This was the worst film from Quentin Tarantino, by far...

This was the worst film from Quentin Tarantino, by far. It dragged on way too long and arguing it's "Agatha Christie like murder mystery" is mostly insulting to Christie. He's still good at writing dialogue but frankly that's not enough to make a good film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HgbSAL8OKY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree. Technically sound, but the writing was pretty bad. Not stylistically, but just in the way he crafted the story. There was little to no suspense, even though there were many moments which could have been suspenseful.

The flashback wasn't really necessary either, or at least the way it was handled. It ruined any of the ambiguity that might still have been there.

and yet the worst tarantino movie by your standards is still miles above cape shit

Tarantino's arrogance doesn't allow him to honestly edited his flicks. He thinks everything he's shot is pure cinematic gold and should be seen. There is no reason for The Hateful Eight to have been 2 hours and 40 minutes long.

>decent dialogue
>bland story
>cliche characters (Sam Jackson as himself, Tim Roth as British Christoph Waltz)
>weak soundtrack

Let me guess, you have never been to a play before, you uncultured sponge.

It's literally the only good film he's done since the Kill Bills, in comparison to his other works it even comes up as a nuanced film

thumbnail looks like a red lightsaber

>I hate this movie because I hate black people

Can Sup Forums go back to their containment board?

I enjoyed the movie but can totally understand why people wouldn't. I wish I saw it in 70mm because some of the landscapes were fucking stunning.

Not a single reply so far has said anything close to that.

so you're sayin that this movie is worse than django? is there a single movie he made worse than django? at least it was his own thing, not an antiracist faggotry like django.

> Make a repeated point of the fact the door is broken
> Door is revealed to have been shot out in a flashback
> In a Tarantino movie

Bravo Quinton

Hateful Eight is easily worse than Django.

>not a boring moment in the movie
>goat tier dialogue
>fucking amazing from the very beginning

you need to kys

Why are you obsessed with black people? It's weird ://

> Hey, I know you. You're (background to character the audience doesn't know about yet). I met you at (context for the audience to know a bit more about the characters)

> That's correct, and you're (background of other character)

> AYEBRAHAM LINKEDIN?

I feel like, with fame and money, there's nobody to say "no" to Tarantino anymore while he's making these movies. There are certain dangers to it when everyone starts regarding everything you do as masterpieces

Agree with this completely

django is obviously financed and spiritually lead by niggers. everything about that film is about niggers. i guess he's just paying his dues to the dead nigger storage from pulp fiction. hateful eight was at least his own thing. it was tarantino being tarantino, without having faggots shit all over him about what the film should be about. he made that film himself, much like pulp fuction and reservoir dogs. i didn't like jackie brown because it was a feminist thing. every movie standing for minority rights is a jew move and it's sleezy.

it's better than half of his movies, so what's your problem pleb?

jackie brown> pulp fiction> reservoir dogs> TH8> four rooms> killBill vol.1> death proof> vol.2> django unchained> dogshit> inglorious bastards

this

He's a thief.

This is a guy who worked at a video rental store when he was a teen and watched a lot of obscure Asian and foreign films. He then stole the good material and techniques and used it for his future films, giving him the appearance of being a cinematic mastermind.

>steal good material
>re-write it
>cast American actors
>"OMG! Tarantino is such a genius and so original!"

Fuck that shit.

Same thing with The Hunger Games. It's a complete rip-off of Battle Royale.

bad taste mate, inglorious basterds belongs in his top3

What films has he 'stolen' from?

isn't that what zack snyder and jew jew abrams are doing for a shitton of money right now?

reservoir dogs is a complete rip off of city on fire then tarantino claimed he hadn't seen it when questioned about it despite dedicating his script to chow yun fat in the script of reservoir dogs lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=7HgbSAL8OKY

You're an idiot, stop posting.

>movies should only be made by, for and about white people
Sup Forums pls

There isn't a nigger or jew scheme behind every corner. It was low brow entertainment, just like most of his films, and it successfully accomplished what it set out to do.

Wow that's pretty blatant

>reservoir dogs is a complete rip off of city on fire
Stop this meme. The only thing these two movies share is a genre and an undercover cop as a plot device. If you're going to call it a rip off then a hundred other undercover cop movies are, as it's themes are iterative as fuck.

Hey Quentin!

Nice argument. Wait, it's not an argument.

if stealing techniques and story from obscure shit was all it takes to create good movies everyone would be a mastermind.

now shut the fuck up you fucking idiot.

meant for obviously

City on fire is a john woo ripoff who was already ripping off mann who was already ripping off melville and peckinpah who was already ripping off huston who was already ripping off walsh who was already ripping off griffith etc etc

gangsters in suits + chow yun fat + mexican stand off = it's from fucking john woo, ringo lame is just as derivative

the film is fucking dedicated to melville and a lot of other filmmakers like godard and detoth, he never tried to hide his influences and always wore them on his sleeves

I really liked this movie honestly, in my opinion its miles over django unchained.

>it ripped off the heist scene
>even though reservoir dogs doesn't even have a heist scene
Jesus christ, people are retarded.

Also everyone kills eachother in the end anyway, making the past 3 hours a waste of fucking time

I found it entertaining.

Disdain for plebs.
>Tragedy (from the Greek: τραγῳδία, tragōidia [a]) is a form of drama based on human suffering that invokes an accompanying catharsis or pleasure in audiences.

hang yourself mate

If it's so good I wonder why I never hear it referenced to after it's been out. Forgettable as fuck. Boring-ass gimmick movie.

Nah, I think it's his best film. Haven't seen Resevoir Dogs though.

Inglorious Basterds is fucking great man.

I think Inglorious Basterds was by far the worst

Hateful 8 was far better than I expected, and the sheriff character is top tier

I heard about it a lot, for months after release.

For awhile during watching it, my dad thought it was Tarantino doing like a recreation of The Thing but in wild west mountains. For a little bit I thought he was onto something, with the use of Kurt Russel, the bleak snowy environment, the music use and somewhat unclear plot. Like, one of the group was not who they said they were or something and it was to become a witch hunt. For a bit I believed him too, the scene where OB and the sheriff drive in the metal poles all the way to the outhouse, when he said it I realized I was getting a very The Thing vibe.

Of course it turned out different, but still it was a memorable feeling. Either way, overall I liked the film, though IMO Joe Gague should have been actually innocent, when people kept thinking him guilty. Like he was another last minute random arrival to the cabin, unrelated to the Domingre gang and they didn't have enough time to kill him before the Hangman's coach arrived. And so maybe at the end of the movie, Joe was the only one to survive, and get to go home to mother for Christmas.

embarrassing post

it's because this movie ripped of a good movie's plot, a hallmark of Quentin Hackatino

I have, but I like cinema to be cinema. The Hateful Eight was really obviously either something he knew wouldn't work on screen, or something written in order to be performed on stage in the way it was at the tablereads. Then, unfortunately, his fans called his bluff, and the result is objectively stagier than most 1929 talkies.

No, it's just factual. 'Themes are iterative' is the kind of thing a film studies major with no creative ability of their own says. Do you have a Patreon yet?

there a difference between taking ideas and then lifting entire sequences Tarantino is a fucking HACK

Tarantino is one of the most overrated filmmakers in cinematic history. People say they like his crap just to seem edgy.

Watch the rest of the video - Reservoir Dogs couldn't afford a heist scene, but what's planned and what we're told went down matches what we see in City on Fire exactly, and everything back at the hideout is identical.

It was one of his best movies. All the butthurt displayed here won't change this fact.

No, the entire story was lifted. The characters, the structure, even elements of the staging - look at the three-way stand-off, one of the most striking things in Reservoir Dogs, and there it is in City on Fire. Taking influence and inspiration is not 'ripping off', and copying a plot entirely is not taking influence or inspiration - it's just theft.

It was one of his worst movies. All the buttlove displayed here won't change this fact.

Actually, shitting on Tarantino seems to be a recent, edgy Sup Forums thing

Who Do You Think You're Fooling is a classic, it was originally circulated on VHS tapes.

His last 5 movies were vomit.

How? Nobody ever rates him as one of the best, he's just a good director with a good filmography.

No, no adults ever liked him, only teenage boys and late developers.

Thinking that is overrating him, he's not a good director and his filmography is not good.

sure m8

You can keep telling yourself that but it won't make it true.

Hateful Eight is better than both Pulp Fiction and Django (which is his worst film)

>recreation of The Thing but in wild west mountains
this was what I heard the film was like but as said, there is basically no suspense at all.
I thought the film started off promising but after they were all in the cabin it just lost direction, like Tarantino didn't what the fuck he was supposed to do between the characters reaching the cabin and revealing the flashback.

at least it was better than Django.

t. teenager

>Sam Jackson as himself
>Tim Roth as British Christoph Waltz
>Michael Madsen as the exact same guy he played in Kill Bill
>Stereotypical Mexican as Stereotypical Mexican

Saying that, it was a boring movie and definitely not one of his best but still pretty comfy to watch.

His editor died. She was the only person that was able to make Tarantino coherent.

Literally Reservoir Dogs with a less interesting cast and story, in a western setting.

30 minutes too long. The movie I a lot better if you watch it at 1.25x speed and normalize the voices.

Man Romeo and Juliet was such a waste of my time!

>poor quality bait

>Not Django

I enjoyed it but I'm a Tarantino Stan all day cause I grew up with them and have always loved films in that style but I get why some people wouldn't

Kill Bill is a complete rip-off of Lady Snowblood

You are absolutely wrong. This is Tarantino's top 3.
It might have been over 3 hours long, but it never felt like that. The story was engaging, and the ending was satisfying.

This is no different that Henry Ford looking at Karl Benz 3 wheeler, and deciding to make his own version.