What's Sauron's power level?

What's Sauron's power level?

Probably around end movie aragorns level

Couldn't be too high if he got BTFO by some measly hobbits.

Illuvitar>Valar>Sauron>Maia>Elves>Mortals

No human can match a Maia!

Generally speaking, yes.

you missed the point. neckbeards ruined fantasy and science fiction with their power level wanking.

Absolutely false
That's like saying aragorn is as powerful as Gandalf and then some

this desu

1. Wizards
2. Dragons
3. Demons/Trolls/Eagles
4. Aragorn/Sauron
5. Nazgul/Elves

Tolkein is on record as saying Sauron is the most powerful Maia.

You're so wrong it hurts.

He was a powerful guy.

Do you even know what you're talking about

why did he become a lighthouse in the movies?

I think he's a lesser "angel", like Gandalf.
But since he was Memekor's apprentice he got some sick perks to go with it.

the scene depicted is his 'death', after the ring is destroyed he becomes a giant cloud and gets blown away by the western wind

oh I see, I thought it was suppossed to represent his "presence" from the books.
do any of you have such painting?

Sauron binding himself to the ring really wasn't a great idea, was it?

It allowed him to reform his body and live on centuries after being killed.

It just seems dumb in the movie because they make it seem like cutting the ring off his hand is what killed him

This is good bait; I'm gonna copy it.

Reminder that Sauron is canonically still alive after the events of LOTR
Sequel when?

where did he go then?

He also have to power of the most powerful valar

to hell

Could be worse. Look at Morgoth. His power became dispersed and he couldn't shit. Except get put in the camel clutch by Tulkas.

He was just dispersed. He can't die but he also can never regain his power so he's stuck being an evil shadow just lurking in the dark.

By the time of Lord of the Rings, Sauron was greatly weakened by multiple "deaths", existing only because the Ring still held a large portion of his ancient power. In earlier ages, Sauron took many forms, some of the exceedingly bishi and other gigantic and killy.

Weird how nobody ever shits on that. It's a giant fiery cat eye on top of a tower. Fucking stupid visually and any other way you want to judge it.

As Mairon, his "original" form

As Annatar, the form he used to fool the Elves into making the rings of power

Based Ted Naismith as always

Another Mairon

can he talk or interact with other people?

nice but I meant Sauron during the LotR trilogy

Maybe in Narnia you 7 year old faggot

And as he appeared when taken in chains to Numenor, only to corrupt that nation and rise to being the chief advisor of the Pharoh. This was the last time he could assume a fair form, after his "death" when Numenor was cast down, he could only take the form of an ugly black giant, much as he appeared in the movies, and after THAT "death", only as a spectre or "eye".

There are Elves and Men who existed that would single handedly hand Sauron his ass to him on a plate.

Eru > Morgoth(Prime) > Valar > Strong Maia = Elves/Men of Old > Morgoth(Weak) > Sauron > Maiar > recent elves/current men > hobbits > potatoes

Japan

He's not described IIRC. He has a form and body though.

Not really. He can just whisper bad shit to people while asleep. Stuff like that. He's basically just a dickish ghost.

No but presumably you could make contact with him via magic of some kind. It would be a terribly bad idea, tho.

Would fug

the only thing described of sauron during the trilogy is a long black hand missing a finger

Would much rather see a movie about some of the stuff in the Silmarillion, or Beren + Luthien or Children of Hurin

LMAO Why is Sauron such a faggot? I know he has a master right? So he does all this gay af shit just to please his senpai?

based Fingolfin proves this

Man that would be pretty boring, wonder what he thinks about while he floats around for the rest of eternity

Sauron is not the most physically deadly of the Maiar, that would be Ancalagon or Gothmog. His power lay in his brilliance and in his indomitable will and his corrupting influence. In these regards he had no equals, tho individuals rivalled him in various of his gifts (Saruman was /almost/ as persuasive and brilliant, Gandalf was /almost/ as strong-willed, Alatar and Pallando were /almost/ as gifted at magic as him, etc etc.

There are even some special combinations where ancient men/elves approached/surpassed levels that the Valar are capable of, never forget the moment when the entire host of the Valar stood back and let the half-man, half-elf, Earendil solo Ancalagon the Black with nothing but his flying magical boat and a silmaril as a weapon

How he did it is left unsaid but the dragon was so big that it's fall completely toppled a mountain range.

For you

Sauron definitely counts as a "strong Maia".

Idk, a movie were Sauron takes over the body of a foolish cultist and starts to rebuild his empire in the modern day would be baller. He'd LOVE the modern world, all that technology, he'd love capitalism and the subtlety of modern politics, I could see him rising to be King of America within a century. Even if he didn't have any magic powers, his superhuman intelligence and charisma would go a long way, and maybe a modern particle accelerator can generate energies high enough to forge a NEW ring of power?

> His power lay in his brilliance and in his indomitable will and his corrupting influence.

That's true, but don't forget that strong force of arms was the go-to back during the days of Morgoth, Sauron was regularly getting himself slapped silly for coming out into the open back then. There was the time he got face-sat on by a girl elf.

So Sauron is basically Batman

"Maybe I shouldn't have defied the will of the most powerful being in the Universe"

He has his niche, but he mainly capitalizes on being a sneaky cunt rather than outright power by his own virtue of self.

If Sauron was alone without such a huge army on Middle-Earth, they probably would have just sent Glorfindel to go kick his ass and tell him to get bent.

So saurons original form is a qt evil elf?

Yes but Sauron's power actually grows over time, since the creatures powerful to physically beat him mostly die or go home, while populations and thus opportunities for corruption grow. 1 on 1 he would have been a match for anyone left alive during the war of the ring (maybe not Elrond) but he didn't have to risk the fight because he had millions of slaves to do his bidding.

I'd watch it.

More a Frank Underwood.

An angel more accurately but yes, he was always supernaturally beautiful until the destruction of Numenor, after which he was a black giant.

No pod is worth two slaves, not by a longshot!

>Morgoth(Weak) > Sauron
Wrong. Sauron was stronger than Morgoth at the end of their respective last wars

>Yes but Sauron's power actually grows over time

I get what you're saying about him, but no evil entities own sense of power can grow over time, it's all downhill.

During the war of the ring, had he tried to fight against the likes of Glorfindel, a FIRST AGE elf specced towards actual combat, he would have been vanquished in a moment.

He is potent though, if you aren't a man with a powerful mind you will quite literally go insane just being in his presence.

Crossed with Moriarty and an evil Tony Stark.

>I wish I was a little Japanese girl

It's depressing that this is probably true.

Jesus Christ, how did Morgoth let himself go so wrong. Using your very essence to corrupt the Arda was a mistake.

Dragons are most powerfull when it comes to combat

That was more because of Huans plot armor than Luthien though

>You will never see Saruon and Finrod have that music battle.

Also how Beren managed to sneak into Angband with his gf and steal said Silmaril from Morgoth's hat, which it took the whole host of the Valar to get the other two.

Valar are the strongest when it comes to combat.

Morgoth in the very beginning was so powerful the very Earth shook with his might.

He used to be a shape-shifting badass, like an evil Maui

Already started. It's only a matter of time before Hollywood gets ahold of Tolkien's The New Shadow script.

Chris tolkien confirmed it in one of later HoME's.

wrong. Tulkas and even Eonwe > dragons

>Valar are the strongest when it comes to combat.

It very much depends. I doubt the goddess of grief is a very good fighter, Gothmog the Maia would certainly kick her ass in a brawl.

Luthien sung everyone to sleep. She was OP, Beren wasn't anything more than a mortal man.

no not in combat that is why he created his ultimate creatures dragons, every time he needed to destroy city or win war he was just unleashing them

The Valar who are good at combat are what let them outweigh everybody else. You can't say Maiar are the best at combat when there are Valar that would kick Gothmogs ass

I don't think you can actually kill one of the Valar though, regardless big brother Eru has there backs

>that is why he created his ultimate creatures dragons

Because he was post-start Morgoth. His power had greatly dimmished by the time he was dicking about with dragons.

>Aggh Ungoliant
>save me Balrogs

>Aggh Feanor
>save me Balrogs

>Aggf Turgons hiding and building an army
>save me Balrogs

Why was Morgoth such a bitch

dont worry my orc friend lord Morgoth will regain all his powers back, he will break Door of Night and re-enter the World and will anally rape every valar with their fucking elves

He is the only Valar capable of feeling fear.

>ultimate creatures
Glaurung, the strongest dragon of its time, was killed by a human who was so inept that he killed his best friend, caused the destruction of Nargothrond, and impregnated his sister.
Anclagon, the strongest dragon of its time, was killed by a half-elf with a jewel and a flying boat.

Someone post the Ancalagon infographic

you clearly never read anything from the legendarium

this is reason i hate silmarillion did tolkien ever explain how dragon almost size of mountain was killed by elfman with flying ship?

That's a big Dragon

That chart is completely fucked with the scaling. Shenron's not nearly big enough, while the Skyrim dragon, and Dany's dragons are way too fucking big (at least as of the most recent episodes).

F'r thee

>implying any explanation would do it justice

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that he was wielding a fucking silmaril.

His deed so immense that he was set as a star in the night sky with the gem.

He was slain by a man.

half man

>tfw some nigga in a flying boat murdered the biggest creature to ever exist on the universe

In retrospect I think he was glad he only had to deal with the biggest dragon.