you sperg out at 1am
I'm too tired senpai

My point is it depends who you ask.

American: Henry Ford
Brit: Darwin
Russian: My cousin Yanish who gets good weed.

I worked hard on that troll list for a good two minutes, the least you can do is appreciate it instead of taking it seriously.

No one takes American seriously.

The Romans mostly lived in villas and kept themselves to themselves.

It's funny because in the town where I live we had a large Italian POW camp. They were put to work on farms, building and even digging a huge drainage river.

They were so placid that most of them were allowed to walk around on their own (wearing POW uniforms of course) . . .after the war most of them never went home but wanted to stay in Britain . . .. they became Ice-cream salesman and builders.