Black guy is butchering and bastardizing jazz with his modern pop synth bullshit

>black guy is butchering and bastardizing jazz with his modern pop synth bullshit
>white guy is the jazz purist who wants to save the art and soul of true jazz

Haha wow.

Pretty fucking racist, even by Hollywood standards.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-empty-exertions-of-la-la-land
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>black guy wants to experiment with musical genre
>white guy just wants to stick with what is known and socially accepted
sounds about right

what did he mean by this?

that's how it goes

black guys are innovators and artist revolutionaries

while white guys just steal and appropriate

>no Jew that actually helped to invent jazz

Why is Hollywood so anti-semitic?

>they actually believe this

It's trash either way

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-empty-exertions-of-la-la-land

this like with punk
>muh ramones were the first
was Death a band from detroit
a nowdays normies relate whities with punk

what about MC5? and they were the ones who reinvented the leather jackets because they were in a BP affiliate group. Doesn't that compromise things?

I know it fucking doesn't

>he actually believes they actually believe this

WE

gwt thw fuck out with that shit

thas rite

blaque men invented eerrythang

he was talking about music. You seem triggered

The black guy was right though. Gosling just wanted to pay tribute, while the black guy wanted to experiment and do something different. What's better is up to personal taste, but doing something different allows you to get more recognition in the long run.

Its only racist if you think it is

>not knowing about Sam Gillard

I think black Jews are so rare they're destined to do something important. Look at Drake.

I'm pretty sure him and Gillard are the only two black Jews in history actually.

>muh pure jazz
This is what jazz will sound like in 50 years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel

he was factually incorrect anyway

>burger education

WE WUZ JAZZ N SHIT

Death is proto-punk, you dumb boogie. Plus, before Death there was the Stooges. And The Sonics even before them.

>triggwrwd niggwr

how so?

It's complicated. Maybe I'm just a fucking racist but:
I'd say white musicians are more experimental in a cognitive, "scholarly" sort of way
Like John Cage, Brian Eno, Arvo Part
They consciously decide to mess with accepted conventions
Whereas black musicians are more experimental in a down-to-earth emotional sort of way
They tend to happen upon interesting ideas just by really digging deep to express something.

>blacks
>being relevant to jazz in over a decade

lmfao

No, not black Jews: regular Jews.

Regular Jews helped to invent Jazz.

FYI Rock n Roll was the result of blackies appropriating Appalachian folk and drunken Irish tunes. If it wasn't for based White Man all black music would sound like the Lion King soundtrack. You're welcome.

WUZ JAZZ N SHIET

See

the blacks made it more interesting.
Then the whites stole that mix and added sugar additives and sold it as their own.
see: Flaming Moe's.

Sammy Davis Jr. too.

Never heard of it. Will never watch. I hate anything dance related and I don't watch movies anymore.

you fucking retard

no one knew death at the time. ramones influenced thousands of bands, it's fair to say they were more significant in its development

also you're forgetting the stooges and mc5, who were admittedly largely influenced by black music, but the point you were trying to make is no less retarded for that

>and I don't watch movies anymore

Sup Forums in a nutshell.

damn...

already outdated. meanwhile the world still hasn't caught up to mahavishnu orchestra and 70s miles

I mean, I agree, but a large part of that is contextual. most black musical innovations have come out of a struggle of some kind - a struggle significant enough that they wouldn't have even had the opportunity to approach music as academically as the white artists you mentioned. that's a luxury. the exception is jazz, though

when a band states in an interview that they 're "influenced", it means nothing more than "we knew at that point we had to play like that if we wanted to keep getting paid for playing instruments". But I can see that you would understand it as actual influence, the consumer teenager you are, perceiving rock'n'roll as a commodity.
You 're probably one of those clinically stupid to actually, unironically argue whether rock had its roots in england or britain and feel patriotic about it.

>the consumer teenager you are, perceiving rock'n'roll as a commodity.
dude, you're the one who just watched the death documentary and is pretending you know everything about punk. no one knew them at the time, they made fewer bands pick up instruments than ramones. there's nothing to discuss

>black people invented Jazz meme
Excuse me, which African nation developed Jazz?

Checkmate, Afrocentric kangz!

I wasn't the user who posted about Death.

sorry Sup Forums, Sup Forums still watches tv shows and movies even if it's to bitch and moan about them.

so you agree that ramones were more influential than death? if so, your comment was pointless. if not, you're an idiot for the aforementioned reasons

read my comment again.

you went on an loosely related tangent about what bands mean when they say "influenced," and then continued with a strawman

you also said this
>it means nothing more than "we knew at that point we had to play like that if we wanted to keep getting paid for playing instruments"
which actually doesn't contradict what I said at all, as I had never at any point said that influence was an organic thing unrelated to a band's desire for commercial appeal

It wouldn't even sound as good as the Lion King, that was Jewish music made to sound a bit 'African.'

This. All forms of music invented in America are white by default. Blues stem from blacks being butthurt at how inferior they are to the White Man. Rock n Roll was black boys ripping off superior white music and didn't become good until Elvis fixed it.

Also, Bob Dylan rapped in some of his songs decades before hip hop. DWI, liberals.

It's actually the opposite. True rock stems from garage band covering Rock n Roll hits and stripping it of it's polish, making it more authentic and real.

Death wasn't a punk band, Jamal. They fall into the grarge rock/protopunk category, which was around before them and entirely white. Now one make the argument that the Ramones weren't the first punk band, but you'd have to be pants on the head retarded to claim the punk isn't a 100% white genre of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY

I'm glad John Legend is seen as the crappy new wave garbage in this movie, because that's exactly how I feel about his IRL career.

he has 2 or 3 good songs tho, I'll give him that much

you 're both retards

compelling argument

nice bait

>death wasn't a punk band
>they were protopunk
>a subgenre of punk that literally has punk in the name

t. Buttblasted

They were a 2nd wave garage rock band. This form of music is often called protopunk due to it's influence on punk rock. However Death was just one of many bands in this genre, with some predating them by almost a decade. Also, their music was like a tree that fell in the woods with no one to hear it. They had zero effect on the punk genre and weren't discovered until the late '00s.

I found Emma's performance ribbeting.

How so, reddit?

No, you 're

It is funny seeing black people who have never heard a single punk song in their life claim this irrelevant, albeit interesting, band invented punk. They must have watched the documentary on BET or their school'spublic library computer.

>black people who have never heard a single punk song in their life

if you think that black people only listen to hip hop, you probably have no contact with reality.

Thelonius Monk was white?

No. I've met black nerds who listen to nu-metal and post grunge, plus suburban quadroon jamming to shit like Katy Perry. Never punk, though.

If they knew anything about punk they obviously wouldn't argue that Death had any significance in the formation of punk rock.

just shut up and stop posting

>LOLOLOLL DELETE UR ACCOUT XD!

>Niggers chimp around and almost make a thing
>Whites put in 100% of the work and perfect it

WE

Thelonious Monk was an American, and everything he accomplished was thanks to Western Culture. What forms of music come out of Sub-Saharan Africa?

I mean, it's not like he was genetically predisposed into creating music, right? We are all equal, so implying that would be racist.

>black guy using the term ”normie"
When will you people stop appropriating our culture?

Blacks have no culture of their own, so they gotta steal it.

>black jew who married a white woman from Sweden

Sup Forums BTFO

the black experience informed the soul of jazz

proofs?

Why didn't Jazz originate in Africa? Why did only Westernized blacks find their souls?

White Americans were the reason for the black experience. Therefore, White's created jazz.

lol, dis nigga b madd! :(

Just a reminder Beethoven invented Jazz/Ragtime