what did Sup Forums think of Unleashed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cs35MPCiSas
youtube.com/watch?v=zja-rkeXUxk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8JocOpkvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not Jet Li's best but pretty good

Pretty darn good

Quick, post your favourite Jet Li film, Sup Forums!

Because it's the objective truth.

I watched this recently. Always loved it when I was younger. Why are Jet Ali and Jason Statham's movies so comfy?

>completely drunk a night
>turn on TV
>some weird looking Chinese film starting
>mfw I get a 2h long visual orgasm

So I like Jet Li and martial arts films, should I watch this? I think I watched it as a kid but didn't fully appreciate it at the time.

Yes.

Skip Fearless or whatever that chink propaganda turd was.

how is fearless chink propaganda ?

Every chink movie is chink propaganda.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie but isn't that the one where he beats up America, England, and Japan in a tournament while spouting shit about how everything is better when it's equal.

Can't say i've seen Hero yet, although it seems good. thanks for bringing it up.

>he saw an awful lot for a blind man didn't he

I'll do that then. Any other classic martial arts films I should watch in general? I'm open to anything. I haven't really seen any of the notable ones, mainly the more American ones.

I was watching the first IP Man film and the closing text made it sound like China caused Japan to surrender in WWII.

>and the closing text made it sound like China caused Japan to surrender in WWII
Pretty sure you're imagining things. I remember it just goes over Ip Man's later life, mentioning him training Bruce Lee and shit like that.

it is, but how is it propaganda ?

It makes a point of showing that arrogance gets you beaten, it's the whole point of the movie.

I don't know if you know anything about history, if you're American or British probably not, but it's really not far fetched.

here from wikipedia

>In 1902, Huo responded to a challenge advertised by a Russian wrestler in Xiyuan Park, Tianjin. The wrestler openly called the Chinese "sick men of Asia" because no one accepted his challenge to a fight. The Russian forfeited when Huo accepted his challenge and told Huo that he was merely putting on a performance to make a living and apologised for his earlier remark in the newspaper.[4]

>Between 1909 and 1910, Huo travelled to Shanghai twice to accept an open challenge posed by an Irish boxer, Hercules O'Brien. The two of them had arguments over the rules governing such boxing matches and eventually agreed that whoever knocked down his opponent would be the victor. O'Brien fought Huo and lost. Huo's victory was a great inspiration to the Chinese people and had them questioning the basis of imperialistic dominance. However, there is a lot of controversy over whether the fight ever took place. A recent article states that O'Brien[5] opted to leave town instead.[4]

Fearless

>that final fight with Tanaka

No, it does say something along the lines of that and about Bruce Lee. I watched it on Netflix not long ago.

>That white kid who ruined that possible GOAT Jackie + Jet movie a few years back

LITERALLY FUCKING WHY

>All of the soldiers in the Qin army sequence as well as the palace sequences were performed by actual Chinese People's Liberation Army soldiers, except the stunt performers. It's estimated that 18000 were used as extras in the film.

>Watch link related
>Think to myself "How haven't I seen this? This looks great!"
>Google it
>See what the movie is about
>Feel disappointed

youtu.be/cs35MPCiSas

>The lake scenes took almost three weeks to film because director Yimou Zhang insisted that the lake's surface had to be perfectly still and mirror-like during filming. Due to the natural currents, this occurred every day for only two hours starting at 10am. To adjust to this phenomenon, the filmmakers arose at 5am each day to begin five hours of preparation and set-up.

This movie is fucking insane

I forgot about that shit. That had to be the main characters trust fund movie or something, there's no other way to explain it.

The red head was qt3.14. Also the international title was better.

Holy fuck. How haven't I seen this yet?

Ah, you mean Danny The Dog. It's ok I guess

I THINK THE CHINKS ARE ENEMIES OF THE WORLD

You get to see Donnie yen and Jet Li go at it too

enter the dragon

and it's one of the most beautiful movies ever

too bad it doesn't get credit because it's chinese

Which one is the bottom?

>needlessly interject heavy handed communist messaging
>insert completely fictional American and Japanese stereotypes (only the other nip was near Chinese equal)

Coupled with that the fight scenes were kind of shitty.

Ip Man didn't bother me one bit because the Great Party Mao Leap Forward Communist is Best shit wasn't bludgeoned over my head every five seconds and they didn't fabricate complete bullshit. Fearless was like watching the Chinese version of Pearl Harbor directed by Mai Kar Bai.

Donnie gets penetrated

>Look up main character
>Only other noteworthy film he was in was Sky high
>He's apparently an MC on The Knick

>Any other classic martial arts films I should watch in general? I'm open to anything.

Enter the Fat Dragon
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
The Prodigal Son
The Magnificent Butcher
Drunken Master
Knockabout

Always seemed like the type that'd do anything for a buck.

They filmed this in Glasgow for some reason. That's the art school they're standing outside

Fuuuck, that's good. Is the plot enjoyable too? Not that it's important, as long as the choreography is good enough.

I'll watch these too. I have a few already on my to-watch list on Netflix. Martial arts movies are super comfy.

Yeah, that's what raised the flag for me, along with the asian waifu shit that happens in the movie.

Prodigal Son is probably the greatest Chinese Kung Fu movie ever.

Enter the Fat Dragon is a parody/hommage to Enter the Dragon so it makes a good experience to watch them back to back.

youtube.com/watch?v=zja-rkeXUxk

Yeah the plot is good, without spoiling too much it's an assassination attempt against the Qing emperor that gets foiled and Hero recounts how he did it to the Emperor in a series of flashbacks

For some ridiculous reason the movie always flies a bit under the radar, even though it's a fucking ridiculous achievement in film making.

If you're open to anything I'd throw in Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer. Wouldn't call them classics really but they're pretty unique and very enjoyable.

>I don't know if you know anything about history, if you're American or British probably not, but it's really not far fetched.

>as long as the choreography is good enough.
It is amazing. But expect more Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and less Legend of Drunken Master

Really now? Well, those will definitely be two of the first I watch then.

Sounds good. I can't wait to watch it now.

That is a beautiful set. Is a lot of the movie real sets over CG?

I'll watch those too so I can fully appreciate the difference then.

pretty damn good

i loved how it actually had a story compared to other action films

Because people are dumb and are brainwashed to believe that Hollywood matters, that critics must always praise the best films

In reality, it's not praised because money. Why would the Hollywood machine praise a foreign movie and turn heads towards Chinese cinema? They want Chinese money but don't want them to take theirs

>Is a lot of the movie real sets over CG?
There are some CGI, but I think all the sets are real. Or at least real enough for you not to be bothered about it.

because it's a chinese movie

Chinese art in general, ancient, modern and contemporary, is completely disregarded in the west unless there is some westerner involved or it's some videogames adaptation to woo the chinese market.

THATS BECAUSE CHINESE CULTURE IS GARBAGE

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE OVERWROUGHT CHINK MELODRAMA INFUSED WITH ONE-CHINA PROPAGANDA

Apparently it was Tarantino that pushed a US release of the film

From what I've seen, they look great either way.

whatever you say my brainwashed bro

SURE THING DONG

>as long as the choreography is good enough
It's done by Donnie Yen so that answers your question.

I only feel sadness for anglo retards like you.

I don't give a shit about your retarded politics, if you think Chinese classical literature or movies like Hero are shit then you're a literal retard.

Dude, I don't think he's serious.

I'm jaded enough by post 2012 Sup Forums retards to take him seriously.

It has indeed.

this.

One of the most beautiful movies I have seen really.

I WANT A PIANO

The One.

And no I won't apologize for it, fuck you.

A shameless rehash of Nikita?
still better cmpared to other remakes

>neat concept
>solid action
>correct amount of cheese

Nothing to APOLOGIZE for.

>I am Yu Law, I am nobodies bitch. You are all MY bitch!
>CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8JocOpkvY

Best ending to top tier Jet Li kino.

pls dont be mad, i liked this movie

It was based on a true story. At least they were historically accurate for the most part unlike Yank films.
>We won everything ever

i saw this move in theatres.
the boring scenes were too long.
the fighting scenes were to gay.
the monochromatic color scheme was childs play at best.
6/10

Epic films. I'll fight anyone that suggests otherwise.

Reminds me of the "16 year old" yank in Tokyo Drift. At least he was so bad it was funny and provided some of the best quotes going.
>What's that stand for...Donkey Kong?
>Wouldn't have that problem with a V8

Dude can't act for shit

I liked it a lot

I forgot specifics, but didn't this movie flop hard for the same reasons Edge of Tomorrow did, the studio kept changing the title.

IT FLOPPED BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES CHINKS

If you're from Glasgow you'll recognize a lot of places in this film.

Glasgow is getting a lot of filming time nowadays. It's kinda awkward for us Glaswegians since it's a smallish city so when a film is being filmed here it takes up most of the major roads. World War Z took up George square for a few weeks.

IS THIS AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF GLASGOW YA HAGGIS EATING SCOTCUNT

That's Edinburgh. It's probably the least Scottish city.

SO THIS ISN'T THE REAL SCOTLAND?

They were probably bussed in from Glasgow.

TOPKEK CLASSIC SCOTCUNT BANTZ