Anyone on Sup Forums play this? I don't play pc games often but this looks interesting. Thoughts?

Anyone on Sup Forums play this? I don't play pc games often but this looks interesting. Thoughts?

i'm not gonna ask Sup Forums and this is a Sup Forums related game

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/aryanPCmasterrace
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65592&start=345
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yep. I've played it. It ain't great but it'll pass the time. Darkest Hour is the GOAT WW2-era game in my opinion

good game, less complex than 3rd one yet not bad, I've tried to shut down gommunism and my allies decided that Finland is not big enough

I wanna play as Ethiopia and claim my Italian wiafu

its ok, i like ZOGs Nightmare

R I S E F A T H E R L A N D

Ebin :DDD

Ya lets get an MP game going, /gsg/ is too autistic to coordinate one

After coming to pol, playing world war 2 games are now like reading/watching a tragedy, for me

>playing Freedomland
>Germans kick shit off
>Italians join in
>decide to invade the wops
>can't get ships into the Mediterranean to establish naval superiority because "We don't know enough about this area!"
>bulk of my naval force can't even make it to the straits anyways

What the shit senpai

Also, trying to play as anything but the Allies/Axis is horrific because all the worlds resources exist within their borders.

>not playing ro2 aka pol the game
are you goys that stupid?

You tell me, at least your country came out on top.

Romania not only didn't get back its land it lost to the soviets, no, it also got pissed on by being forced to become communist, drained of money by soviet cunts demanding war reparations and then put under an oppressive regime that did its best to destroy the middle class and any initiative romanians had.

Nihil Sine Deo. The Regat shall rise once more.

>ro2
You cant win the war and conquer all of Europe as the Fuhrer in that game

its incredibly underwelming, its dumbed down, its simple yet manages to be confusing its mostly boring, poorly balanced and the ai is shit, so shit that on my first try of the game i conquered the whole world there is almost no resistance

Maybe they will fix it in the future but i doubt they will be able to fix everything

all the reviews on steam that start out like 'long paradox fan' or 'love HoI games' say its terrible and the AI is complete shit
all the reviews that start out like 'I could never get into paradox games before' or 'this is my first paradox game' say its great
I will probably not bother with this one, its a pity but they might fix it in future

Would it be better to start with this one or start with 3? I heard 3 is extremely in-depth, which may not be a good one to start on. I've never played any of these type of games.

Start with Victoria 2 :^)

Do not start with HOI3 it will destroy you even after hundreds of hours in grand strategy games i can barely play it competently, id suggest you start with eu4 or ck2 then move on to my personal favourite Victoria2 and possibly some older titles like HOI datkest hour, HOI4 is pretty simple but better start with eu4 or just watch a bucnh of guides and you should be fine with HOI4

Victoria 2 is an amazing game but not a good starting point

>HoI3
I preffer how they done control of air units in the third one. Brigade customization of 4th, also how stocks of equipment work, battle plans of 4th, but land combat of 3rd. Also convoys raiding in much bigger pain in the ass in 3rd than 4th. Finally It took me several month to capture several provinces in Italy, so there is that

they said the same about CK2 but it turned out well.

With all paradox games you got to do the long game. There is no reason to jump right in, but after two expansions they get their shit together.

Wait until the first patch fixes a bunch of terrible bugs they were zupposed to have fixed at launch but didnt because they insisted on releasing exactly on June 6 cuz muh historiez.

yeah but it's nice to run over bolsheviks with a half track or blow their limbs off with an anti-tank rifle

Yeah I started with EU4 tbqh but HOI4 and EU4 both fall victim to the whole "literally nothing to do during peacetime" flaw

It's pretty easy as long as you have manpower you can win any war

hoi3 will likely remain paradox's hardest GSG. That game will eat you up and spit you out if you are not absolutely sure what you are doing.

nah, it's not that hard, you just need to plan everything several years ahead because it takes so much time for anything to finish

Funny I made HOI3 my bitch. Everybody kept bitching about how hard it is but I pulled off a near flawless Barbarossa the first time. After that I got bored reorganizing everything and just invaded England and called it a game.

It's still my favorite HOI by far and one of my favorite paradox games. HOI4 is clearly casual trash.

-Stalin, 1941

I wish you could play as more factions. Like a Viet Minh campaign against French occupiers, or a Kuomintang campaign where you invade Japan.

You can play as any country, and as any contry you can create factions, and as long as youre fascist or comunist you can do whatever you want

Alright nerds I made us a steamgroup, join it while I have it set to public and we can play some games together

Graphics are crap

Fucking soviets man, you can kill 10 million of them and they still can reinforce, barely won the war look at my manpower left.

>Spain 1.61 million dead
what the shit

Playing right now on other computer. Playing as British Raj
>Fascist Civil War
>Created faction with Japan called Asian Bros
>Conquered all of Middle East to Turkey
>Japan fighting war with England and France with Germany
>USSR declares war on Japan
>Now I'm fighting USSR with 31.84 million men in reserve, and I'm gonna whoop their asses
Oddly Germoney hasn't attacked USSR yet and it's 1945. I wish they would because it would ease pressure on the Asian front.

Got pic. Only problem is zero navy, all divisions only have rifles and artillery. Production is so heavy for infantry that I can't afford tanks or any support. Have like 200 submarines floating around too but they aren't doing shit since none of my enemies have navies.

About to get nuclear weapons, so bye-bye Moscow

DESIGNATED

Well I started the Barbarosa campaign because Hitler was dicking around in Sweden making stupid mistakes, so most of the eastern front effort was mine.
Without my medium tanks breaking through the hordes of mongols and the millions of brave Franquistas holding the line he would had lost hard.

My goal of the game is to remove all toilets from the Western World.

>31 million
how the fuck

I'm the only one having problems with the battleplans?

I can't survive as Poland. I've tried to side with everyone in like 5 different games.

Also its bullshit since I have all the American forces marching through my territory to attack Japanese China since the game automatically gives them military access, it's bullshit

Looking for the guy who played this game:

>problems with the battleplans?
How? Put down a front-line, fall back line in case your shits start losing and offensive lines along the rivers. Never ever let AI execute battle plan himself, it's fucking retarded at this

Know what's scary is that 31.84 mil is with volunteer only+fascism upgrades.

Battleplans are annoying. I typically just use front line+offensive since the fallback line shit gets messy. The trick is making sure you wait long enough before enacting them or else you just get slaughtered.

I've heard the only way to win with Poland is to attack Germany immediately. Oddly I've played as Czechoslovakia and never got attacked even though I refused Munich. The AI does weird stuff sometimes.

HO4 is dumbed-down trash that is made for the causal low IQ illiterate retard. HOI 2 is the greatest game ever released by Paradox. I recommend give it a shot before buying (or pirating) that piece of trash.

Probably the same guy who did this

>31 million
Dude go full on asymmetric warfare doctrine and spam infantry and conquer the whole world, you don't even need anti tank weapons.
I had trouble too, its so simple I never thought it would work the way it does, watch a video explanation on youtube.

That's basically what I'm doing. The issue is that I get supply orders of like 100k rifles which are hard to fulfill. Also my infrastructure is shit (India) so I can't get a navy for an invasion force.

here is my germandy campaign, at this point I have only to clean up Australia

Different game. I was in the thread with the guy and told him to invade Scotland.

arta >>> infantry

It's nuts when my one brigade of motorized units has like 3000 soft attacks thanks to 100% bonus on planning

How messy was England invasion? I've played like 5 campaigns (mostly as Allied) and I've never seen AI Germany attempt to invade even if it has mainland Europe locked down.

I'm fascist poland in my current game which is going pretty well

I joined axis and promoted fascism throughout central europe and soviet union and plotted a coup there to begin in march '41 with over 40% fascism support

USSR declared war on me and I just held the line until the coup went off and so far I'm almost to the urals.

Spain joined us and Japan conquered all of China by itself but they're getting gangbanged pretty hard now.

USA just joined allies but I have fascism promoted there to like 48+% so hopefully something will happen there although elections are almost 2 years away.

eu4-hoi no thank you

can you use your sorcerer and bird/paper manna to convert the culture of a province?

true thats why i like ck2 you can always fuck around with child of satan and all that stuff

supprisingly easy, I built no infantry from the start(only motorized), I guess I lucked out because when I landed there was barely any resistance, what there was I swiftly managed to surround and take out.

motorized infantry are too op in my opinion(mainly because of their speed).

Play Vicky 2 it's all about the industry and R&D

the battleplans arent hard theyre just incredibly shitty they always just stand around doing nothing

OP here. How long did it take for all of what you outlined to happen?

JOIN THE STEAM GROUP
so we can play some MP pls

its pretty easy if you side with ussr, siding with geramny is a bit more tricky but doable, creating your own faction is quite a challenge

I know lol V2 is my favorite Paradox game (although C:S used to be fun too)

how you got enough supplies for motorized/mechanized divisions? I can't build enough of those for my small army of million soldiers in year 48

I had like 6 conveyor lines(or what ever they are called) producing motorized equipment.

the first thing i did was take out france by fabricating on them as soon as i could I got around their defenses via naval invasion.

also do not forget to construct civilian factories. at any one time half or more of my construction was spent on civilian factories.

i'd join but I have a pirated copy.

Join

We're starting a match here in a bit I'll give you details once we do, you can play on pirated copies I believe

DH > 3 > 2 > shit > 4

mmm, civi factories, I would try such approach in my next playthrough, but idk if I'll play HoI4 again rather than viki 2 or HoI3

Join niggers

Wait for it to get some updates, AI is dumb as bricks and you will have to micro all your fronts (which the AI can't deal with) unless you have the overwhelming advantage. It's also guaranteed that your AI allies will take stupid bits of land halfway across the world they have no access to in the peace deal just to ruin your borders.

Unrealistic desu.

I'm not even going to pirate the game now.

He probably has it on easy.

I want to play a Greece game but only if you can change the name of Istanbul to Constantinople when you conquer it.

Is it possible?

I do not know, the US is surprisingly easy to take out ...with panzers and motorized\mechinized.

The way to win with poland is to essentially grab as much land as possible in Southern and Southeastern Europe, give Danzig to Germany, and once you have the manpower, you attack Germany. Most of the time your best bet with poland is to side with Germany or Russia though.

Expect several DLCs. Europa Universalis is a totally different game with all the stuff on it.

Vidya is for degenerates, go lift some weights and play some sports

hopefully paradox will deliver

How OP is mechanized/Motorized vs. Regular Infantry, I get the idea that they're super fast, I think that the best battle strategy is to have Medium/Light tanks to push through the most Vulnerable parts of the front, Send heavy tanks to break through the more defended areas, once you break through, spam motorized and infantry through the breaks, and rush for their capital with Infantry covering your Back. Basically Blitzkrieg.

3 is much much better with all of the DLC

fucking based
Kaisereich is the best Mod

can you claim whatever territory you want like in hoi 2 and dh?

This, Kaiserreich for HoI4 may end up being the only reason I buy it.

I just finished a kaiserreich game for dh as Russia where we saved Europe from the syndy swine, kinda wanna make an AAR for it. My only gripe with KR is that its really stressful for the first couple years as every event another nation does could ruin you.

naw dude the ai is retarded what you do is considerate 3 motorized divisions with maybe a tank division in 3 locations 3 or so tiles apart. engage the break through while engaging the division between them. you do not want to push these divisions back just make sure they do not move. and then you further engage the division(s) you broke though on with like half the force while sending the other half to encircle. do this over and over and you won.

yes

I might get it
Still a bit mad thy made this instead of east vs west

I think the fact that I had thw blitzberg doctrine for motorized helped

Cool Strategy.

DELETE THIS!!!

devs are fags

some dude asked how to proceed if he wanted to make a historically accurate game of hitlers plan to win europe and started a very interesting conversation. got shut down immediately due to antisemitism despite there being no mention of jews whatsoever. people posted old war maps, journals, and excerpts of speeches to show the intended push of the germans.

what did you expect from swedes

USA is easy to beat on the 1936 start date if you know what you're doing

here ya go , paradox gives no shit anyway, they will milk tons from the hundred dlc they will make anyway.

Game is shit with AI btw, they have no logic when it comes to naval invasions.;
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65592&start=345

>1941
>half of US is occupied
>only 42 factories

how is this possible?