ITT: Music collection size

How many hours of music do you have saved? How many tracks? Albums? Total filesize?

For me, it's 51:44/724/58/8.2 Gigabytes, mostly OGG and MP3, with some FLAC.

That is so entry-level it's pathetic.

2116:48/33853/220.73

2 hours, 2 tracks, two albums, two lifetimes of muzak

72 GB total

145 GB

Step aside

>hours

>tracks

>albums

>file size
380.94 gb

lurk more and discover more things user

I'm trying, I'm trying. There's so much stuff out there!

This. Why even make this thread OP? I had a bigger collection at 10 years old

I only have a terabyte of room.

How do you guys organize your music? I'm about to transfer a bunch of music from my old computer and I need to re-organize things.

there's nothing wrong with having a small collection as long as youre actively trying to expand it. find a genre you like and explore as many artists you can within that, explore it's origins. find a record label that's released several artists you like and pore through their catalog. the internet is your friend

alphabetically

Lads it’s 2017 you need to start putting all your shit in the cloud

>Music
>1990-2016 Queen Elizabeth
>1991-12-25 Debut
>2004 Japanese 88/24 Remaster
>.flac + png art

>8gigs
Lol I have 14 gigs of just The Beatles

I actively delete hundreds of GB's of music to keep my library just down to stuff I actually would enjoy hearing again, so there's a lot of stuff I download, listen to once and then delete because once was enough

Right now what I haven't deleted but have already tagged and listened to (generally multiple times) is 273GB with just over 32,000 songs

I also have a folder for stuff that's queued up to listen to or delete (I used to just download stuff in bulk when I was a kid but now I listen to everything as I download it so this is a folder I actively whittle down), that folder is 81.8GB

I also do this. No sense in keeping shit I don't actually care about when no one else is gonna look at my collection except for me

You don't think you'd ever go back to something and change your mind on it?
What about rare albums that you don't know if you'll be able to download again?

rare's I tend to keep on my computer at least. Never know if an user on here is gonna ask for it. You are right though, sometimes the context of your life at the moment is what can make you enjoy something. If something's readily available however I can listen online and potentially redownload

Tracks: 35'000
Albums: 3'000
Artists: 2'500
Time: 4 months
Size: 500 GB

nice

>not having physical backups
don't be this guy

E:\album_artist - year - album/track number. track title.extension

110061 songs
1.1TB, 80% MP3 (roughly half v0, other half mixed), 15% FLAC, 5% other

plus about 900 albums on my seedbox, all in FLAC (roughly 250GB)

and i haven't even listened to half of it

This guy knows what's up. How would you do a VA comp? What about DJ mixes?

I enjoy finding music I've never heard far too much to worry about going back to things I didn't care for but for any albums I'm in doubt about my original opinion on, I flag them for a relisten before I finalize the deletion

The fact is however that after 1000's of albums, it becomes easier and easier to delete stuff because you realize there is zero need to keep the stuff you don't want to hear again archived, if there's amazing songs in a bad album, I will keep those songs so it's not like I'm just indiscriminately deleting stuff and basically anything I can just listen to on youtube if I really get an urge for some nostalgia or something or I can download it again

There's some rare stuff I feel a little bad about deleting but that's not common because at that point, it has to be pretty bad in my opinion for me to delete it, the stuff that was harder to get or is less represented in my library, I tend to give more leeway to whether or not I keep it

Why would you be downloading music if it wasn't a FLAC?

121d and 4 hours
Idk albums
944gb

To see what other people's collections looked like, obviously.

I just recently got headphones good enough to actually appreciate FLAC, and I don't feel like moving my whole collection yet.

It's 1/3 FLACs. Only recently decided to actively go lossless.

I don't use the default Windows music folder, it gets filled with useless crap.

I use a "Multimedia" root folder because it helps when I do automated backups. I separate all multimedia from documents, so the documents backup gets done faster. The multimedia backup job gets done less often.

About structure, just stick to something that uses album artist. Never use genres. It's a pain to categorize and it's not deterministic.

Fair enough

So you just had this collection of MP3's you downloaded in 2007 and kept them up till now?

I've had crap headphones for a while, and I've been downloading music for a while. My hard drive is real small (160 gig) so it worked out. Up until now I've had no reason to use lossless audio.

Oh, this eternal debate but I love it.
I download FLACs not sound quality. It's something about preservation.
well, maybe it's about quality. I mean, you avoid reencodes and youtube rips and things that actually sound bad.

But a V0 or 320 sounds good. I don't replace them.
What I do actually replace is old stuff I revisit and it's in 128kbps limewire era stuff. Back then, the encoders where not great and there's audible distortion.