Animals is the best Pink Floyd record

>Animals is the best Pink Floyd record

What did he mean by this?

I'm more curious on what he meant when he said The Wall was the second best

NOT MUSIC FUCK OFF

It's their most "different" album

anyone else think that animals is their worst pre-AMLOR album?
most of the time the tracks just feel like they meander around too much, I just don't really see the appeal

>discussing music on a music board is bad

I think Wish You Were Here is worse for that, especially the last parts of Shine On

>t. hasn't listened to anything released before DSotM

I've heard all their shit countless times, but thanks for reminding me that their first two albums are for the most part barely listenable

ummagumma is there oddest, piper and saucer really arent that strange

I actually like Ummagumma because I think it's funny, Atom Heart Mother is the best pre-dsotm album

Posting a thread about this faggot should be an instaban.

Complaining about a topic relating to music should be an instaban.

this is incorrect

Syd Barret's solo albums > Piper >>> Wish you Were Here > Dark Side >> The Wall > Animals >>> everything else

Animals > Live at Pompeii > Meddle > Ummagumma > Saucer > Piper > DSOTM > The Wall > Atom Heart Mother > the rest

Pink Floyd aside, Roger Waters' solo album The Pros and Cons of Hitchiking is pretty outstanding, could listen to it for ages

Wow, I had no idea I would ever strongly agree with Fantano. Hell yeah.

ALL OF MY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OFFICIAL PINK FLOYD POWER RANKINGS:
AUDITION EDITION

>NE PLUS ULTRA TIER (Gods among men)
-Saucerful of Secrets
-Ummagumma
-Pompeii

>CONNOISSEUR TIER (Elite)
-Relics
-Atom Heart Mother
-Meddled
-Masters of Rock Vol. 1

>ÜBERMENSCH TIER (A cut above the rest)
-Meddle
-Wish You Were Here
-BBC Archives 1970-1971

>TOURIST TIER (stop kidding yourself and just listen to a different band)
-Dark Side of the Moon
-The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>UNTERMENSCH TIER (kill yourself)
- The Division Bell
- Obscured by Clouds
- More
- Momentary Lapse of Reason
- Animals
- The Wall

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER (kill Roger and then kill yourself)
-The Final Cut

Of course this retarded opinions come from you. Kill yourself twice, faggot.

Animals is a good album because it is very short, only having five tracks was a great decision because it allowed the band to have some of the most concise and thematically unified songs they ever recorded.
The main issue that held back previous albums were the B-grade tracks that were thrown in such as "The Great Gig in the Sky" or "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)". Their album before Animals, Wish You Were Here, had the right idea in cutting back on the track count in order to filter out ideas, but it still ended up being hit and miss to an extent.
Animals refined this approach and managed to deliver a mostly inoffensive album.
It is for these reasons that I can safely call Animals my favorite post-Barrett Pink Floyd album, and not Dark Side of the Moon.

Piper is the only good Floyd album.

Tourists need not apply.

>only having five tracks was a great decision
Two of those tracks were added in last-minute so that Roger could get more royalties, haha.
>The main issue that held back previous albums were the B-grade tracks that were thrown in such as "The Great Gig in the Sky" or "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI - IX)".
Except that's not really true, is it ? Shine On You Crazy Diamond was originally a single suite- Roger did his Roger thing and forced the band to insert the other tracks on the album smack in the middle of the song. Without this, it would have been one of the best long-form songs they ever made. The Great Gig in the Sky was the second best track on Dark Side of the Moon (after Us and Them) and was probably the most daring thing they attempted on the whole record. Animals is just more of the same with regards to Roger wanting to make cheesy, "epic" thematic works. It's The Wall with neither killer nor filler. Completely sterile social / political commentary for the nu-Floyd fanbase.

This has to be bait. Those are basically the two worst tracks on the album (with "On the run" close for 2nd with "Us and Them"). "The Great Gig in the Sky" is actually unlistenable. Why you feel having someone wailing and screaming for the whole track is 'daring' and not just 'retarded' is beyond me.
When people think of Dark Side of the Moon, they think of "Brain Damage/Eclipse", "Money", "Speak to me/Breathe", and "Time". "Us and Them" is not as outright offensive as "Great Gig in the Sky" but compared to the tracks around it, it's quite boring.
I don't know the full story about Wish You Were Here, but I would honestly be surprised considering how much of the final track was Wright 'jamming out' on his keyboards. Though if Waters is solely to blame for filler, why does A Momentary Lapse of Reason, an album Waters had no part of, also have filler tracks?
I must disagree with your opinion about albums with themes being 'cheesy'. A theme doesn't have to be limited to social commentary. It can even be as straight-forward as having every song set in space. The purpose of a theme first and foremost is simply to make an album playthrough a consistently enjoyable experience compared a group of singles mashed onto one record, not to make a statement. The fact that you find the theme of Animals to be overdone and 'sterile' only suggests that you do not like the theme, though I cannot think of any other albums that would use the same or similar themes off of the top of my head that would cause you to feel this way.
I have a separate appreciation for Pink Floyd albums that were released with Syd Barrett, and I consider them to be from a different band. Sure 3/4 members were the same, but the songwriting was drastically different.

Good lord. This is dreadful even for tripfag standards.

you mean meddle

Gotta be Meddle/Animals for me, but honestly DSOTM would be up there too if it weren't for my dumbass housemate blasting it literally every time he gets high

in what video does he say this?

>This has to be bait.
Totally. People who have opinions contrary to yours are simply holding them in order to upset you. That's not completely unreasonable at all.
>When people think of Dark Side of the Moon, they think of "Brain Damage/Eclipse", "Money", "Speak to me/Breathe", and "Time"
Citing popular singles does not a compelling argument make.
>I don't know the full story about Wish You Were Here
No need to state the obvious.
> Though if Waters is solely to blame for filler, why does A Momentary Lapse of Reason, an album Waters had no part of, also have filler tracks?
You seem to be operating on the assumption that Shine On is filler in any capacity when arguably the opposite is true. As I already explained to you, it was originally the focus of the album. It was the Echoes / Saucerful of WYWH.
>I must disagree with your opinion about albums with themes being 'cheesy'.
I'm sorry, but Animal Farm Junior will never _not_ be cheesy.
>The purpose of a theme first and foremost is simply to make an album playthrough a consistently enjoyable experience compared a group of singles mashed onto one record
...which is essentially what they'd been doing since Saucerful, barring Ummagumma.
>The fact that you find the theme of Animals to be overdone and 'sterile' only suggests that you do not like the theme
I enjoy commentary when it's done well, which has never been Roger's strong suit. His ideas are closer to the diary whining of a teenager than the biting social commentary of someone like Dylan. Unfair comparison, yes, but it has to be made.
>though I cannot think of any other albums that would use the same or similar themes
There's one krautrock album in particular that does, although I can't remember it. If I find it before the thread 404s I'll post it.

Tourists need not apply. [2]

everything else>>>>your opinion

implying its not true
fuck off redditors

I honestly though I was the only one who though this.
>also DSOTM is objectively their second best album

The irony is staggering.

>Objectively Best
DSotM
>Most Underratedly Best
Saucerfull of Secrets
>Contrarian Best
Animals
>Reddit Best
Wish You Were Here
>Overall Best
Meddle
>Overratedly Best
PatGoD
>Subjectively Best
Obscured By Clouds
>Best Best
More

Switch Piper and DSOTM

this

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

DAMN FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT

Take your Ritalin. It'll be ok.

Animals is their best. Songs longer than should be legally allowed, Gilmour is on absolute fire here, Waters divvys up the human race into Pigs, Dogs & Sheep. All perfectly bookended by Pigs on the Wing I & II.

Terrible. Take a lap.

Tourists need not apply. [3]

KARL YOU BUFFOON
PLAY A RECORD

that lad's got bad asthma (W)

based friendo coming in with the hot takes