Is nu-metal a bad genre?

Is nu-metal a bad genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VoGnBHQzIPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unironically no

Not inherently, it just has a lot of shitty bands

There are a few notably great albums in the genre, but yeah, most of is is complete shit honestly.

For the most part, yes

*blocks your path*

It doesn't really provide much of a platform for great music, but I'm sure many artists succeed.

Absolutely, thread closed

OP here, is hybrid theory a bad nu metal album? I haven't listened to pretty much any nu metal but everyone seems to have something bad to say about it.
I like Crawling but it's really whiny so I see how the album could potentially be shit, but I also see some people defend it. Should I just go for it?

Refer to

Oh sorry I didn't see it there

There's no denying Hybrid Theory was highly influential, although personally I don't care for it, and I think a lot of defendants only do so because of nostalgia. You might like it, give it a shot.

no it was actually the best genre and used lots of technology while still managing to sound like music

nu-metal is better than death grips

AHHHH! I LIVE IN A BOARD OF PHILISTINES! PHILISTINES!!!!

Read pic related, dream, use your imagination and stop being idiots.

I don't think Marilyn Manson counts as nu-metal, even though his sound was a big influence on a lot of those bands.

Of course he's nu-metal. You aren't one of those kids who thinks he's black metal or thinks he's the most hardcore band ever are you?

No not at all. But listen to Portrait of an American Family. The album came out in 1994 and sounds way different than any nu-metal album that came after.

>taproot
>disturbed
>drowning pool
It's definitely a product of its time, but no. It's actually pretty great beyond the memes.

most of his music is very melodic and well produced. He makes what I consider normal music. He's literally just britney spears singing with a croaky voice. He doesn't make abrasive/harsh music.

He's industrial.

OP back, great album, I'm going to bed.

>filled with cheesy nostalgiacore albums like Hybrid Theory
>no underground bands and hardly any third tier bands like Reveille
>confuses industrial butt rock with nu metal
>Includes Nothingface but not Violence or Skeletons
>Mudvayne's most patrician work missing
>Faith No More, Apex-Theory, Chevelle and Rage Against the Machine as nu metal
>Alien Ant Farm as any form of metal
Disregard this list

>Deftones
>Pulse Ultra
>Chevelle
Decent list, user

While not a fan, I think I've come to appreciate Linkin Park to some degree in the production aspect of it.

Maybe it was just this video, where someone with music production knowledge goes about what made Numb interesting...

youtube.com/watch?v=VoGnBHQzIPU

This, but comeon man, hybrid theory was legit good. It's just become a meme.

Saw deftones and chevelle live together. Was amazing. Lots of fights tho, didn't really enjoy that part, but it made for good stories