Drake makes ultimate virtue signal video

wow guys Drake is such a good person he just filmed himself walking around and giving $1,000,000 to random people and then filming when they started crying

what a good guy, a good video, and a good song

youtube.com/watch?v=xpVfcZ0ZcFM

That actually does make him a good person,what's wrong with that?

You're not a good person if you do something to show the world you're a good person

The Bible says that a good deed should be done in secret. This was written thousands of years ago and still nothing has changed.

This.

This is some egomaniacal sociopathic behavior.

Seriously.

Look at his big forced fake smile when they start crying and he has some guy holding a $100,000 camera in the corner filming all of it.

Seriously what the fuck

This.

Okay, but Kant wrote that you can never plumb the depths of the human heart to know whether a moral act was truly selfless or not. Drake can't even tell his true intentions with his moral act. Only God can, who we can't know if God exists, we can only hope for the possibility of people receiving happiness equal to their moral worth.

Also just a straight appeal to the Bible like that is dumb as hell. It's a fine text, but you need to be able to back up it's maxim's with rational argument.

except that the whole point was that they took the budget for the music video and gave it away instead
they had to at least get a video out of it or the label would be pissed

Eh I dont give a fuck, end of the day random people got 1 million dollars. Regardless of if it was just used to boost his popularity or to virtue signal. I wont suddenly like his music or think hes a good guy but it was a nice thing to do anyways.

Yeah that was the plot of the video, and it is obviously bullshit.

Most music videos do not take $1,000,000 to produce lmao that is bullshit. Obviously the record label agreed that this video would be a good idea to release, and they agreed the intro would make it seem like Drake was rebelling against the label to seem like a anti-establishment figure or some horseshit.

Record labels also don't fork out $1,000,000 to an artist to go make a video of their own free-will. If he seriously took $1m and blew it on something like this, he could be sued.

>Kant

Dude was a brainlet. People's intentions are shown by their actions.

Anybody who believed in treating people with dignity would not release this video.

BasedKant

/thread

lmao dude we can't know anything ever about anything or anyone so let's all just stop judging and stop doing anything at all haha

also god maybe isn't real idk

>Drake can't even tell his true intentions
the fuck are you talking about? He knows perfectly well what he's doing, and so do we. It's pretty fucking obvious.
>filming me giving people a million dollars will get me a lot of views and get people talking about me again.
Also just straight appeal to Kant like that is dumb as hell. He's a fine writer, but you need to be able to back up his maxims with rational argument.

>h-he didn't do it for the people really he just did it for himself
>h-he did it because the label thought it was a good idea
>i-it doesn't really count

sounds like there's two or three people itt that are just mad they didn't get shit lmao

this

nothing but angry pissed off children like bitching but what else should we expect from Sup Forums

/thread

not him but it's pretty fucking obvious that he's doing that shit for himself

/thread

>Kant

One of the biggest brainlets in history.

Legitimately the only reasonable response to the video. All other posts are pseudo intellectuals or le ebin "u mad" posts.

I have nothing wrong with people promoting themselves

There's something wrong with unhinged psychotic virtue signaling where you are aggressively trying to portray yourself as a good person, literally video shots of you standing above a horde of pathetic idiots and passing dollar bills out to them and then holding them when they cry.

And then retards literally think this is an act of heroic generosity, and DRAKE is becoming a man of the people or some gay shit.

It's like really corny communist propaganda for retards on Facebook to share and gawk about what a good person Drake is.

If some celebrity came up to me, and handed me $500 in cash with a hollywood videographer sitting in the corner filming it for a music video hoping I cry so he can hold me and tell me it's going to be okay, I would legitmately run away

every year, literally thousands of celebrities make donations to charities, events, organizations, etc. and make SURE that it is publicly known how much they donated

but it doesn't matter the good they do because really they just do it for themselves why else make it public right? that kind of thinking is idiotic and just plain childish very few people do things soley out of the goodness of their hearts you'll grow up and realize it eventually

probably the only good post in this shit thread

Autists are actually turning their nose up at drake for giving away his own money to people less fortunate than him. That’s how backwards these idiots are

I actually never hear about the donations that celebrities make, you have to aggressively look online to find information about that shit.

Filming a music video like this is much different. On par with those weirdos who film themselves sharing a cheeseburger with a homeless guy and leaving him $20 and them filming when he starts tearing up for Youtube or some psychotic shit.

>very few people do things soley out of the goodness of their hearts
Yes they do. I do things for people all the time and I've had nice people do things for me too, I didn't film it and announce it to the world like some psychotic lunatic.

>i do good things just to do them so most people do

lol no

>very few people do things soley out of the goodness of their hearts you'll grow up and realize it eventually
so... you're agreeing with OP?
you do realize everyone here knows you're samefagging, you're fucking pathetic

Stirner writes all actions are selfish because they are always one's own

are correct

>well I didn’t hear about
>well I do good things for absolutely nothing
>well I

There’s your problem, you aren’t everyone. Stop pretending like you are

no samefag it’s just not everyone is as delusional as you

based

this is the dumbest shit ever
feeling smug about doing good deeds is the universe's reward for doing good deeds
virtue signaling is a-ok if you are actually doing the shit you claim to be doing
because that's just, well, virtue

woah careful with all that logic user

Sup Forums confirmed for just being salty

You aren't everyone either.

Where on earth do you hear about celebrity donations? Who even reports or discusses that?

based drizzy desu

I just can't trust Drake, everyone who fall into the "wow Drake is so nice " meme is retarded and extremely naive. Every move of this guy is selfish and calculated. Drake is an industry plant backed up by big compagnies like apple who overpromote the trash he makes. Even Kanye during his saint pablo tour said Drake and Khaled are using very dishonest tactics to promote their music. Fuck Drake ...

>Drake is an industry plant backed up by big compagnies like apple who overpromote the trash he makes
He's from the tribe.

>google "celebrity donations"
>LITERALLY millions of results

hmmm interesting how easy that information that you've apparently never seen in your life is so easy to find

makes me think you're either underage, retarded or both

>feeling smug about doing good deeds is the universe's reward for doing good deeds

If people function on this logic, they will only do good things if they think they can brag about it on social media. That isn't going to work for society.

So you just proved my point.

I said that you have to aggressively look for celebrity donations to find them, which is much different from somebody making a music video highlighting their "acts of charity".

nope your point is null and void because googling those two words took me a total of 3 seconds

like I said you're either underage or retarded, take your pick

you’re embarrassing yourself now my dude

Why would anybody ever be looking something like that up unless they were having a discussion like we're having right now?

You're trying to compare celebrity donations to this music video, saying it's all the same.

Only somebody who anally fists while reading Kant could be this stupid

>virtue signal
virtue signaling is like political correctness.
something scum do.

drake did actual real world change for better.

>w-well I've never heard of any celebrity doing that
>w-well you had to search so hard to find that info I bet
>w-well who even knows about that kind of stuff unless they're talking about that kind of stuff

I've never see someone backpedal so hard lmao you really must be a kid because no adult defends their "point" this terribly

You can't answer me so you just keep calling me a "kid" even I unironically think you are 19 years old.

The fact is that you had to go to google and search for celebrity donations specifically for this discussion, which is nothing like allegedly spending $1,000,000 on a music video to show yourself holding mentally retarded black people while they bawl in your arms and you smile while the camera man films in the corner.

Those are radically different things and comparing the two is retarded

>w-well on principal their the same!
>shut up kid ;(

Found the fantano drone.
He did positive but lost any respect he may have had as an artist. This is embarrassingly vain.

>you can't answer me

already did kid, I told you all about the magical celebrity donations you've apparently never heard about and then proceeded to give you a quick lesson on the reality of people not doing good things just to do them actually being a thing

>two radically different things
>both situations are successful and rich people giving to those less fortunate than themselves and making it publicly known

nope same damn thing but please keep going your stupidity is making my night I finally have something to do

As someone who has given people away more than half the money I had to my name on a whim more than once, I will say that something like a camera can be the only thing that allows people to accept your generosity

A lot of people do not like being given something out of nowhere and will actively reject it, I mean I've had to throw money at people and then walk away and sometimes they'll still try to return it

>comparing giving money to poor people with giving money to poor people is retarded

>virtue signal
stopped reading there

yeah I'm beginning to think this kid is actually retarded and not just trolling for fun

>rich people are both doing the thing so they're the same
>i gave you a quick lesson on my experience having never done anything nice and nobody doing anything nice for me

Who gives a shit about respect as an artist when you can be seen as a good person?

>literal billionaire is given a budget of 1 mil (which might not have even been his money) to make a music video
>entire video is just him showing off how nice he is with him as the center of attention at all times
>he's probably gonna make much more money that he "spent" on this video anyway
Damn dude I wish I could have someone give me a million dollars to make a music video out of me being generous by donating a mere fraction of my net worth, then make lots of money off of that afterwards. Then I would be virtuous.

>people are both doing the thing we're talking about
>don't compare them though it's different in my head

underage and retarded? yes

>a rich person donating and one obscure celebrity magazine reporting on it is the same as filming a music video of yourself sadistically holding ghetto dwellers and white trash in your arms as they weep for your generosity

really Brandon? I always support you but now you're being retarded.

>literal billionaire

you’re retarded post discarded

How the fuck is this even a discussion? I refuse to believe that anyone arguing that he did it out of good will is actually serious. If you are, I hope you're either too young to know people or too wealthy to have to know people.

>millions of results of celebrity donations
>o-one obscure magazine I swear

Keep backpedaling kid I’m here all night. You’re going to need more wojacks

unironically this

oh woops silly me it's 90 million, damn i guess being given money to donate less than 1/90th of your net worth makes you a great person now.

there is no discussion there's one kid here swearing that people do good things out of the kindness of their hearts all the time for literally nothing

backpedal your way out of the thread you've already embarrassed yourself

It was a million dollar PR campaign basically

Random people just happened to benefit from it

If he was a good guy he would have just done without saying LOOK EVERYONE, LOOK HOW GENEROUS I AM!!! LOOK!!!

He's going to be shitting on a gold toilet tonight regardless

>they're objectively not doing the same thing
>user is an insecure weirdo who has an obsession with trying to prove other people are younger than him
>blew drake once

>I was only off by literally 90%+

god you’re dumb

>they’re the same thing
>in my head it isn’t the same thing

awesome strawman faggot

drake has some very dedicated homosexual fans

I'm a different person, I just don't understand how naive you have to be to think this wasn't entirely a PR stunt. He didn't even donate his own money, the team donated their BUDGET (if they're even to be believed). This is so stupid lmao.

not an argument

I gave a large number dude, i don't memorize what drake's fucking net worth is, i just know he's absurdly rich and surprise, I looked it up and he is. Also are we forgetting this literally wasn't even his money? Like is that all getting lost here?

no shit it’s for PR that’s why it’s the focus of the music video

Is that really your big revelation? Surface level knowledge everyone already knows

prove that it wasn’t his own money

I’ll wait

don't bother, he took Drake's POZ load in the back of his bus and he still thinks Drake is coming back for him

he can't be reasoned with

Except the people still actually got helped a lot. who cares the reason you bitter retard its still doing something good

>Is that really your big revelation? Surface level knowledge everyone already knows
I mean no shit, that should be obvious to everyone. I'm saying this because there are actually people in this very thread defending drake as being selfless and I'm flabbergasted enough to feel like saying something.

The fact people got "helped" doesn't mean it isn't psychotic virtue signaling

If people get helped regardless do the motives of the person helping really matter?

>literally the opening line in the fucking video
lmao

This reminds me of those commercials where you see violent thug NFL players randomly doing community service or some shit to make you believe theyre good people kek

Miami is such a shit city. I'm ashamed I was even born there.

no one IN THIS THEEAD, has said that drake is just doing it because he’s a good person everyone not being a bitter bitch has said “yeah it’s obviously PR bullshit but it’s still a nice thing to do”

Only mad children are going off about how OMG H-HE DIDNT DO IT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF HIS HEART? BULLSHIT

How do you know he actually gave these people $1mil?
They could be actors.

Yes, if you helped people for a PR campaign where you pretend to be communist Jesus and hold crying retards in your arms with a fake smile, you are a faggot.

The worst part is that other people think this is serious and just wants to "give back" to the community or some gay shit

>dude it's in the video it has to be true!
i have bad news for you user

Wow he sucks at rapping. Quick, somebody give me an example of Drake's peak rapping skills.

who’s your favorite rapper

No one more so than Drake.

I don't think Drake is out of touch enough to think that this video is anything short of cringe-worthy. He either got too far into it to say fuck it and drop it or, far more likely, is just trying to cause a ruckus, and succeeding. Giving a very select few poor uneducated people some cash isn't going to change shit. This video will change Drake's life way, way more than it will change the landscape of the places he's visiting. That is to say, at least something in his life will change.

This shit is taking pics of yourself feeding starving african children levels of faux pas.

Why do the motives of the person who help matter that much? Do they change the actual action that they did? Is the money that he gave suddenly fake now?

itt a bunch of nerdy white boys upset that Drake gave money to black ppl and not them

GZA

Unkle Adams

basically this

literally angry pale skinned kids

>we gave it all away
>shhhh don't tell the record label

The record label is the one who released it

Drake confirmed liar

Why does Drake identify so much more with his black half than white?

t. low-class negro that was featured in the video

identifying with black people is fashionable to both blacks and whites
identifying with white people is ok for _some_ whites