How did he lose to Maul?

How did he lose to Maul?

I know he got stabbed and all, but how exactly did he let that happen? He was fighting just fine and then... I dunno. Seems like he just got tired? Did he have an asthma attack?

Maybe he should've trained more.

He was an idiot. All of star wars was his fault. Death was too good for him. He deserved worse.

Simple.
Maul had the 'high' ground.

He was a Jedi Guardian while Maul was a Sith Assassin, however Jinn hadn't specced as a tank so he was a shit matchup.

This. Literally worst jedi ever. Everytging bad about the prequels originated from qui gon jin

His dueling styles main weakness was the type that maul uses, and it made it even worse because he had such great range. He could never use his fighting ability to it's fullest against him so he was basically crippled the enire time. Obi-Wan use to have the same style as him until this fight, that's when he changed it to that OP defensive style and became very hard to beat.

All it takes is to lose in lightsaber combat is to fall behind several microseconds. Couple that with the fact he probably had little experience fighting a double lightsaber.

lightsaber training was more of a formality at that point seeing as the jedi believed the sith had been extinct for a millennium. Usually they were just blocking blaster shots

Maul had lmao2lightsabers and was probably super fast because he is an edgy alien

>Luke, did I ever tell you about how I let my master Qui-Gon Jinn die because I forgot to use the force speed to run past red-colored shields protecting a hole on Naboo? Darth Maul stabbed him with his dual-bladed lightsaber while I watched and screamed in pain and agony. I was a bad friend.

>How did he lose to Maul?

He was a shit jedi. He went to jedi class every day drunk.

He was a consular, a diplomat, not a fighter. He had green sord not blue.

evian bottle-like

He only had 70% of his Force Focus on jedi, since he was putting 30% of it to training Obi Wan and Anakin.

They had lost all communication, what the fuck did you expect him to do.

>OP defensive style
aka high ground style

Nah man, young Kenobi was young and unexperienced and was a shitstain of stamina and mana, he could do force speed at that time

>

>tfw you realize the reason obi-wan fucked up anakin is because he did the same attack to darth maul and knew it's weakness because he perfected it before so he could counter it

but double sabers are a dumb idea, just cut the middle part

don't see how you could get such deep gashes from burns desu

Now you have 2 saber
Saber always win

holy fucking kek I must have suppressed my memory of this scene.

This seems like a giant fucking plothole for the rest of the series though.

lava can melt flesh and bones

The official story is he uses a form that need some oarsmen do space and Maul backed him into the corner. That's a load of shit though. He just lost.

People lose fits it happens.

Where's your evidence?

I think that's shooped.

He meant to lose. He knew Anakin was special but the council forbade him from training. So Qui-Gon threw the fight, and with his last breath pleaded with Obi-Wan to train Anakin. He knew Obi-Wan would fulfil his dying wish, and the council would probably bend over in light of the new circumstances.

It was all part of the plan.

Nice make up.

>I could quickly prove myself wrong but I'll just say my shit opinion instead.

You're actually not far off OP
They explain it in the now-discarded books, but Qui-gon had always used a style of fighting that was definitely not good for the confined space they ended up in, against a style Maul used specifically to counter that style. And, as you said, the strain of trying to keep up while using "the wrong style" was very tiring, especially for a human of his age. Maul lured him in there on purpose, because he knew that was his weakness.

It's like Maul was meta-gaming at a tabletop D&D session, when Gin wanted to remain true to the flavor of his character. Or like Maul counter-picked him in the drafting phase, while Gin stayed the same character type.

TLDNR: Yeah, he got tired, because he was old and using a combat style that was a real PITA to use in that situation. Maul planned on it. Or so the bullet notes I read on Gin a couple years ago said.

Maul was slightly taller than him, so, he had the high ground, from a certain point of view.

Sounds lie a bit of a cunt, really. Using emotional blackmail to get his pet project complete.

The battery on his plot armor projector gave out.

>45 years old

Nigga, you thinkin of the Reptile/Liu Kang fight. Shit made no senae.

the Dark Side is a hell of a drug

>h-heh jokes on you I totally meant to die

Was this fucked with? Are those actually the effects used in the movie? I watched this a lot as a kid and never noticed that.

could you do Force healing? use the Force to heal injuries and illnesses?

Yet that didn't stop him getting rekt by a padawan.

why would he excel more in a non confined space?

smart but lazy

not if you aren't ambidexterous

in revenge of the sith and the old eu yes.