Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0715_040715_oceancarbon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

flightless birds

>tfw fuck atheists

Atheists don't 'believe' at all.

Honestly that argument almost killed me the show, I'm not an atheist but that was just retarded.

Atheists need a genocide, they can't disprove God but they try to, it's time for another crusades

>they can't disprove God but they try to
Atheists don't have to prove anything, they're not making a claim but rejecting yours. There's insufficient evidence for belief, the religious have to supply it.

I can prove that you can't prove that god exists.
If god wanted us to know he exists he would tell us overtly. Since he hasn't he either doesn't exist or doesn't want us to know he exists. Ergo any evidence that suggests he exists is being misinterpreted.

>fedora tippers on Sup Forums think they have better arguments than the philosophers and theologians who have studied christianity for 2000 years

but, user, god spoke to men a long time ago and they wrote down what he had to say. haven't you read the bible?

The proof is all around you, how are you typing n your keyboard right now? How does consciousness exist? How did the universe come about into order?
Fuck atheists, I hope they drown in their own nonsense that they constantly spew for every normal person to endure.

That's a logical fallacy. Those philosophers and theologians must still supply sufficient proof for their belief - they can't.

By the same logic we should believe in astrology just because it was practiced for millennia.

what a dumb question

Can you prove grass does not exist?

Show me sufficient proof how the universe was created. Oh wait you fucking can't, you just have theories which are not more valid than the belief of any religious people.

Not him and not an atheist. However, can you prove to me that a personal god exists? I accept a god who created the universe, but I draw the line there. What arguments do you have for a personal god?

>how are you typing n your keyboard right now?
With my fingers onto a plastic and mechanical apparatus that sends specific electrical signals to my computer, which uses them and an ASCII table to output text to my screen.

>How does consciousness exist?
I don't know.

>How did the universe come about into order?
Modern science points to the Big Bang. Prior to that, I don't know.

It's fine to admit you don't know things or that some parts of the Universe can't be explained. You can't simply deposit deities and religion into areas of mystery because it's convenient.

The problem with shit like this is that I'm never sure if it's trolling or not. I mean, it's so fucking retarded that is has to be, but at the same time americans exist and have access to internet

Piece of shit
Day of the rope

>you just have theories which are not more valid than the belief of any religious people.
The scientific method begs to differ. There's actually quite a strict process that a thought or observation must go through before it can even be considered a theory.

We apply rigorous logic to everything but religion, why should it be separate?

>Can you prove believes do not exist?
check mate atheists

Atheists believe in non animated gifs?

Calm down. If a God spoke to the world tomorrow, I would actually be relieved. But I can't accept 'blind faith'.

It's a classic argument used in historical theology by a lot of christians philosopher like St. Augustine. He's just being traditional

Can you prove Odin don't exist?

Checkmate pussies

killing people for their beliefs. how very theist of you

Can you prove he does?

ITT: butthurt atheists numale cuck

No, just like I can't prove that Santa or the tooth fairy exist. My point exactly

Then you need to stop posting this is an 18+ only website.

Praise the all father

>tfw you actually admire people who can really believe, you feel like you want to as well but are simply incapable of it

When will I be enlightened?

Can you prove that God does exist? Asides from your so called "faith" that makes him be alive?

Everytime one of the sides makes an argument putting in doubt the other, they also put themselves in doubt, it's so funny to watch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

the only correct choices. anything else is pure delusion

I don't think you quite understood what my point was...

>The proof is all around you
That argument only wiorks if you already believe.

>How are you typing on your keyboard right now?
Fingers.

>How does consciousness exist?
Evolution.

>How did the universe come into order?
Big bang.

Now let me ask you something. If your god created a world for humans to live in, why did he make it for 70% out of undrinkable water?

not an argument

Oh boy it's one of those threads

God knew humanity would progress technologically. That's why he made the oceans so large, so that they could absorb human CO2 emissions.

>Oceans absorb CO2 emissions
lol wut. Are you talking about algae? If that's true, why is global warming still happening then.

No, I mean actual dissolution of the gas in water.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0715_040715_oceancarbon.html

As for your question. Well, God works in mysterious ways. It's all a test.

>mfw I didn't realise there were this many religious people on Sup Forums but makes a lot of sense.

I don't believe in God but if I were to humour you...can you prove that the Gods from all the other religions don't exist?

That's the standard answer of every religious person when they're confronted with cognitive dissonance.

lol it's them who should prove that their gods exist

>Every religious person has to prove their gods exist except me

Be glad you don't user. Religion is for useless manchildren who lack critical thinking and like to chalk things up to "duuur must be a magic invisible man in the sky"

>mfw unenlightened masses.

What's makes Christianity so special?
This. Amazing that people can be so deluded user

Yeah I should think a religion that created western civilization has a little bit more credibility than naked aboriginals in goat skin tents.

What a retarded piece of logic.Christianity is just as prevalent in South America and Africa. Religion's influence has been decreasing since the 1500s. Religion didn't "create" western civilization at all.

You don't know what "good" is from God point of view

Yeah it's not like there's a book containing the description of good and evil on which most of our morality is based on.

Where is your "theory of everything" science boy? Scietific method is great until it encounters something that it cannot explain which gets labeled as "something happens" which is basically religion. I don't have anything actually scientists who get glimpses at the whole vastness of the unknown, but to general tippers science is basically a religion where they don't actually test stuff out and simply follow whatever the smartest guy in the room says (who says stuff with confidence because he wants to get paid and not because he is super confident about his stuff).

>religion created western society
Western society evolved despite all the times religion has attempted to hold it back

>Retarded theist doesn't understand how science works
Stop the presses.

The scientific method has discovered virtuallly everything that we now base our technology on. You wouldn't have a computer to shitpost on without science. If you really want your theory of everything you should check out string theory. It fits the physics model but has no evidence yet. So it's just as credible as your bible shit.

daily reminder that God didnt write the good old testament.
silly amerifats

He's actually right though. Even those who don't believe in Christian God believe in something. They believe in laws of physics at least. And who's to say the laws of the universe are not the will of God? How exactly did the laws of the universe come about, does anyone have an idea? Who's to say the physical material of the universe is not the physical manifestation of God? It's just semantics, God obviously exists because our universe can be God too.

Paint?

>Scietific method is great until it encounters something that it cannot explain which gets labeled as "something happens"
Were you dropped on your head as a child or just home-schooled by your incestuous Christian family?

Science never just labels things as "something happens". Science uses evidence to prove or disprove theories. If there's something that can't be explains, science then goes on to obtain evidence and attempt to prove it through process of elimination etc.

It's only religion that labels things as "weeeell it must be God".

"Evolved".

Heh. Yeah right.

>evolution

You people are still here? I mean come on its 2017 get your facts finally together.

I'm fine with deism, the idea that god created the laws of physics and then bailed. It's all the religious shit that he wants us to do that makes it retarded.

>le "religion is ebil and anti-science" meme

>words exist
>god is arbitrarily dedined

The difference is it can be tested where as religion cannot.

Also science isn't afraid of saying, I don't know." And can return to a subject later to test it.

>following the smartest guy in the room
You mean like a pastor/preacher profit? The source of your beliefs PROBABLY comes from one of the many heavily edited books.
>Some of you are idiots so the entirety of science is a religion
Nice generalization. That's like saying all religion is bad because of one fanatic

>All this beginners philosophy and religion in this thread
You sound like plebs

>Big bang.
Why did he make us breathe through the same hole we put food into?

>religion is ebil
strawman
and yes indeed it is anti science

hangman's infographic

he didnt write the New testament either

It's not, though. Leading scientists in the field all agree.

>Big bang.
Are you retarded? Big bang already obeyed the laws of physics. How did the laws of physics come about? Why do they work the way they do?

I don't know, why does it need a reason?

I actually agree with your point but

>implying we know what would happen if there were no religion

Just because many scientists were religious when religion was extremely popular practically mandatory doesn't mean that secularism may have been more beneficial.

i know, but theres a benefit of a doubt in the god/person of Jesus (possibly) being the direct inspiration..

Yeah dude I'm sure nobody in the history of theology ever answered those questions, they only had 2000 years.

literally lmaoing right now, I should go back to /lit/, Sup Forums is full of contrarian fedora teenagers

Even the fucking Big Bang Theory was made by a priest

>How did the laws of physics come about?
We don't know. That's a test for another age.

Maybe he doesn't care or maybe he wants it to be a mystery or a challenge.

>If god wanted us to know he exists he would tell us overtly
[CITATION NEEDED]

>97% of scientists agree

you posting scientists who were religious is like posting whores who wear a cross and saying religion isnt anti whore

Really scientific point of view

Can you prove G*d exists? Cuck mate theists.

Enjoy your blindness :3

Because maybe if we find the answer we can change those laws. Sounds like a pretty important thing to find an answer to. Maybe the laws of physics evolve like living beings, wouldn't that be something. That would also be nice to know.

As for why it needs a reason, because everything needs a reason. If you think something happened for no reason, you already believe in the will of God.

this

>The proof is all around you
That's the kind of """"argument"""" they use against kids in Sunday school.

t. indecisive kids

yes in fact it is. science doesnt presume to know whats beyond evidence

>We don't know.
Well neither do I. So it guess it's entirely reasonable to say it was the will of God who created those laws.

>attacking the nature of the argument instead of addressing it

I'm sure there's a name for this fallacy but I'll just settle with 'you're a moron'.

Annual reminder that Quran was scripted directly from the words of God so we do technically have a book written by God that explains morality.

>god is unreasonable
>Discounting the possibility that the effect is its own cause like a fractal

not at all. you can have a belief (or a lack of belief) and know you have no proof for it. try reading up on what you look down on, you faggot

read on Biocentrism and on religions where we are basically a one being separated in many parts to experience itself or whatever else you want. Basically go for the depth of stuff. Spirituality may not make sense because you are told that it shouldn't be logical, but in reality it's very logical, it's just that evidence of it will only come after you die so you can only belive.

> If there's something that can't be explains, science then goes on to obtain evidence and attempt to prove it through process of elimination etc.

in the perfect world maybe, but while someone proves something a group of people already build they theories on a theory that haven't been proven and in the meantime it's "something happens".

>The scientific method has discovered virtuallly everything that we now base our technology on.

Yeah but by actually doing stuff and going by trial and error, not by theoriticising on it.

>So it's just as credible as your bible shit.

Which was my point, no difference

>Some of you are idiots so the entirety of science is a religion

the problem is that it's safe to assume that most of people don't know their science because it's so wast and we were memed into thinking that studying is bad which led to superficial understanding of science which leads people to stuff like "wtf universe so big i don't matter" and depression

>The source of your beliefs PROBABLY comes from one of the many heavily edited books.

I mostly follow what rings true to me because the endgame is not to be "right" but to live an engaging life and the more questions to myself I answer the less negative emotional triggers and depressive episodes I get and I can't see it as a bad thing.

>All this beginners philosophy and religion in this thread

True I tried getting into Heidegger but understood shit and for now I stick with stuff that actually makes sense and that I can apply to my own beliefs. One day maybe.

Why should we?

>fenceshitters

The worst kind of people.

>If you think something happened for no reason, you already believe in the will of God
Wrong, if you believe in god you believe in god.

>Maybe the laws of physics evolve like living beings
They probably don't. There are no mechanics that allow laws of physics to evolve. They've also stayed the same since the beginning of the universe.

ad hom.

the post he replied to was fallacious

>how do airplanes fly?
>i dont know, why does it matter?

>science 2017

>contrarian
2.2 billion people in the world are Christians. Meaning I'm part of the 70% that doesn't believe in your particular God.

>fedora
Fedoras are shit, just like your beliefs

>teenagers
I'm 26, have a job and don't need to believe in fairy tales to get on with my life. Grow up faggot.

You really shouldn't talk about logical fallacies if is the best argument you can come up with.